Here we go again – new lockdown starts at midnight.

Under Gavin\’s guidelines, (OR as he is calling it, the final purgewe\’ve heard this before) restaurants will only be allowed to serve takeout orders, retail will operate at 20 percent capacity and non-essential travel is prohibited. Several businesses would immediately be closed, including hair salons, barbershops, museums, zoos, bars and wineries, movie theaters, sporting events, and playgrounds. Indoor worship in churches would also be prohibited.

Our church holds outdoor services on the lawn and on live-streaming. The husband attends the outdoor service – I stay warm at home watching it on you-tube.

Honestly, I don\’t believe no one knows what the hell they are doing. That includes the CDC, WHO, Public Health Departments, and various handpicked prestigious science journals. NO ONE KNOWS and if they would just admit that they don\’t know, maybe people would take it all more seriously. So far, everything they have done hasn\’t worked. They\’ve made stupid guidelines for some and others they turn a blind eye. Like in the summer, California breweries were closed yet wineries stayed open. Can you tell me the difference? First, we were told not to wear masks – then we were told to wear masks. You can\’t go to church but you sure can stand in line at Home Depot. Come on now – after a while, it just doesn\’t pass the smell test and if we as individual free thinkers would just stop listening to the cable news pundits and think for ourselves, we could see.
I wear my mask – I stay home. The few times I do go out, I social distance. I\’m not a dummy. I don\’t want this virus if I can help it. Bottomline and I am really starting to lean this way. We\’re all going to get it. Some of us will survive and some of us won\’t. It\’s a sneaky virus; even my son who wears PPE at his work got it.
The Vaccine
I am not an anti-vaxer. I am a careful, try-to-be-informed-pro-vaxer.  I need to do my own research. Most likely I will take a wait-and-see approach. I\’ll no doubt take it eventually I just don\’t know when \”eventually\” is. I think I am more into the proper therapeutics rather than a vaccine. What about you? It does make me think, one of two things:
If it usually takes years and years for a vaccine to get through –
is that because of needless, bureaucratic red tape?
or
Is that the time frame it REALLY takes for these vaccines to be safe?

I suspect it is somewhere in the middle.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

17 thoughts on “Here we go again – new lockdown starts at midnight.

1. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 10:35 pm

I will take the vaccine as soon as it is available for me which I predict February or March. We all have times to cool our heels about the vaccine. First responders will get it first, then nursing home patients. Then the general public. There are going to be problems with any vaccine. There are problems with everything. But the vaccines have been tested on people. I can understand anyone being leery especially black people. But I have faith that the health care system still works.

2. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 11:28 pm

I agree with you; I think we are all going to get it. I'm not taking the vaccine initially. I think more testing needs to be done with it and I think there's a lot of misinformation about it. betty

3. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 11:54 pm

I was reading something from a doctor today that talked about the vaccine. He said it takes years, not because they haven't got a great contender, but all the red tape and paperwork add years to the whole thing. God bless.

4. Anonymous December 6, 2020 / 11:55 pm

I hear you! Our state is on lockdown again too, approaching 3 weeks and the governor is talking about extending it.As for the vaccine, I'm not getting it yet. Myself and most nurses I know are concerned because they have never released a vaccine this quickly. The doctors I work with are also concerned about side effects down the road. I am not an antivaccine person and always get my flu shot, and am responsible for giving them to all staff at residents at my facility.. But this one I'm worried about.

5. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 12:38 am

I'll take it after a few friends take it. LOL.

6. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 12:39 am

I will wait and see…I want to take it I just don't want to be the first guinea pig.

7. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 12:41 am

It's like everything – too much red tape and while some regulations are to keep the citizenry safe, some of it is just hogwash!

8. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 12:41 am

My DIL is also a nurse and she has some concerns.

9. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 3:56 am

No complaints here. Apparently our ICU's (in NM) are full so there is good reason for the latest restrictions. I only go out to the dentist or grocery store and there we usually wait in line 6 feet apart to keep the number inside 75 or less. I'm grateful for that and I'm happy doing my thing at home, so I don't worry about the rest of it. I figure being safe and sensible is doing our part for everyone.

10. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 4:12 pm

I will not be taking the vaccine. I don't get flu shots, but I did take the pneumonia shots. I always tell my doctors to prescribe the older medications, the tried and true ones. Seems like the new ones end up having some really bad side effects that result in lawsuits down the road. I think many more people will fall victim to this virus, but I also think there is probably a very small segment of society with natural immunities. Our government should pay attention to the countries that have fewer cases and take advantage of their methods.

11. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 4:18 pm

Speaking of vaccines, I got my second Shingrix dose on Saturday and got a reaction. Woke up in the middle of the night with chills and headache. When I got out of bed in the morning I nearly fell over from dizziness. Slept off and on most of Sunday and then slept 11 hours last night. I feel okay today, but glad that the pharmacist warned me that many folks have a reaction to dose 2 even if they had no reaction to the first shot.

12. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 7:44 pm

Wonderful. I go in for my second dose tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

13. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 7:47 pm

I follow all the guidelines. When I do go out, I go early and I never go out to stores or anything on the weekends. It's hard to keep my husband home though. He keeps saying he's had so many vaccinations from his 20 years in the military that he is probably immune. I don't agree with that, but he's a grown man and in this case, does as he pleases. He's careful enough – but not as careful as I am.

14. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 7:47 pm

As I have said, I will probably take it – but a few months down the line.

15. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 9:03 pm

I wake to the news that the U S A has had a million casesof covid in 5 days and that California is in tight lockdown again, what the bloody hell . I will take a vaccine when it's ofered because it is needed and we want a somewhat normal existence. Do we not?????

16. Anonymous December 7, 2020 / 9:13 pm

I am sorry things are so stringent there. We aren't quite so bad where I am, but the randomness of the rules is bad. My job is to cut fabric for boat covers, and I am \”essential\” because the marine industry is \”essential\”. I got quarantined 14 days with an infected tooth. Laurie's brother had to shut down his bar because the alternative was to babysit his customers about masks. Our Church has been open about three weeks since March. But I really think we've learned a lot about how to function in a world where we are limited by a government- and how to humbly submit to it, as Christ commanded.

17. Anonymous December 8, 2020 / 10:31 pm

I agree with you….NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE HECK TO DO! And, it would be nice to just admit it so we could feel like we were being told the truth. Just say it….we are in this together….we will have ups and downs….but we are trying our best…..AND, we politicians PROMISE we will follow the rules like we ask you to do. (HA) I am fortunate, I can stay home. I wear a mask, always. I’m planning on taking the vaccine as soon as possible….I’m 69 years old, healthy and happy….but ready to get back to ‘normal’- easy decision for me.