Pops is rapidly declining

My husband finally agreed to Comfort Care. He was in some deep denial there in the beginning His dad is rapidly declining. He has Dysphagia – he is having a hard time swallowing. The Doctor told us, if they put in a feeding tube, he would have to go back to the hospital and get that procedure done – it would be painful, there is the risk of infection and he still could get food and liquid into his lungs causing a form of pneumonia. My husband is afraid they are letting his dad, starve to death – or die of thirst. They are not. The stroke was more damaging than first suspected and he could have a week, or a month – no one knows. He\’s lost 15 lbs in one week.
So they got us in there Thursday afternoon – for the first time. We go twice a day.
When you have an elderly parent, you know that one day they will pass. But when they show signs of wellness, you almost forget, or you ignore the inevitable because you are enjoying the moments you have today. Then one day, it\’s all gone. It hits you like a ton of bricks and you\’re actually shocked – even though, you knew it was coming. Denial is powerful.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

7 thoughts on “Pops is rapidly declining

1. Anonymous December 12, 2020 / 11:36 pm

It is always a shock no matter how prepared you are mentally. My great aunt broke her hip. She was very underweight and unfortunately after the surgery, she waved away her food which is a bad choice. To recover, you have to eat. This led to a feeding tube and a respirator. The doctor asked my cousin about removing the respirator and my cousin had a meltdown which is understandable. This led to my aunt being moved to a nursing home with a respirator. About a month later, my cousin made the decision to have the respirator removed. It was heartbreaking in that my aunt's mind was fully there. The doctor even approached me and my mom when we were visiting the day after the meltdown of my cousin. You could tell the doctor was very concerned about my aunt. I'm so sorry about Pops.

2. Anonymous December 13, 2020 / 1:18 am

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm glad you have not agreed to a feeding tube. I see people with dysphagia who often have stomach discomfort associated with the constant feeding running through a tube. Still a hard decision to make.

3. Anonymous December 13, 2020 / 7:14 pm

My heart goes out to you, your hubby, and Pops.

4. Anonymous December 13, 2020 / 10:34 pm

The think the thought of losing a parent is hard and heartbreaking

5. Anonymous December 14, 2020 / 6:01 pm

So sorry you are going through this. I would say that this time of year is especially hard, but it is hard, no matter when. I will add you to my prayers.

6. Anonymous December 16, 2020 / 6:03 am

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEWGet $5,500 USD every day, for six months!See how it worksDo you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??Make up you mind before applying, straight deal…Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact usvia email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATMmachines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, atstores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interestedbuyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATMand up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of cardyou order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hackservices, we are here for you anytime any day.Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USDCards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USDCards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USDCards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USDCards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USDmake up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us viaemail address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}Whatsapp:::::+31687835881®