Received our Recall Ballot

The recall ballot includes two questions. The first simply asks if Newsom should be recalled as governor. The second question — which can be filled out regardless of what a voter chooses on the recall question — asks voters to choose from the field of 46 certified replacement candidates, with the added option to write in a candidate.

Question 2 only comes into play if a majority of voters opt to recall Newsom on Question 1.

“the subject of the recall cannot be a candidate, a write-in vote for Newsom would not be counted, Only certified write-in candidates are counted.\”
 The Secretary of State’s office plans to release the list of certified write-in candidates on Sept. 3.
In Summary:
If a majority of voters, vote \”yes\” on the recall question, the official in question will be recalled from office.
If a majority of voters, vote \”no,\” the official will remain in office.
In the event of a successful recall, the replacement candidate who receives the most votes will serve the remainder of the recalled official\’s term.
If no replacement candidate is nominated or qualifies for the position, the office will be vacant and filled according to the relevant laws governing vacancies.
There are going to be a lot of people like the men in my life,  who will be devastated if Newsom remains in office. I won\’t. I always prepare myself – and look at the odds. I\’m a realist. Today\’s latest poll has 48.8 to keep him and 47.6 to remove and although very tight, I see him as prevailing whether or not people like it. It is extremely hard to get a Democrat out of this state.
So will there be another mass exodus out of California? Oh, there will be those who will because they can. Many of us can\’t or just won\’t because we love it here and would be a fish out of water in any other state. I figure I am 67 years old – I\’ve been voting for 49 years here in California. For half of those years, I was an independent Democrat (a Reagon democrat)  briefly as a Republican, (it wasn\’t a good fit for me), and switched to be an Independent. I lean libertarian but their foreign policy is dangerous. I\’ve seen the writing on the wall for years – Arnold was a fluke. He will probably be the last Republican governor (RINO) California will ever see again.
Again, this is my opinion and if I am wrong, no biggie.

13 thoughts on “Received our Recall Ballot

1. Anonymous August 21, 2021 / 8:49 pm

From what I read, you may get your wish of a Republican governor. Polls indicate the recall may be a reality and Democrats were encouraged to not vote for someone to replace Newsome according to the Washington Post.

2. Anonymous August 21, 2021 / 10:55 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens. From what I know of him – I hope the recall goes through.

3. Anonymous August 21, 2021 / 11:12 pm

Just read your previous post on Biden. I agree!!!!!

4. Anonymous August 21, 2021 / 11:16 pm

I don't understand your voting systen but then I don't really understand ours

5. Anonymous August 21, 2021 / 11:24 pm

That last Paragraph was a very wise summary. I pray you blessings in the heathen west.

6. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 1:24 am

I read that article in the Washington Post – and some of the comments. Interesting. I am firm – Newsom will win but it will be close. I will be utterly shocked if he doesn't. As to who will win, I have no idea. I myself have not vetted anyone yet and plan to do that this week. My husband will vote his way and like always, I vote mine. But even if Newsom should lose, it will be a curse. They won't be able to do anything and they eventually turn.

7. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 1:24 am

Yeah it will be interesting.

8. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 1:25 am

Actually this is not our voting system for the country. It's for the state of California recall election. Even Californians don't quite understand it either, since it happen rarely.

9. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 1:48 am

I doubt Newsom will be ousted. He belongs to the Pelosi-Brown gangster family. And all those choices. What a quagmire. I wish y'all could get good leadership that puts his or her trust in Jesus Christ. I wish we all could.Good luck.Blessings. xx

10. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 2:16 am

Interesting. I don't think Newsom is the problem, I think the California one party situation is the problem. We have a similar problem in New Jersey.

11. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 6:53 am

I just read your last post and I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you said about Biden. I think you're just pissed off cause your niece was middle eastern and Biden ended the war. How long more were we supposed to be there? 20 more? 50? 100? Sorry, it was time. Also, I would rather see a thousand pictures of him eating ice cream (even biting it if he wants) than any picture with the former (thank God) one term, twice impeached, disgraced, racist, orange, pussy grabbing, con man. He took this country down into the mud and it will be years before we dig ourselves out, if we ever do. He needs to be in prison not out playing golf or plotting his come back. I live for the day they arrest this grifter and his chinless spawn for all their crimes. So put down Biden all you want, I'd rather have a respectable man in office than someone who mocks the disabled, rapes women, yells at reporters, gives everyone a demeaning nickname (cause he's perfect right?), avoids paying taxes, calls our troops losers and suckers (isn't your husband a veteran?) cited an insurrection, tried to overthrow our election and on and on and on. He's a criminal plain and simple and the worst president this country ever had or will ever have. Again, he needs to be in prison. Biden brings respect to the office of the Presidency and I am proud to call him my President. At least the world isn't laughing at us like they did when that one term, twice impeached, disgraced, racist, orange, pussy grabbing, loser was trying and failing miserably to run the country.

12. Anonymous August 22, 2021 / 9:14 pm

What does my middle eastern niece and family have to do with this? Oh you are classic.

13. Anonymous August 23, 2021 / 12:44 am

Well, he is part of the problem. It's his friends and his out of touch thinking for regular Californians. He's good if you are in SF or LA or Sacramento. But the rest of the state, he doesn't hear us.