I\’m sure we\’re not the only ones – but there are times in your life when everything seems to happen all at once. This must be our time. 
Yesterday we got a call from the Veterans Home that Pops, had a stroke and was being rushed by ambulance to the ER. He is 94. So we rush over to the hospital without thinking about the Covid19 situation. There are white tents outside the ER and they wouldn\’t let us in – so we sat in the parking lot and then one of the nurses came out and told us, it would be another 2 hours – to just go home and they would call us. 
We returned home and about 30 minutes later the Doctor called to confirm, that he indeed had a stroke and they wanted permission to give him the thrombolytic therapy to dissolve the clot but at his age and he is diabetic, there are irreversible risks. My husband gave them permission. They said only my husband would be allowed to be there so he left once again to the hospital. He was able to answer any questions and help him get settled in his room when one came available. He got home last night around 9pm! 
The verdict is- They ended up not giving him the Thrombolic therapy at first because he showed signs of improving on his own and continues to improve as of today. But he will need physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. He is in good spirits, just very tired. His speech is impaired and his left side is impaired. He also never lost consciousness. the Veterans Home acted FAST! We are so thankful. 
That man is amazing. My husband saw him for the first time in the flesh, since March. He\’s such a fighter. We had just talked with him video chat the day before and he looked good – sounded good. You just never know. Funny though, on Monday, Navy,  (who works there) texted my husband and said we should be receiving a phone call any minute. Sure enough, he got a call from the Veterans home saying that Pops and another man got into a heated argument over the TV – they both took swings at each other – none of them landed. 
Then there is THIS – I got another Facebook message from one of Nina\’s friends who just found out. He lives in Texas. Of course, I read it just before going to bed and couldn\’t sleep for beans. I feel so bad for her young friends as they slowly but surely are starting to find out. I find myself comforting them – but it\’s hard. This young man told me he disliked the father of her kids – and lost contact with her and then saw that her page was memorialized. He was mad and confused. 
I\’m doing better – day by day. I decided going over to her Facebook page and re-reading all her posts was not helping me – looking through her photos, and watching her videos – hearing her voice. Just torture. So I will leave all of that for a while until I feel stronger. And that\’s okay. 

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

5 thoughts on “Yesterday

  1. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 1:09 am

    I'm sorry – it's a lot. So glad your FIL is doing better. I'm having similar issues – death of a friend, new RA diagnosis, 90 year old Dad with Covid and now our daughter is in the hospital with high BP awaiting the birth of our granddaughter – due in 7 weeks. So thankful that we can trust that God is watching over us.


  2. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 3:15 pm

    Sending you much love and hugs.


  3. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 6:48 pm

    Wow, that is a lot. Yes it does help to know that He is in control and to just trust.


  4. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 6:48 pm

    I'll gladly accept! Hugs back to you!


  5. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 1:19 am

    Sending hugs and good vibes your way


Comments are closed.