Cow Creek Fire – Fathers Day

Yesterday afternoon, around 3:30pm a fire broke out 11 miles east of where I live. It was fast and furious with temperatures of 109, and 3% relative humidity.  I spent the whole evening on FlightRadar watching the activity of the CalFire airplanes and helicopters delivering water while monitoring the scanner.  The fire was moving north and we are west of the fire.

As of this morning, it is at 600 acres and 25% contained. The temperatures have dropped down – today only supposed to be 99 degrees. Hotter temps are coming toward the end of the week.

No Fathers Day when you are a firefighter and crew. I heard on the scanner they were calling in firefighters – from all areas nearby and volunteer firefighters as well. God Bless them!
No structures burned – it is in what is called the Millville Plains. Mostly ranching and oak trees and a lot of grasses for fuel.
Still hearing these big guys flying over.

If you live in a fire-prone area, I highly recommend FlightRadar24 – Live tracking, and is especially valuable when you are keeping track of fire.

FATHERS DAY

I was thinking of my Dad yesterday – I loved this man. BEST DAD ever! He LOVED the outdoors and nature. I am a lot like him.

He loved fishing and hunting.

I found these antlers in the shed;

replaced the old mounting and hung it on my wall.

Mom would never let him display them.

I didn\’t want them to go to waste; after all that deer died for his meat

and those antlers.

11 thoughts on “Cow Creek Fire – Fathers Day

1. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 12:24 am

And you were just talking about fires last week. Hope it's out now.Your Dad was a good looking guy. He would love that you hung his antlers.

2. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 1:46 am

Oh no, sounds like the fire was close to you. I hope it is fully contained now. I appreciate the fire fighters so much. Yes, we get fires in this area too, but I'm so glad that the fire station is right down the road. Your Dad was a handsome guy, and I love this picture of him with the antlers. That's an awesome photo. You should frame it and put it in your home. ~Sheri

3. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 4:41 am

Feel so sad for that deer. And all for a set of antlers. I'm with your mom.

4. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 4:52 am

That fire is too close for comfort. I hope it doesn't end up heading in your direction.Love,Janie

5. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 12:10 pm

That FlightRadar24 is great! I discovered it awhile back and use it to watch the skies. Hadn't thought about using it for fire patrol. Good idea. Well done. I hope y'all are missed by all those fires.Great pic of your dad. I don't mind antlers in the house, I find bones and the like pretty, but draw the line at faces (and dolls too). Long and boring story. That's just me and my weird ways. Probably too many horror stories as a kid. *lol*I hope your day is blessed and safe. xx

6. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 8:16 pm

Mostly for the venison – the antlers were a bonus. Thank God he didn't do the whole head and antlers.

7. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 8:17 pm

I plan to frame it with a hunter-themed type frame. I love the photo as well. and YES, he was very handsome.

8. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 8:17 pm

No we're good as long as the wind doesn't come up

9. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 8:18 pm

Actually antlers, real and fake are being used in home decoration.

10. Anonymous June 22, 2021 / 11:56 pm

I forgot my comment, damn that, had a phone call and forgot