MY turn tomorrow

The husband just got back from his 2nd dose. I go tomorrow. So far, nothing. I\’ve heard so many stories about the dreaded 2nd dose. I\’m not frightened but I am aware and feel as if I am \”on hold\” until I get through whatever it is, I need to get through.
He always says he has received so many vaccinations from spending 20 years in the military that he probably won\’t feel a thing. Last time his arm was sore and that was it. My arm was sore, but the next day I did have what felt like mild morning sickness. Just enough nausea to make you go, \”yuck.\” and a dull one-sided headache. I was sleepy, too. It lasted about 8 hours.
When we get cleared – we both want to go back to the Veterans Home to volunteer. Me just once a week, but he wants to really put in some time. That\’s good for me – I\’ll have my house back for me during the daytime.
Sure can\’t complain about the weather – it\’s sunny and mild. My hill is blooming California poppies.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

14 thoughts on “MY turn tomorrow

1. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 10:09 pm

The three others in my family had no problem with the second dose. I did. I went outside and worked in the yard the day I had the shot and I have wondered if that caused the problem. I also did not take a tylenol. It wasn't that bad; but it wasn't that great either. It was much better than getting the disease. I wish you and hubs the best.

2. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 10:10 pm

Best of luck with the second dose. I hope neither of you have too many bad side effects. My husband goes for his first tomorrow and I go on Thursday, not looking forward to it but it's something we have to do.

3. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 11:50 pm

I am so jealous of those poppies! I love them, but they don't grow well here.

4. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 1:10 am

It seems women tend to have the worst of the symptoms due apparently to a stronger immune system. Hope your reaction will be nothing or just mild. I was fatigued but not much more.

5. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 2:34 am

Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for no side effects for you.Love,Janie

6. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 3:53 pm

You may have to still wear masks to volunteer, as you can still carry the virus to someone else without getting it yourself. You can still actually get the virus yourselves, to be honest, but the chances are you won't… and if you do, being vaccinated means you won't die from the virus or even end up in ICU on a vent. Those are the benefits worthy of getting the vaccine right there, if you ask me. πŸ™‚ ~Andrea xoxo

7. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 10:27 pm

I don't have any concern about getting vaccinated unlike some I know

8. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 11:25 pm

You both will be fine. It's better than the actually illness.

9. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 11:27 pm

They are beautiful – on the sides of the roads everywhere. They are hard to plant. It's like they have a mind of their own – they spread in the wind where they want to grow.

10. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 11:28 pm

It's still better than the actual illness. I can take it.

11. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 11:28 pm

You are right – we probably will still have to wear a mask to volunteer.

12. Anonymous April 7, 2021 / 11:29 pm

Yeah I don't either. My concerns are mostly all the scare stories I sometimes read about. It's counterproductive.