This and That and FYI

Well, one-half of my mouth is clean! It wasn\’t bad at all – in fact, I enjoyed the dental hygenist and the conversation in the next room was also enjoyable.  Like always the part that hurt, was the part that is to keep you from feeling pain. The injection of novocaine. Dang, that hurt! I go back next week for the other half and then I am done!

THIS

The Cow Fire was caused by hot catalytic converter parts being ejected from the exhaust system of a passing vehicle. The fire is 761 acres and 50% contained according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. The Happy Valley Fire was stopped at 50 acres.

The weather apps have downgraded our upcoming heatwave to 115-118. That could happen. It happens for a few short days every summer. People forget – I don\’t. I usually write it down and take a photo to document it.
THAT
Our county did something right – for a change. They unanimously rejected the use permit for a controversial massive wind farm project planned for the Intermountain area. These wind turbines were in a fire-prone area – making it very difficult for fire planes to combat fires. There were a lot of environmental issues with this project plus it infringed on tribal lands.  It was one of the few times, that many groups that usually are at odds with each other, came together.  The unions were for it because it meant JOBS. The bottom line was the wind project\’s impact on the environment, the scenery, and the potential long-term harm it would do to the area\’s economy outweighed the benefits of this massive wind farm. The meeting which was opened to the public was packed and lasted 10 hours. We already have wind turbines – near there and half of them are broke down. Those were installed back in 2010. Of course, this Texas company will appeal.
FYI
We bought our car on Sat. June 5 and we are still at a full tank of gas! I am beside myself with joy. That was what we wanted – I can already see a huge difference in our budget. Regular Gas is up to $4.06 a gallon.

7 thoughts on “This and That and FYI

1. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 12:25 am

$4.06…OUCH!! My dentist is very good with the Novocain, if I close my eyes I don't feel much at all.

2. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 3:57 am

It seems congratulations are in order. Some things are going right for you. The difference in gas mileage is amazing with newer cars.Love,Janie

3. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 11:55 am

So glad the fires are under control. I know that had to be worrying.Praise God they won't be putting in any wind turbines, at least for now. They kill birds, you know, especially predatory birds. Plus they look dreadful, are prone to catastrophic failure and they cost taxpayers billions whilest enriching people who don't need it (just sayin'). South Texas is littered with the carcasses of hundreds of them. It's ruined that whole area, in my opinion.That's great about the fuel economy. Every little bit helps, right?! We just refinanced our new Nissan Frontier pickup with our Credit Union and were given $300 to do so. They just gave us our first truck payment! Win win. *lol*Blessings. xx

4. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 12:26 pm

Looks like good news all the way around! Except gas being $4.06 a gallon. Were at about &3.15 or so!

5. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 7:13 pm

Especially with the electric hybrids. Best cars on the market!

6. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 7:15 pm

I've been reading up about the wind turbines as well. What gets me is the Texas company says it will give electricity to 80,000 homes but don't ever say where those homes are at. What community gets the electricity? No one will say.

7. Anonymous June 24, 2021 / 11:15 pm

I avoid the denist as much as possible The price of fuel is a joke