My new upcoming adventure for 2021

Nina passed away on Nov 18 and then my father-in-law\’s stroke and then his death, we piled the mail up. No bills because I pay them online at the first of the month, just cards and mostly junk. In the pile, I found the results of my chest x-ray I had taken on Oct 29.
FINDINGS:

PA and lateral views of the chest demonstrate a normal cardiac silhouette. (That\’s a good thing)  Pulmonary vascularity is within normal limits. (blood vessels – normal)
There are mildly increased interstitial markings of the lungs which are probably chronic. (This is what has to be checked out)
Do not see any local infiltrates. No effusions. The visualized bony structures are unremarkable. (No pneumonia or fluid in my lungs – even though I feel congestion. Nothing appearing in the bony parts supporting the lungs – that\’s a good thing)
IMPRESSION:
Suspect chronic interstitial changes in the lungs – I do not see any acute disease in the chest. ( Okay so I do have something that is going to be Chronic but I do not have any pneumonia or small blood vessels etc. and that is a good thing)
All in all, as I dissected this report – it basically told me what I kinda already knew – I\’m feeling great, physically. I get tired if I do too much and have to take a sit – but I\’m good to go, once I sit for a few. Okay, so I never had to do that before. It will get checked out. My coughing has improved. There are times, I have those coughing attacks – after laughing or talking too much. The omeprazole I take for my GERD has really helped. WARNING: If you have gastroesophageal reflux, get treated. The acid you swallow, even though you may not be aware, can cause reservable lung scarring. I went off that medication a few years back, because a friend who is a herb-and-essential-oils-kinda-gal, scared me and I went off. I shouldn\’t have done that.
I go in for a breathing test in January and then I will start my new adventure – I really believe it will all be okay – it just needs to be checked out. I don\’t think I am dying anytime soon. So maybe, I\’ll have to be checked out in a year or two to see how it is progressing. That\’s not so bad. At least whatever it is, it is MILD.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

12 thoughts on “My new upcoming adventure for 2021

1. Anonymous December 24, 2020 / 2:30 pm

I've been taking omeprezole for years and have read all the reasons not to. But without it I am miserable. I'll stick with it.

2. Anonymous December 24, 2020 / 3:23 pm

I have been away from reading blogs so just catching up with you. My condolences on Pops death. It brought to mind my father's death in the Island nursing home. So hard to experience even though we know they are in a better place now. But, life goes on doesn't it and after awhile we begin to live again in the here and now. I so happy for you that your fears for your own health have been down graded to mild! Surely 2021 will be better for us all! Take good care! 💖

3. Anonymous December 24, 2020 / 8:47 pm

Good luck finding out what is going on. John has similar issues and they have been trying to figure them out for over a year now. I pray they can figure your issues out quickly. I am sorry for all the grief in your life this past year. Merry Christmas, my friend. xo Diana

4. Anonymous December 24, 2020 / 10:21 pm

You have been through a lot, I hope you can put away a little of your sadness and have a Happy Holiday.

5. Anonymous December 25, 2020 / 12:44 am

I'm glad you got good news about your lungs. Health issues are not pleasant. This has been a rough month for you in that you have lost two loved ones. You certainly have my condolences. I hope what is left of the holiday season is Merry for you and yours. Take care.

6. Anonymous December 26, 2020 / 1:39 pm

I went off omeprazole one time too. It came back after a few months with a vengeance, then I had to take two omeprazole instead of one to do the job. Then, even with taking two, my stomach still burned and I couldn't eat much. I was given something to take for 6 or 8 weeks that got me fixed. Now I take my one-daily omeprazole as soon as I get up! Seems like half the people I talk to are taking it.

7. Anonymous December 31, 2020 / 10:43 pm

Thanks Susan. Life has to go on –

8. Anonymous December 31, 2020 / 10:44 pm

I'm optimistic about it. We'll soon, see.

9. Anonymous December 31, 2020 / 10:45 pm

Thank You. My holidays were fine and I am happy they are almost done with. I like regular non-eventful days much better.

10. Anonymous December 31, 2020 / 10:46 pm

Happy New Year Ann. May we all enjoy the upcoming new year with good health and mental clarity.

11. Anonymous December 31, 2020 / 10:47 pm

Yep, mine came back hard too but still only taking the one a day. I'm not going off it anytime soon, that's for sure.