Friday is lose your Fob Day

Grrrrrr – My husband misplaced the key FOB for the car.  He answered his phone as he was on his way out and then walked around the house while talking and then realized he misplaced it. I gave him mine reluctantly because about 2 weeks before we bought the car, he misplaced (and we still haven\’t found them) his van keys. We bought replacement keys plus the house key. This FOB\’s a different animal. You just can\’t go out and replace it. Replacement costs are at least $100 up depending on the year and make of your car.

He left to do some errands and I walked into the kitchen and there it was, on the cutting board.

My husband is a high IQ dyslexic with ADD. This just goes with the territory. So it\’s not like I can get mad at him. He feels terrible about it. But it is frustrating for me. He is not in his rhythm yet  –  plus I don\’t think he is getting enough sleep. Oh well, I try and make suggestions about a longer nap but he makes work for himself that he feels he has to do. He doesn\’t. It\’s like the guy just doesn\’t know how to CHILL.

I have this to-do list message board and marker on the refrigerator. When we are out of something, When we are low or out of something, we add it to the board. This worked well back years ago when I had 3 teenage boys.  So I noticed he added kitchen trash bags to the board – I had just gone to the store this morning.  It was not on the board! Grrrrrrrrr. I do not plan to go out again until Monday or Tuesday. It\’s now on him. I\’m not going out.

It\’s hard enough for me to remember my own stuff, but I go through a checklist before he leaves for work or he will forget his head on his shoulders. He used to get mad at me for that year ago but now realizes I mean well. I\’m just coming alongside him and helping.

Not ours but this is what a new one looks like.

The tent on the trailer will cost $1149.31 and will take 18-20 weeks. Then another $360 to install. We\’ll drop off the old canvas tent on Monday and pay for the tent. We don\’t have to pay for the install until it\’s here.

Now we can start restoring it – replacing the old flooring, painting the cabinets, curtains, and cushions. It will be ready for Spring 2022!

This was back in 2015 at my veterinarian\’s office.

So the extreme heatwave is upon us and I am still not impressed. It is barely 100 right now – tomorrow supposedly will get to 115 and Sunday 117. So many people freaked out by the other heat prediction. Just hype. At least one or two times a summer we get up that high. Nothing new under the sun.

18 thoughts on “Friday is lose your Fob Day

1. Anonymous June 25, 2021 / 11:40 pm

I have to put everything in the same place or I lose it. When I leave home I pat all my pockets to confirm I have keys, wallet and glasses. I have a phone charger on every floor (3) and reading and TV glasses on every floor. If I know I need to remember something before I go anywhere, I put the car key fob in the refrigerator. When I can't find them I check the fridge and remember what I needed. Pitiful isn't it.

2. Anonymous June 25, 2021 / 11:52 pm

Glad you did locate the misplaced (not lost) fob and also glad it was inside your home. We have older cars and still I am sure a replacement key would not be cheap, not like the old days when you could just go to the local hardware store and have one cut to replace a lost one or just to have an extra. Yikes on those temps and we are due to get a few 90+ days in NH starting on Sun and going to early next week, then comes rain and wish i could send some your way.Thanks for the visit and comment on my blog too.

3. Anonymous June 25, 2021 / 11:55 pm

Hi again, Debby, forgot to ask if it would be OK with you if I included a link to your blog on my sidebar. It makes it easier for me to find and read posts as I have never done the follow by email. And, you might also get some new blog visitors πŸ™‚

4. Anonymous June 26, 2021 / 12:05 am

Glad you found the fob! I don't have a place to list things, but so often I go to the store, and then come home and am told he needs something, so I get what you are talking about.It's going to be fun to restore the camper! Take photos to share with us. πŸ™‚

5. Anonymous June 26, 2021 / 3:14 am

Chilling must be difficult for someone who has ADD. He probably feels as though he has to be in motion all the time. The restoration of your home-away-from-home will be exciting to follow.Love,Janie

6. Anonymous June 26, 2021 / 1:27 pm

Poor guy being so forgetful! That must be frustrating for you both. Perhaps a wrist band with the keys on it? Or a safety pin? You could pin it to his clothes with a retractable cord. It never leaves that spot but the house key, etc. would retract after use. I hope something can be worked out.It's cooled off here in SE Georgia. Our high's have not gotten out of the 70s. And we're getting regular rain. Yay! It's lovely. Wish we could share our weather with y'all. Don't know how long it will last (it is summer after all) but it's nice while it lasts.Stay safe.Blessings. xx

7. Anonymous June 26, 2021 / 3:19 pm

Well, thank goodness the key fob wasn't lost They do cost a lot to replace! I can understand your frustration with his forgetfulness. My husband is just the opposite to the point of being annoying with constant checking to make sure he doesn't misplace anything!

8. Anonymous June 26, 2021 / 5:17 pm

Sounds like something like a tile key tracker is needed for your husband's keys lol.

9. Anonymous June 26, 2021 / 11:31 pm

I lose stuff all the time and I drop stuff a bloody lot

10. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:01 am

Wow. I wouldn't say pitiful – how about convenient?

11. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:01 am

I wish you could send us some rain, too.

12. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:02 am

Sure go ahead, I'd be honored.

13. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:02 am

I know, I can't wait to get started but it has to get cooler.

14. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:03 am

I'm always telling him to CHILL and yes it is hard. That's why when he broke his foot last year it just about killed him – my God he actually had to relax.

15. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:04 am

His mind is going a mile a minute and that adds to his forgetfulness.

16. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:05 am

Yeah that can be annoying. My forgetfulness comes and goes. Or maybe I misplaced it.

17. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:05 am

EXACTLY! That's what he needs. Thanks

18. Anonymous June 29, 2021 / 12:05 am

I always drop ice cubes when getting them for my water. I drop more than I get into my glass.