This and that

Nothing much going on this week other than we are cat-sitting our grand cat,

Mr. Ed.

Navy and his wife have taken a few days off to drive up to the Oregon Coast.

These are some of my photos from a couple of years ago on our anniversary.

The spectacular coastline that gets no fanfare – Oregonians probably like it that way.

On his side of town, gasoline was $3.53 a gallon so we took advantage of it. Just a little hole in the wall station. On my side of town, it\’s at $4.06 a gallon.

I went to the store and to get just a few things and they were out of many items I normally purchase. I don\’t know why. Maybe it has to do with their supplies are depleted due to the weekend. It makes me feel a little uneasy when I see, bare shelves.

Tomorrow I go and get my toes looked at – They seem to be doing well so I am hopeful I can stop wearing bandages on my big toes.

The husband is now in the shedding stage on his poison oak rash. No more new blisters – no more itching. He looks like he has dandruff on 3/4 of his body.

The weather seems to be cooling down for this week. I\’ll take it and cherish it. Mid 70\’s/low 80\’s.

This used to be the lake.

Our county has strongly suggested we cut back on our water. Lake Shasta is awfully low. I don\’t like to swim or even visit when it gets low – looks ugly. It\’s also dangerous for boaters. It always gets to me, when my county recommends water conservation. I lived in the bay area – we were always conserving and on water rationing. I potty trained 3 little boys during droughts and water rationing.

If it\’s pee, let it be.

When guests would come over, I had to run back to the bathroom to make sure it was flushed.

Fortunately, we have gotten rid of most of our lawns. We still have a little for the dog. They want us to cut down to every 3 days and if we don\’t, they will do mandatory water rationing. That doesn\’t faze me – been there, done that. The young people gripe about it – it\’s new to them, just as it was new to me when I was a young Mom.

That\’s all I have for today.

7 thoughts on “This and that

1. Anonymous May 18, 2021 / 12:16 am

I've never been to the west coast. Those photos are just gorgeous. Hope Navy is having fun out there.Sorry about the water shortage there. We are having just a little of that here too.

2. Anonymous May 18, 2021 / 4:45 pm

Wonderful photos. The ocean always makes a good subject to photograph, doesn't it.I pray y'all get some rain soon. That has to be terribly troubling. California really needs to get into desalinization plants like in Israel. You've got all that lovely ocean water right there …The highest our gasoline has been lately is $2.79 for regular. And the \”shortage\” was only for a day or two. Some locals panicked over nothing. Again. *wink*Blessings. xx

3. Anonymous May 18, 2021 / 9:26 pm

San Diego has a desalination plant – Claude “Bud” Lewis Carlsbad Desalination Plant, the largest effort to turn saltwater into freshwater in North America. A second plant, similar to Carlsbad, is being built in Huntington, California, with the same 50-million-gallon-a-day capability. Currently there are 11 desalination plants in California, and 10 more are proposed.There are many opponents to it. IT takes 3 times as much electricity to convert the water. Plus there are environmental concerns. There is always going to be something – I say do it. California has always been a drought-stricken state from as long as I remember. We go back and forth and always will. Its time to do something about it.

4. Anonymous May 18, 2021 / 9:27 pm

Summer is our dry time to begin with. WE don't get the summer rains like the rest of the country does.

5. Anonymous May 19, 2021 / 11:49 pm

Oregon is lovely and they don't have to worry about spring breakers.

6. Anonymous May 20, 2021 / 5:00 pm

Not on the scale as Florida. Even we here get \”spring breakers\” that flock to Lake Shasta or the Sacramento River and guess where they are from? Oregon! lol