We’re OPEN for Summer

So it looks like our nice cooler temps have gone – probably won\’t be seen again for months. Supposed to hit our first 100 this Sunday. Ugh!

Seems the older I get, the harder it is to be outside in the summer. I get out in the morning hours and then siesta in the afternoon. Just before sunset, is nice as well, except for the bugs.

My DIL gave me her Kohl\’s cash – 2 $10 Kohl\’s cash.  I ordered my husband some much-needed pants and a shirt and I ordered a casual summer dress for myself. I hope it works out since they don\’t let us use the dressing rooms, since the outbreak of Covid19. I can\’t tell you how many times I have taken a guess at something, brought it home, tried it on, and decided I didn\’t like it only to go back to the store, stand in line and return it. I\’m so sick of it. Although I never really liked trying things on, so I don\’t know why I am being so snarky about it all. You know, it\’s like when you withhold something, you want it even more. I want the dressing rooms to OPEN!

Speaking of \”Open\”… things around here are opening up big time. With the exception of a few people who continue to wear their masks (even outside) no one is wearing them. I do when a store says it is their policy simply because I want them to stay open but California is opening up everything come June 15.

I don\’t want to be a \”Debbie-downer\” but I get this awful feeling that we will get another outbreak this Fall. I hope I am wrong.

This weekend we plan to go to the Strawberry Festival – I haven\’t been to a fair or festival in a long time and that is cheap entertainment! There are a lot of events that are planned throughout the summer. My town even had a block party downtown on Friday night. From what I could see on the news, some wore masks and others did not. It wasn\’t packed like you see in big cities. But it sure looked fun. They had live music and the food trucks were there.

Last year at this time, was terrible. I was so depressed.

What is your area like? I haven\’t been following it like I used to, so I have no idea if other states are open or not.

Already this day has gone by super fast – Hope you enjoyed yours.

13 thoughts on “We’re OPEN for Summer

1. Anonymous May 24, 2021 / 11:44 pm

Supposedly things are opening here too. I haven't been out to see but I'm looking forward to it!

2. Anonymous May 25, 2021 / 4:34 am

Sorry it's so hot in your neck of the woods. It'll be getting hot where we live starting this weekend. Ninety degrees. Yuck. Do your nights cool off at least? We get down to 50-60 at night so at least we have the nights to look forward to. We tell ourselves it could be worse, we could live in Vegas where it never cools off for months on end. Could be you're seeing people wearing masks outside cause they're helping with allergies. I know my husband's allergies have been practically non-existent this year because of the masks. He's liking that. Have a good one!

3. Anonymous May 25, 2021 / 3:50 pm

Yum, strawberries. They're on our keto diet. I love 'em. There's a place just north of us that grows them by the acres and one can go pick them and pay by the bushel. I don't have the health for that anymore but it sure sounds like a good idea.So sorry y'all are living under such tyranny. Bet Idaho is looking better and better? *giggle* Georgia only shut down for a few weeks, then Gov. Kemp (Rep) said \”Enough of that nonsense!\” We've been out and about, going to church, shopping, traveling, going to reunions, etc. unfettered and unmolested. If a Big Business hangs a put on a mask sign up front, it's ignored. Folks are still gonna still get sick and die no matter what the Government says or does. This was all about killing small business, but you know that. So many of our friends have had \”it\” and they're all still above ground. I've had it too. No biggy.Blessings. xx

4. Anonymous May 25, 2021 / 5:59 pm

I would go to more festivals. But my family who are not that mobile want to go too. Pushing wheelchairs in a crowded fair is meh. So I usually just keep my mouth shut. lol Besides, I am not much of knick knack shopper any more. I got to get rid of the avalanche of knick knacks in my home now. I knew a woman who did estate sales. Her eyes spoke louder than her comment about knick knacks. She called them dust collectors.

5. Anonymous May 25, 2021 / 8:54 pm

That would be nice – 50 to 60 degrees at night. Sounds like the bay area where I was raised and used to live. Nope we don't cool down that much in the night.

6. Anonymous May 25, 2021 / 8:56 pm

I didn't let it bother me too much. I guess I got used to it or maybe I got complacent.

7. Anonymous May 25, 2021 / 8:58 pm

That would be rough – I don't usually buy anything. I do like to look at the crafts – and of course their is always entertainment and food.

8. Anonymous May 26, 2021 / 3:48 pm

Oh, you should go to the strawberry festival. They used to have one every year where i used to live, and always wanted to go. It's still cool in the mornings and evenings here in the mountains, and I'm wondering how warm it will get here in the Summers. I love shopping at Kohls, and it's been a long time. That was great that you got some Kohl's cash. I used to love getting those. : )~Sheri

9. Anonymous May 26, 2021 / 9:24 pm

We are going to cool down from our near 90 degree temperatures here in New York State and you are going to inherit our heat. I have my own frustrations with Kohl's and not being able to try stuff on. I have a pair of shorts right now that I got curbside pickup (why go into the store if I can't try it on?) that I have to return. I bought two pair of the same shorts,from the same page on the website, just different colors – why does one fit fine and one is too tight? Quality control? Who knows? Festivals are just starting up here and there is no way I would go to one right now. Our local strawberry festival was cancelled earlier (it would have been in mid-June). I also share your concerns about the fall. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

10. Anonymous June 3, 2021 / 4:29 pm

I have a cousin in Melbourne Australia and she said last Saturday that they are in lockdown again with the Indian variant. They are headed into their winter and I think it is a preview of what we might see here in the fall.

11. Anonymous June 3, 2021 / 9:57 pm

I just heard that on the car radio today.

12. Anonymous June 3, 2021 / 9:58 pm

I didn't go because I had to stay home with the dog, because she was doped up due to her spider bite. Next year!

13. Anonymous June 3, 2021 / 10:00 pm

I can't tell you how many clothing items I have bought that don't fit properly because I couldn't try them on – irritating.