Crazy morning

Today we had to hook up the tent trailer to take it to the canvas place – so they can uninstall the canvas tent, pack it up, and mail it to the manufacturer in Minnesota. It\’s hot and it just makes it seem even hotter when you just want to get out of the heat and cool off, but this had to be done. They were expecting it.

Finally, we are ready to go – and then we walk out the front door, and just as we start down the walkway he announces that he locked the keys in the house.

We started to laugh – too funny. So we went through to the backyard. There is a side window to the hall bathroom. Fortunately, the husband is trim enough to fit through but the last time he did this was 2 years ago when we got locked out, we were both in our pajamas! He was having all kinds of trouble trying to get in without hurting himself. The window is over the tub. 2 years ago, he placed a smaller ladder inside the tub, that just happened to be on the patio and then climbed onto that – this time, the smaller ladder is in the house. He would have either fallen face-first or as he went in feet first, he was scratching his backside. It was an accident waiting to happen.

I texted my daughter-in-law and my son, who was working. I know they have a key. But it is 10:45 am and Navy doesn\’t get off work till 4:30. It\’s supposed to be 108 today.

He sat down and we laughed – what else could we do?

Until all of a sudden, I remembered I had just put my house key on my new car FOB and I had that in my purse which I had on me.  Duh! Silly me.

Yea!!! We spent about 45 minutes fumbling around when I had a key all along. Well, he never asked. He just assumed since we were driving the van, I wouldn\’t have the car key.

Texted the kids – that we were in. They were relieved.

Soon they are not going to let us out of the house for our own safety.

Time for our nap!

12 thoughts on “Crazy morning

1. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 11:52 pm

we have a spare in the garage which can be opened by a code…of course in 108 heat I would probably forget the code!

2. Anonymous June 30, 2021 / 12:36 am

Too funny! We locked ourself out of the house once too, and my hubby climbed in a window. I'm glad you had the key.

3. Anonymous June 30, 2021 / 3:31 am

So glad everything worked out.Love,Janie

4. Anonymous June 30, 2021 / 12:45 pm

Kinda funny in hindsight, ain't it?! *lol* Not at the time. Glad it all worked out OK. Ever since we got locked out of our old home in Jacksonville, Florida, I keep a house key hidden out in the yard. Not gonna let that happen again! Also, we have dead bolts which means one must have a key to lock the house to start with. No more push button locks for me, thank you very much. That's just a mistake waiting to happen! *wink*Blessings. xx

5. Anonymous June 30, 2021 / 8:07 pm

While I do know it's not nice to laugh at a misfortune, Debby, the fact that you and your husband already did made it OK. This was a funny post and sure many of us have similarly forgot things that could have saved a lot of time and effort.

6. Anonymous June 30, 2021 / 9:28 pm

This took me back to when I was a child coming home early from school and having to jimmy open the bathroom window to be able to climb into the house. All my girls have house keys to this house but since i rarely leave the house it is rarely locked

7. Anonymous July 1, 2021 / 7:27 pm

Yeah that could be dicey.

8. Anonymous July 1, 2021 / 7:27 pm

yes but we do need to learn from it. A spare key hidden in the yard might do the trick

9. Anonymous July 1, 2021 / 7:28 pm

yeah that's what we plan to do –

10. Anonymous July 1, 2021 / 7:28 pm

forgetting things seems to be our new hobby lately.

11. Anonymous July 1, 2021 / 7:29 pm

I never was locked out – I've always been a bit OCD on getting locked out. 2 years ago and now, the other day. We need to hide a spare key in the yard