Things I wish I had said –

INFORMATION

facts about a situation, person, event, etc. Information should always be accurate and free from bias.

PROPAGANDA

Propaganda\” is defined as the \”systematic propagation of information or ideas by an interested party, esp. in a tendentious way in order to encourage or instill a particular attitude or response. Also, the ideas, doctrines, etc., disseminated thus; the vehicle of such propagation.\” (Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989)

MISINFORMATION

\”Misinformation\” is defined as the action of misinforming or the condition of being misinformed; or erroneous or incorrect information. Misinformation differs from propaganda in that it always refers to something which is not true. It differs from disinformation in that it is \”intention neutral\”; that is, misinformation is not deliberate, just wrong or mistaken.

OPINION

a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Protecting free speech means protecting a free press, the democratic process, diversity of thought, and so much more.  (BLOGS INCLUDED) The ACLU has worked since 1920 to ensure that freedom of speech is protected for everyone. AND THAT INCLUDES ME AND MY BLOG.

I started thinking about what the commenter said. I\’m a sensitive soul and don\’t like to piss people off if I can help it – so I went back to re-read what got her all worked up. From the above definitions, I never gave out FALSE INFORMATION. I didn\’t promote PROPAGANDA and I wasn\’t spreading any MISINFORMATION. I never once said what I believe or felt on my rant was FACT. It was purely my opinion – my belief from where I am at.

I suspect the comment was mad about other things that were my OPINION.

Now why that bugs so many people is beyond me. I will never back down from my opinions or my thoughts. This is my blog and when I get a bug up my butt to rant and it is not to your liking, you can unfollow me or just pass it by for that day. I have a few blogs I follow that I don\’t agree with their politics or opinions and I let it go. It must have something to do with CONTROL. People want to control how others think and feel even down to managing their opinions.

I also never ever said I was against the vaccine. I had a few deleted comments that accused me of being an anti-vaxxer. Oh come on now – they must not be regular followers of my blog. I blogged about my shot, 1st, and 2nd dose and was happy to do it. I always wore my mask – didn\’t like it but I did it to protect the small business in my area who has been hit hard and continues to struggle to feed their families.

Don\’t try and snuff out my RIGHT to voice my opinion on my own blog. If you don\’t like it or disagree, fine – move on. I\’m just as stubborn with my opinion as you are about trying to change mine. It just ain\’t gonna happen.

Lastly, you don\’t know me. You don\’t know from where I am coming from. I am a Christian for over 40 years – my husband is Messianic. We look at the world through those eyes. I refuse to live in FEAR; no matter how true something is.  When I start to feel the fearful emotions I pray and I make a conscious decision NOT TO live in FEAR but to enjoy this life. I keep my eye on the ultimate prize. Those who are believers KNOW what that prize is.

11 thoughts on “Things I wish I had said –

1. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 12:14 am

They are not regular readers of your blog. You are an independent thinker in my opinion. Somehow people have gotten where they think there are wrong opinions.

2. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 12:39 am

I guess I am commenting too much. But it bothers me that people would give you a hard time. My big reason is that I have lost a few friends the past year or so about politics. I am not that vocal about politics. I admire people who are vocal. I know you have to know as far as politics goes, we disagree on a few things. But I have never felt that it affected how you felt about me as a blogging friend. And I have appreciated that. But there are so many who take their opinions way too serious. I read the post. Who isn't sick and tired of Covid. That was my impression from your post. And if your arm is hurting, it is tripply irritating. I am more aggravated with the anti-vaxxers in Georgia in that we are fixing to have a big wave of infections because of their bull-headedness. And yes, some of those hardheads are my kinfolk and friends.

3. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 12:56 am

I don't agree with you on all things ~ and that is OK. YOU have the right of YOUR opinions, and screw those who would like to 'control' you.Hugs ~

4. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 1:56 am

So sorry someone was unkind. That's so unnecessary, isn't it. *sigh* Yeah, delete, delete, delete! Don't need that kind of negativity in our lives. It is about control. My adopted father was like that. His religion was the Democratic Party and all that entails. No one DARED disagree with him or they would have endure his verbal (or sometimes, physical) abuse. That's one strong reason I don't argue. Another is, I know my beliefs too. I only trust the Holy Word to give correction.By the way, kind of a giggle, I didn't know what \”Messianic\” means. Had to look it up. I don't now what I'd title myself as … \”Grace Believer\”, I guess. (Ephesians 2:8-9) Like y'all, I just trust Jesus and do the best I can.Hope the hurt has passed and the words don't linger in the air like a bad smell. Light a match (pray for the Holy Spirit's calm). That always works to rid our minds of noxious odors. I have to do that too … many times.Blessings. xx

5. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 11:45 pm

There are many things I often wish I said but was too nice and said nothing, like now

6. Anonymous July 29, 2021 / 5:45 pm

I take that as a compliment Ann. That's what I thought as well. They are not my regular readers.

7. Anonymous July 29, 2021 / 5:47 pm

I have opinions – don't we all. I've never said, that my opinion is right. I could be wrong. But at times, after bottling up my opinions and feelings about things, I come here to my blog to post to safe friendly readers that I know don't agree with me all the time, but allow me to vent. Just as I do for them. It's either that, or pay through the nose for a shrink.

8. Anonymous July 29, 2021 / 5:48 pm

Yeah, that's right! Thanks. I never said I was right. opinions are just feelings that need to be vented.

9. Anonymous July 29, 2021 / 5:51 pm

He adheres to Messianic Judaism. We observe both Christian holidays and Jewish holidays.

10. Anonymous July 29, 2021 / 5:53 pm

uh oh…I never make negative comments on another's blog if it has to do with controversial subjects. If I disagree I just let it go. If I have something to say, and it builds up in me, a rant will eventually follow. It's a curse!