Monday Monday

Last night around 7pm, I took a power walk around my neighborhood for 10 minutes.  I wanted to see if I could do it. I did quite well, other than wheezing which I have never done before. I didn\’t feel like I was going to pass out or anything. I am feeling so hopeful to the point that I want to cancel my appointment. I won\’t – because it does need to be checked out but that\’s just how good I am feeling. I still cough but now, it\’s only if I laugh hard, or talk too much. That group I joined has been so positive and helpful.
I talked to my sister-in-law this morning. My brother is going back into the hospital to stabilize and coordinate all his drugs so that he can sleep at night. He\’s up at night, cooking and baking while my sister-in-law tries to sleep. One morning he left the burners on. I was able to talk to him and he remembered me. I don\’t know how long that will last. This dementia is progressing fast.
Today is a beautiful day with mild temperatures in the 70\’s. (22 Celsius) I\’m trying daily to get out and take 3 short walks instead of one big butt-kicker like I used to. Just move that body – I\’ve become a couch potato during these covid times. Well, that\’s the goal – weather permitting. The gym is closed and I\’m thinking of just canceling it.
This is Laydee. My \”Honey\”. When I want her to do something, I call her \”Honey\” in baby talk and she gets all silly on me – it\’s so cute. She can\’t resist me when I call her, \”Honey.\”
She is crate trained and has always slept in a crate in our room with special nights, sleeping with us. Like if it is stormy or windy. She gets spooked. Then I started snoring, something I have never done before. My husband noticed on the nights, we let Laydee sleep with us, I didn\’t snore. So, she is now sleeping on top of our bed and I\’m not snoring. I do sleep better with her by my side. She\’s very cuddly. I am so happy I have a husband who doesn\’t mind sleeping with a cat and a dog. I made sure of that when we met 22 years ago. They don\’t sleep under the sheets, just on top. Plus if anyone broke in, and she\’s in a crate, how good is that? She sleeps in the sentry position most of the time.
During this pandemic, if we didn\’t have our dog and our cat, Susie – it wouldn\’t have been very much fun. We\’ve loved spoiling them even more than they already are. I especially love bigger dogs. When you get hugged by a big dog, it is HEAVEN! I don\’t believe Laydee is all that big. She\’s about 75 lbs. She\’s put on a little covid-weight too.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

8 thoughts on “Monday Monday

1. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 12:38 am

Dementia is so hard to deal with, and especially for the care giver.I'm glad you have Laydee – pets can be such good friends!

2. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 12:43 am

Good for you for getting out and walking and planning to do some more! Wise idea not to cancel your appointment. Just see what they have to say and then you know what's going on. So cute with the dog and cat sleeping with you guys. Our previous corgi did but I don't think right now we plan to introduce Winslow to the bed. He sleeps in a crate in the room next to hubby. One night when son still lived with us and we had our other corgi he came home late at night and found all 3 of us (hubby, me, dog) snoring :)betty

3. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 1:17 am

I sleep with a tiny guard dog. He is good at kicking the cats off the bed. The funny part is the pitbull has to know I have got ahold of him before she dares to jump on the bed. He is so dangerous. I hope your cough goes away!

4. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 3:29 pm

When we had a dog she slept with us too! Often times she had more room than my husband and I did!

5. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 8:46 pm

What a sweet pup! I had a membership at the local Y for about 24 years and went almost every other day. I continued paying for six months after COVID started in the spring but finally gave it up. I get even more exercise here at home…a lot of stretching, flexibility, balance, a bit of weights and resistance bands, and from 30-45 minutes a day on my NordicTrack treadmill. It's fun because I stream videos while I do it. Needless to say, I don't get much more done except to write my daily blog.

6. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 9:45 pm

I struggle to walk down the hall to go to othe loo, so you are amazing

7. Anonymous November 17, 2020 / 10:57 pm

I am glad that your breathing is better. You keep that appointment.God bless.

8. Anonymous November 18, 2020 / 12:56 am

Our dogs and cats always slept with us, too. Nothing like a warm fur ball next to you–and I don't mean an unshaven husband!I hope everything checks out okay for. you. We are dealing with similar issues with my hubby and going through test after test to get things figured out. It's so sad…and nothing to do but move through life as best we are able. Hugs- Diana