Summertime

COW FIRE UPDATE: Cal Fire says the #Cowfire is at 761 acres with 50% containment. One firefighter injury so far and two structures have been destroyed.

This is what summers are like up here. Most of the fires will be put out – might take a few days. 30 minutes ago another fire was reported in Happy Valley. I don\’t know any details yet. It\’s far enough away for us not to worry about our personal safety but I know people who live there, and you just get concerned for your community.
Last year I think we got up to 115 – the year before that I remember snapping a photo – at 117 or 118. So I will live through it. I\’m just not going to stress out about it. I\’m much better at dealing with it as it happens. I\’m not even going to think about if my AC fails or they turn off the electricity – which they shouldn\’t because I don\’t have PGE but you never know. If it is ordered by the state then it could happen. Once again, I will just have to deal with it. If push comes to shove, and I lose my electricity, I will fill the bathtub up with cold water and sit in it.
This morning, the husband went to his jury duty. After about 2 hours, they sent him home. He\’s good for a year.
Tomorrow I go in for my periodontal cleaning. Next week for the other side of my mouth. Fun! I\’m hoping I will lose some of my stubborn covid-weight gain from last year. I did a lot of baking last year… I heard I may have a hard time eating for a couple of days. We\’ll see.

13 thoughts on “Summertime

1. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 11:45 pm

That is hot! We are in a cool stretch here – had a high of 68!Glad your hubby is done with jury duty!

2. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 3:03 am

OMG!! I can not imagine living with temps. like that… Unbelievable…I too have to lose the weight I gained after my knee replacement and during covid…Stay cool….somehow!!Stay safe, healthy and happy!!Hugs,Debbie

3. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 3:17 am

Lord have mercy I honestly didn't know CA got that hot. We've been fighting our own heat wave here but we're supposed to cool down this weekend with rain coming. I know it's summer and summer means hot but it's been excessively hot. I hope you all don't get to those high temps and if you do that your AC stays on.

4. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 5:20 am

I hope the cleaning goes well and you'll be comfortable afterwards. The fires are so frightening.Love,Janie

5. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 4:26 pm

Sure hope those fires stay well clear of y'all or any other habitation. Our area can have hurricanes or severe tropical storms. I quit stressing about losing electricity too when we got that all-house generator with a propane tank back up. God is good. I give Him the glory for all we have.Blessings. xx

6. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 6:02 pm

I am exempt from jury duty because of my age. It's stupid because I am not senile, do not have to take time off from work, and I don't need a babysitter. Oh right. We don't want to make it convenient for you. Yecch.

7. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 9:27 pm

I had knee replacement May 2019 and I actually lost a little weight. It was last year that I gained. I got depressed and eating was a comfort to me plus I baked.

8. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 9:28 pm

California is a big state with different climates throughout. But yes, it gets hot in certain areas like mine. I LONG for rain. A nice cool rain would sure hit the spot.

9. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 9:29 pm

The cleaning went well with no pain afterwards at all.

10. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 9:29 pm

The whole house generator is a good thing. WE bought a generator last year just to have one. The whole house is the way to go.

11. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 9:31 pm

That's crazy you are exempt when we have had sitting supreme court justices that were older than dirt. Just another thing that makes me go, \”hmmmm.\”

12. Anonymous June 23, 2021 / 10:31 pm

Yesterday my grandson Leo commented that even thou it is winter the days arer warm it only took 3 tries to write this