Christmas Tree Hunt and a New Great Grand Nephew

2011 – Navy and our dog, Sport. The last time we chopped down a Christmas tree.
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving – no matter how you observed it. Foodie came over and my step-daughter, Char came and it was just the 4 of us. No biggie. Turned out we ate inside because by the time we ate (Foodie worked Thanksgiving) it was close to 6pm and there was a cool breeze. So the nice campfire outside didn\’t materialize. Oh well.
I\’ve decided, I really don\’t like turkey anymore. I used to love it – now, I can hardly get it down. Just has a stronger taste than chicken. But I do it for everyone else. For the last few years, I only buy enough for one meal – may be enough leftovers for a snack. I want it GONE! I\’d much rather have a roasted chicken than roast turkey. Or better yet, Italian, Mexican food or a pizza! One year I had salmon as a 2nd protein and that gave others an option (or they could have both)
2011 – In the distance, they are all three hauling a 12 ft tree.

2010

Today Navy and my husband went off to cut down a Christmas tree. The husband is going along for the adventure. We already have an artificial tree. Due to Covid19, the Forestry office is closed so you have to purchase the $10 – permit online which he did. Then he had to download onto his phone, the map. Laydee went with them so they will have a nice time. I get to stay home – cozy and have the place to myself. I\’m loving it.
2011
My sister-in-law called last night and they have my brother stabilized with his meds – so he is sleeping a little better. However, they received word, that his 85 yr old mother is dying and it could be any day now. They are really going through it.
The day Nina died, was also the \”birth\” day to my newest grand-nephew, named Brantley.  – A chubby little guy weighing in close to 8lbs!  I have no grandchildren, but I do have:
4 Grand-Nieces
4 Grand Nephews
3 Great Grand nieces
2 Great Grand nephews
All that from 4 nieces and 1 nephew.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

13 thoughts on “Christmas Tree Hunt and a New Great Grand Nephew

1. Anonymous November 27, 2020 / 10:54 pm

Beautiful baby, they are so sweet. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. There is a Jewish tradition during Passover of having something bitter and something sweet. Life can be bitter and sweet which you have certainly experienced this month. Same thing happening here in Georgia.No one at my house likes Turkey. I no longer cook turkey. We always ate chicken and dressing which I made this year. The big debate in my house is celery or no celery. I make one pan with celery and one without celery.

2. Anonymous November 28, 2020 / 12:21 am

Congratulations on the new family member. I love babies.Love,Janie

3. Anonymous November 28, 2020 / 12:40 am

Congrats to the family on the birth of Brantley! Sounded like a nice Thanksgiving. Every year for a long time we talk about what we want for the meal and usually it isn't turkey. Last night it was steaks. Pretty pictures of Christmas trees from years gone by. I don't decorate. We put up a strand of lights outside and that's about it :)betty

4. Anonymous November 28, 2020 / 10:44 pm

We haven't had a Christmas tree in a few years , I don't know why

5. Anonymous November 28, 2020 / 10:56 pm

I wish we could go out and cut down a tree. Oh well I will make do with our artificial one.Congrats on the addition to your family.God bless.

6. Anonymous December 1, 2020 / 6:56 pm

You have nice Christmas tree memories Debbie! And you are blessed with Greats!💖

7. Anonymous December 3, 2020 / 7:02 pm

That's funny about the celery. Yeah life comes at us, hard at times.

8. Anonymous December 3, 2020 / 7:03 pm

OMG I love babies, too. That is why I chose to be a daycare provider/nanny for 30 years. I like children; even the school age kids.

9. Anonymous December 3, 2020 / 7:05 pm

A strand of lights outside sounds nice. We don't do that anymore. My husband likes all the decorations inside the house. He puts up a nativity outside our home every year. It's not that I don't like having all the decorations, I don't like having to take them down. If I could afford to pay someone….

10. Anonymous December 3, 2020 / 7:06 pm

I know 2 families that don't do christmas trees. One just puts a wreath on the door and the other put lights on a ficus plant inside her home.

11. Anonymous December 3, 2020 / 7:07 pm

It was fun to do that – we used to always cut down our tree when I was a kid. It takes time and after a while, they all look good to you because you are so tired.

12. Anonymous December 4, 2020 / 2:37 am

You know, if you don't like turkey much anymore, you can try cooking cornish hens.I sometimes cook those on Thanksgiving instead of the big turkey dinner. You alreadyhave your Christmas tree up? That's wonderful. Good to hear your brother is stabilizingwith his medication. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season, Debby.~Sheri