Boredom

The husband has been called for Jury Duty and so has Foodie. What about me? I\’m the only one of those 2, who actually wants to serve. After I go to the dentist this month for my periodontal cleanings, I will call them and see if I can serve on a jury. I am so jealous.

Hot day but not scorching like it was over the weekend. 102 today. I\’m not liking the hot temps, this year. Must be my age.

I called about replacing the tent part of our tent trailer. It will take 5 months! We\’re going to patch it and then by the end of summer, we\’ll send it in and wait out the 5 months over the winter. I\’m okay taking the trailer out if we camp on the coast where it is cool. I don\’t camp out if it is HOT. No thanks. (And to think we used to have a nice 34 ft motorhome with 2 AC units) It was just too big and a gas guzzler and we like to go where it\’s not crowded or cramped. It was fun when we had it.

My Pulmonist sent me a letter, asking if I would be interested in a Clinical Trial for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Vaccine. It is in Stage 3 – and it starts in July and August and lasts a year. It\’s a nationwide study under the FDA.  I sent the self-addressed envelope back and said I wanted more information. We\’ll see. I haven\’t done anything self-less in a long time. We\’ll see.

I\’m a bit bored. I need a new hobby. Or a new project.

7 thoughts on “Boredom

1. Anonymous June 4, 2021 / 12:04 am

5 months! Good idea to wait until winter.Why does jury duty always come to those who have a hard time doing it?

2. Anonymous June 4, 2021 / 11:31 am

Yeah, that is HOT! Yowza. Hope it cools off for y'all soon. It's finally raining in SE Georgia [happy dance] and it's cooled off. So much nicer.I'm with you on the motorhome. That's a much better way to camp and I once was a tent camper. 🙂 Things hurt too much to lay on the ground anymore. But, like you so rightly said, motorhomes are gas guzzlers.Good luck on the RSV Vacc. I hope it's something helpful and does no harm. Work on your genealogy? That's always a nice time waster. *lol* I can do that for hours myself.Blessings. xx

3. Anonymous June 4, 2021 / 4:26 pm

You can come clean my house. Bad joke I know. My dad loved jury duty. The week after he passed, he got a jury summons. We all hated that.

4. Anonymous June 4, 2021 / 9:37 pm

I don't know. I'm ready and willing.

5. Anonymous June 4, 2021 / 9:38 pm

I work on my genealogy all the time and wish I could finally break down a few stubborn walls in my family tree. That would keep me going for a while…

6. Anonymous June 4, 2021 / 10:35 pm

Never been called up for jury duty,wouldn't mind if I was.I do not like camping

7. Anonymous June 5, 2021 / 1:08 am

I have only served on a jury twice, both in my native NJ. We lived in VA for 12 years and now NH for nearly 6 years and would serve again, but it hasn’t happened That’s a long time for the tent repair and hope your temporary patch works out. Thanks, Debby, for the recent visit and comment on our blog, always appreciated.