Ending the Madness

As I went into the weekend, I knew that my deep cleaning was iffy at best. I decided I would end the madness and just thank the dental college student and that I will find a new dentist and go from there. The straw the broke the camel\’s back was when last night, my Podiatrist\’s office called to reschedule my toe procedure. It will be in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, I have been taking antibiotics which messes with my stomach. I\’m off that now which is fine by me.  The Dental College was counting on me and the antibiotics I was taking for my toe, to cover me for the first half of my mouth – the 2nd half was going to be dicy. I knew I had to end this.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted away.  Okay so now I have to shell out some cash – but I don\’t want to lose my teeth. My appointment is on May 12. I figured in insurance if I should purchase private dental insurance and decided we will do without the insurance. $150 a month for 2 people for the basics and they only cover 50%. I\’ll put $150 a month in an account instead.

The FENCE

The husband has put in a regular workday, working on the fence. He took down the old fence and is cementing in the major posts. Without killing himself, I told him to just do what he can do every day. I go out now and then to hold a post. Meanwhile, we have this huge open gap – that leads to the street. I like my privacy and I am sure they do too – It will be much better when it is done.

Mark the Neighbor

When my parents lived here,  my dad did not get along with Mark – that he was a \”lazy smart-ass.\” His wife is a sweetie but the relationship with him and my husband has strained ours. No biggie. When I said he is a good neighbor, I mean, you never know what kind of neighbor you will get –  if they should sell and move. At least we know he\’s a lazy cheap jerk. Other than that, they are quiet, no loud parties, they keep their place up nice. Just don\’t want to share a fence with them.

At least he is not like my old neighbor, Dick. If anyone remembers him…

7 thoughts on “Ending the Madness

1. Anonymous April 27, 2021 / 3:24 am

Only cover 50% and probably is a cap. For me it was $1000 per person. I self insured as well and am on the plus side.The best neighbors are the ones that you can wave to and say hello. I don't eed good friends living that close.

2. Anonymous April 27, 2021 / 4:39 am

I like coffee in the mornings and green tea in the afternoons. Following your posts. Ya, neighbours can make or break you. Thankfully I have great neighbours (they even took us out for our wedding anniversary) and the kid and dog comes over to my place for play date! Hope your appointments go well

3. Anonymous April 27, 2021 / 4:50 pm

It is nice when you have good neighbors.

4. Anonymous April 27, 2021 / 6:48 pm

Awhile back, I had some toe work done (toe nail smashed into the quick). Doc did it immediately. I'm glad I didn't have to wait. It was an \”owey\” for sure. *lol*Can't wait to see a pic of the new fence. Bet it will look really nice.Neighbors … I'm glad we don't really have any, living way out in the country the way we do. Most of the ones we had in Jacksonville, Florida were nice. We were friends with all of them except one, and everyone just ignored him. He was a lazy smart-aleck too. Also, thought he was a drummer and would play LATE at night. Funny how his power got shut off and all … *laughing manically* He moved.Blessings. xx

5. Anonymous April 27, 2021 / 11:33 pm

When my boys were young we lived in a nice neighborhood where everybody knew everybody and was friendly. That was nice. I guess it was a fluke…since living here (13 years now) everyone pretty much keeps to themselves. They drive in their garage and that's it – you hardly ever see them.

6. Anonymous April 27, 2021 / 11:56 pm

I have a mixture of neighbours, good, so so & horrible