My New Years Eve

I could care less about new years eve. We pretty much treat it like any other evening – same with New Years Day. As far back as I can remember, I disliked New Years Day. As a child, I honestly didn\’t see what the big deal of it was and the only time I enjoyed it, was when I was in my late teens and early 20\’s. Soon after I started having babies and that was that! It is just a waste of a good 24 hours, as far as I am concerned.
I am not a \”holiday\” or \”special day\” kinda gal. I like regular days the best. You never know what can happen to that day to make it really special. On holidays and special days, you are anticipating something great and are mostly disappointed. I figure if I don\’t anticipate anything on these days, I have nothing to be disappointed about. Just treat it like a regular day and let it all happen spontaneously!  I can remember some spontaneous New Year eves in my past – friends dropping by – neighbors out in front. I like that, but it has to happen naturally.
Tonight we\’ll probably be in bed before 10pm; like every night. At around 9:15 pm every night, Laydee and Susie get into position – for when we lay down the remote and get off the sofa, they both race down the hallway to the bedroom. When we don\’t do as we were trained, we sometimes have hell to pay. Susie will get up on a shelf and knock down some items – Laydee will growl and make funny noises to get our attention. We can\’t throw off their fragile routine by staying up till after midnight!
As for 2020 – it will soon be over. Yea! 2021 – the great unknown. At least it is a new slate and I love new beginnings.
I don\’t make resolutions – we might sit down later in the month, and make some goals – but they are usually things like when to take a vacation, or what to plant in the back yard. No biggie.
I hope you all do whatever it is, you want to do on this New Year\’s Eve – stay safe and don\’t drink and drive.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

11 thoughts on “My New Years Eve

1. Anonymous January 1, 2021 / 9:48 pm

Oh, I figured it out how to comment, yea! I'm like y'all, don't celebrateon New Years Eve although did stay up late due to the fireworks inthe neighborhood. 🙂

2. Anonymous January 1, 2021 / 10:17 pm

Damn you sound like me NYE is just another night for me Christmas Day is special but other days are just days oh aand I like my birthday but it isn't that big a deal .I hope 2021 is a good year for you and yours

3. Anonymous January 2, 2021 / 1:08 am

I was sound asleep by around half past 10. I no longer stay up to see in the New Year. God bless.

4. Anonymous January 2, 2021 / 2:35 am

We did the New Year's meal with a few variations. We ate slaw with our black eyed peas. Cabbage is a green. I cooked hog jowls for the last time. I did not cook many which is good. No one really cared to eat them except for the dogs who I told everyone to not feed. We don't need anyone at the vet with pancreatis tomorrow.I wish you the best this New Year.

5. Anonymous January 3, 2021 / 4:15 am

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed 2021. I, too, think every day is special and we should get the best out of just like we do out of holidays. xo Diana

6. Anonymous January 11, 2021 / 10:28 pm

Hi Sally. Glad you figured out how to post. It got loud here, too.

7. Anonymous January 11, 2021 / 10:30 pm

Well we're 11 days into 2021 and so far I am unimpressed.

8. Anonymous January 11, 2021 / 10:30 pm

Yep, been there – done that.

9. Anonymous January 11, 2021 / 10:30 pm

Happy New Year Ann.

10. Anonymous January 15, 2021 / 12:03 pm

Estou feliz pois diante de Jesus todos os dias posso refletir sobre a comunhão com Jesus Cristo redentor venha sobre todos o arrependimento de nossos pecados k são tantos misericórdia e piedade de todos nós senhor e pai de nosso senhor Jesus Cristo redentor venha sobre a cura dos corações ��