Working up to a long overdue RANT

I woke up this morning feeling a bit down – I get this way when I can\’t really do anything in my garden. Everything is dying. Too hot for me to get out there and totally rip everything out. Too smoky which is not good for the lungs. So it\’s another day inside the house.

I\’m going to see my Doctor about some arm pain I have been having on my right arm. It\’s a burning type of pain. I\’ve had it for several years and just tried to ignore it but it\’s getting worse. It\’s a burning type of pain that is set off when I use my right arm. Brushing my hair, my teeth, cutting meat or vegetables, carrying dishes…The pain then radiates to my shoulder and upper back. I think it is when I was knocked down at the dog park by a running great Dane puppy. I injured my knee at that time as well which ended in a knee replacement 2 years ago. IT comes and goes and many times I have told the doctor but we can\’t find where the pain is so now I want an x-ray or something so I can get a shot or something. It is beginning to interfere with my quality of life. I am right-handed so it affects me.

After I see him I will go to the grocery store t get a few things and then come home and that will be the extent of my going outside today.

I would be doing something but my arm keeps me from being able to paint or sew.

So yeah, I feel down, and when I get this way I get mad – Here\’s my rant.

And then this potential mask mandate is looming in our future once again and I am sick of it. Sick of being told what I can and cannot do. Sick of wishy-washy information. I got the vaccine believing what they told me. I wouldn\’t have to wear a mask and I could get out and about. WRONG. They lied.

I read that worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year. If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn’t change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. I\’d say that is a pandemic. Yet nothing is being done. Hypocrisy!

I was all for getting the vaccine – I masked up – I kept my 6 ft distance – I did everything \”they\” said to do. When will this end?

I\’m sick of it. I can\’t stand our leadership – our president is an embarrassing joke. Even my leftist friend said, \”he\’s one level up from being a rock.\”  Our vice president is …well I won\’t go there. Our woke, social justice agendas are ridiculous – cancel culture is wrong. The younger generation I am disappointed in. Heck, I\’m not even rooting for the USA in the Olympics. Go SWEDEN! To think I used to be a Megan Rapinoe, a local here from Redding. I used to be so proud of her. Now she has become such a ….well I won\’t go there, either.

Just seems common sense is no more. It\’s all partisan – even if it makes sense. The border crisis and then there is the Cuban crisis. Yet our leadership turns their back on them. I don\’t get that.

The USA is practically done. It is being fundamentally changed and history; whether it was right or wrong is being torn out of history books. Yet the majority of the public support it. I no longer belong here but I feel I am stuck because there really is no place to go anymore for true FREEDOM. Well, there is, but I would have to die first and I\’ll give that authority to Jesus Christ when He decides to take me HOME.

18 thoughts on “Working up to a long overdue RANT

1. Anonymous July 26, 2021 / 11:27 pm

Rant away! I agree with everything you said.I'm sorry about your arm. I hope you can get some answers.

2. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 2:01 am

A pinched nerve in my neck caused me arm pain many years ago. A risky operation fixed it and it has been good since. I think they have treatments today that are not as invasive.I suspect many people feel as you do with regard to our current leadership and wokeness. I believe it will be acceptable to voice such opinions before long…right now it is risky, so I will not comment. Or did I?

3. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 2:18 am

Since this Covid is unknown entity, no one knows…they have always maintained that any vaccine is not totally effective..the new strains are causing problems…if masks and isolation had been mandated in March 2020, 600,000 might not have died…maybe you could just equate it to wearing seatbelts and other safety factors we experience. I do enjoy your blog always…you have some great thoughts…yes we are all tired of this but itis a virus no one can control…you are young,but I lived through Polio,and remember similar…also the virus is not political…keep ranting…it helps…

4. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 12:26 pm

Poor dear on the pain. I had a terrible fall many years ago and it completely messed up my right side. I had to learn how to use my left hand and arm for everything. The pain was unreal. After finally getting the proper diagnose, it was Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. A vascular surgeon removed a rib on the right side (it was pressing on that nerve thus the incredible pain) and then I was right as rain. Except, that now it's permanently damaged on that side from the pain shots, etc. The first doc really messed me up. Be sure to get a second opinion if the first one isn't satisfactory. If they don't run a bunch of tests, keep looking! Being in pain is awful. LOTS of prayers for your healing. Keep us posted!?As far as the rant … yep. I'm saying the same things!! It's all Marxism, has nothing to do with \”science\” or public health. That's something else people need to walk away from. It's all lies.God bless you. Hope you get better soon. You're too precious to hurt!!Blessings. xx

5. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 1:36 pm

No vaccine is 100 % effective and even though I am fully vaccinated, I still wear a mask when out in enclosed spaces with a lot of people like stores, church, etc. I have auto immune disease and I know I can still contract the virus even though I an fully vaccinated…Basically it is like getting the flu after taking a flu shot..No one lied about the vaccine. An added extra precaution is to wear a mask which I gladly still do because getting Co Vid is far worse than wearing a mask. I had to wear a mask from November to March every year for the last 5-6 years i worked whenever I came within 6 feet of another person. This was the medical center where I worked policy if you did take a flu shot which I am unable to take. And the funny thing is that I rarely got sick when wearing a mask while all my other co workers who took the flu shot ended up sick most of the Winter…..I had to wear masks when taking care of patient's in isolation for MRSA or VRE and I even took care of a patient with the corona virus in early 2019, different strain…Viruses do not go away…ever…they are here to stay but it is how we treat and fight it that keeps them at bay….Wearing a mask is a simple people can do to protect themselves, their family and their friends. And please feel free to exercise your right to delete…Just giving MY opinion as a Healthcare professional who worked in direct patient care for almost 42 yearsHugs,DebHugs,Deb

6. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 1:37 pm

Also, I think I forgot to thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment!!Hugs,Deb

7. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 6:16 pm

You kinda sorta did. LOL

8. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 6:23 pm

I am not that young – my mom had polio as a child and she was a stickler about us kids getting our shots and boosters etc. I was the same with mine. She also suffered from Post Polio Syndrome till she took her own life. She lived in constant pain. I respect the benefits of a vaccine. I am not a anti-vaxer in the least. Thanks for liking my blog – I try not to vent too often anymore. But sometimes….I let it rip and almost always I get some nasty comments that I have to delete. Oh well.

9. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 6:26 pm

Oh My Sparky that must have been painful. If I should need some surgery, I would have to use my left arm and I sure won't look forward to that. You might have to give me some tips if and when I get surgery. I'm really praying that they can fix it without surgery – I like lying to myself.

10. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 6:32 pm

That's okay Debbie. You commented respectfully. I had a commenter that was downright rude and I deleted that comment. I'm confused – just last week Biden told everyone to get the vaccine and you won't have to wear a mask. Where the outrage on him saying that if it isn't true and we should wear a mask while vaccinated? I'm vaccinated and I do not wear a mask. I'm not out that often. I will if a store owner requires it – of course. I refuse to wear my mask outdoors in 111 degree heat or outdoors period. To me, that's just crazy. From all I have read it is not airborne – or is it? I don't wear a mask around my family that come to visit – I do believe it depends on where you live – here in Northern California people are sick of it and are refusing to cooperate. I do see many who are wearing masks and I assume they are unvaccinated. I'm just not that fearful of it.

11. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 6:32 pm

You are most welcome

12. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 8:53 pm

Debby, Having been a nurse, I listen to the healthcare professionals and not the politicians…The CDC was not happy with the rescinding of the mask mandate..Yes, It can be spread in the air when an infected person coughs, hence that is why we had the distancing of at least 6 feet.. As I said, no vaccine is 100% effective. I do not wear on outside with NO people around or inside with my family BUT I would strongly recommend wearing one in a crowded indoor place like a store, church, etc. because you have no idea who may be infected or not vaccinated. I still do not go to church in person because it is like a herd of cattle in there and no one is wearing a mask…I watch it online. And even though I was dying to get tickets for a few concerts, I held off because I knew there would be a surge after they rescinded the mask mandate… Our cases doubled today from yesterday here…I fear for the hospital systems….We can not over load them or that will be the end of our Country…Hugs,Deb

13. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 10:15 pm

I am so sorry about your mom…my teenage mother worked in polio hospital as an aide…she was the best ever…when I started teaching at an older age, I always felt for young teens…keep writing…

14. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 10:20 pm

I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe so I never liked crowds to begin with or hugging and shaking hands at church. I hope that never comes back. MY church meets outside spaced the recommended 6 + feet from the end of each family which is probably more than 6ft. I believe what I come up against and I admit I wrestle with it, is forcing people to be vaccinated. That is WRONG. My middle son, used to get high fevers and such when he would get his baby boosters and vaccines. The Pediatrician agreed t give them to him in half doses, 1 week apart and while he still had some reaction it was tolerable. Forcing people to get an injection, no matter what is cruel and wrong. He works in a private care facility and he is also the union rep and they are fighting against mandatory vaccines. I suspect he will let them fire him before he would cave in. Do I agree with him on how far he is willing to take it? I don't know. I'm concerned. But he has that right to make his own decision about his health. The government needs to stay the hell out of it.

15. Anonymous July 27, 2021 / 10:38 pm

I'm wearing a mask and got the vaccine. I am so dang tired of Covid. Oh well, I am sorry about the arm pain. My right leg aches all the time and I am so tired, and I mean tired of the pain.

16. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 12:54 am

Sometimes a good rant is cleansing and needed

17. Anonymous July 28, 2021 / 12:56 am

Sometimes a good rant is cleansing and needed

18. Anonymous July 29, 2021 / 6:06 pm

The dumb pain comes and goes.