The Day After – Easter / Resurrection Day

Yesterday was such a beautiful day – We attended a sunrise service outside then afterward had breakfast provided by the church.
We had the kids over – nice day to be outside, so we grilled instead of the traditional.
Like always had a great time, listening to them as they talked about Sports and some politics. Char still has that sciatic pain so intermittently she would walk around or do her stretches. Laydee loves having them over. Susie even let Navy kiss her tummy when she rolled on her back. That\’s trust!
I was so tired afterward, I slept like a baby.
Tomorrow, the husband goes to the VA for his 2nd dose of Moderna and I go on the 7th for mine.
Talked for an hour with my sister-in-law in Alabama. She wants us to come back while my brother still remembers me. That takes a lot of planning since we are now on a fixed income – no extra money coming in and while we have saved up quite a bit of cash for a new car that we do not want to finance, I\’d rather not use that money, instead just cutting out things to pay for it upfront. I don\’t like to use credit if I can help it. This time, we would have to get a hotel and a car since they took away his driver\’s license and my sister-in-law is sleeping in the guest room with a lock on the door. When he goes off – he has threatened her. Honestly, this is NOT my dear sweet brother. Then he doesn\’t remember it and wonders why his wife, is sleeping in the other room. It\’s this kind of drama, I don\’t want to be around. I just am not comfortable with it.
But it would be good to see my newest Grand Nephew who is 4 mos old now plus I\’ll have another little nephew (due in Sept) from another niece.
We\’ll see…

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

6 thoughts on “The Day After – Easter / Resurrection Day

1. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 1:25 am

So glad you had a nice Easter, Debby. And I'm sorry to hear about your brother. That must be so hard for you knowing that he's not the brother you used to know. Your grand nephew is so cute.~Sheri

2. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 2:30 am

Getting old is not easy, when the mind is not right it is awful for everyone.

3. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 2:31 am

Dementia is a rough reality.I'm glad you had a good Easter. We did not go to church but our shared meal turned out well. It was a lot of work to pull it off but I could tell everyone enjoyed themselves. It was worth it and next year maybe I can plan a bit to pull it off better with less work for me. Anyway, I slept well which is an accomplishment for me. I sleep maybe 5 hours a night.

4. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 4:39 am

I'm with you, I hate drama and avoid it as much as I can. Just remember, like you said this is not your dear, sweet brother, this is the dementia making him act like this. It's not his fault at all. Dementia is so cruel. You should go if you can swing it. This way you have no regrets. He might be his old self while you're there, who knows, and you might end up having a good time. Just my two cents πŸ˜‰

5. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 7:19 pm

Seeing your little grand nephew and his young smiling mommy brings back so many memories of myself, with any one of my three when they were babies…. many lightyears ago. πŸ™‚ I miss those days and would love to live them again, just one more time. ~Andrea xoxo

6. Anonymous April 6, 2021 / 10:45 pm

Dealing with a loved one who has dementia is so hard.