Just the daily doings

The Veterans Home found one of Pop\’s drawings and they want to frame it and display it there. Not bad for a 94-year-old! Of course, after they are done with it, it will come back to us. We miss him every single day but from what my son says, they miss him there at the home, as well.
The husband at this very moment is at a job interview for a part-time part-time job. He\’s bored, wants to spend money. With him retiring early before his pension was in full bloom, (he had a couple more years but he was pretty much forced out due to age and he had the boss from hell.) He\’s feeling the pinch. I don\’t – because I am frugal and simple. He is too (kinda-sorta) but he does enjoy spending money more than I do. I like to save.  He\’s hoping for less than 20 hours a week.
I will miss him but then again, I do like my time alone in the house. I\’ll actually get more done.
The Auto Insurance will go up to $76  more a month. I thought it would be more than that so I am pleased.  New cars cost a lot to insure. I don\’t think, that is bad. In a couple of months, I\’ll get some quotes just to be sure.
Finally had my hair trimmed today. I was looking a bit shaggy. I went to Costco and bought some meat and they still don\’t have the ground beef chubs like they used to. They have replaced them with grass-fed beef chubs and I don\’t care for grass-fed. It\’s too dry which gives it a tougher texture and it tastes gamey. I gave 8lbs of it away to Navy because I didn\’t like it. Just gimme that good old cholesterol-filled beef fat for my spaghetti sauce or meatloaf.  So instead I just bought from the butcher. I like the convenience of the frozen 1-lb chubs.
Other than all of the above, not much going on. Cooler temps for the next couple of days and I am LOVING it.
UPDATE: The husband just called and said he was HIRED. Details later.

12 thoughts on “Just the daily doings

1. Anonymous June 8, 2021 / 11:14 pm

Your FIL was very talented!Hooray for the new job!

2. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 12:12 am

Those bosses from Hell tend to show up as retirement time nears. Heh heh, their time will come!

3. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 11:44 am

Congrats on your new vehicle! I found the details very interesting. And I am with you about the beef. My husband works part-time in the Summer with my son. It gives him something to look forward to. I hope your hubby enjoys his new job. Lots of good things happening!💖

4. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 12:35 pm

Insurance is such a rip off. We are insurance poor, as the saying goes. Makes me wonder why we even bother 'cause I never need it and it costs way too much for any \”benefits\” we get from it. I wish the idea of it had never been invented.Glad your husband found something to do that actually gives him money instead of him spending it. I get that. *giggle* My husband is a great spender and I'm a tight-wad. At least we balance each other out.I've been letting my locks grow out a bit but I need a trim too.Oh, for the beef, have you tried soaking it in an apple vinegar mixture to add flavor and \”soften\” it? My husband does that. I could share a recipe he uses, if you'd like to try it. I'll have to go look it up. Just holler and I'll share. Blessings. xx

5. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 10:18 pm

Yes, their time will come.

6. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 10:19 pm

Thank you. Yes, good things are good! lol

7. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 10:20 pm

Yes, please share because I am always hearing how great grass fed beef is, and so far I am not a fan. Maybe the steaks are better than the ground beef.

8. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 10:20 pm

Yeah we were surprised. There is a lot of talent in those nursing homes.

9. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 10:59 pm

I need a hair cut, good on hubby getting hired, what is ground beef cubes never heard of that, we get diced beef

10. Anonymous June 9, 2021 / 11:06 pm

they are tubes of 1lb ground beef – Costco calls them chubs.