The TEXTS

My son, Navy has Covid19. I\’m shocked, but then again, he does work in a medical facility. Even he said he was shocked that he had it because he wears the complete gown, masks, face shield, and the N-95 face mask. So does his wife Sara, who is a nurse at the hospital in town.  Navy said, he pretty much goes to work and comes home – gets gas, goes to Safeway, and he always wears a mask. This stuff is contagious.
He says, there is an outbreak at the Veterans Home – mostly employees but 2 elderly have come down with it. One in my FIL\’s neighborhood. (They call them neighborhoods – but they are more like a \”ward\” or a \”wing\”) Sara mentioned a 102 yr old lady had covid in her ward – and she survived. That\’s amazing.
Sara\’s hospital told her she had a choice – to isolate herself from her husband for 2 weeks or take the time off. She chooses to take the time off – knowing she will obviously get it. She goes back Dec. 4.
Back in April, I knew no one who had it – Here it is, mid. Nov. and I\’ve personally known my Alabama family all got it – that includes my brother,  my nephew\’s father-in-law died from it back in April. He was in Oklahoma. Now my son, and one of his friends, and a cousin in another state.
Thanksgiving is still up in the air. I\’m willing to have Foodie over and Char – It would still be under the state guidelines. Weather permitting, we\’d sit on the covered patio and make it all warm and cozy. Have a fire going in the fire pit and a propane heater, if need be. I\’ll make up a plate for both Navy and Sara to bring over and drop it off.
Last night I tossed and turned. I know, he\’ll be okay. He says he is extremely fatigued and his body aches – he has lost his sense of smell in 1 nostril and has slightly lost his sense of taste. No fever, no coughing.
So today I packed up a Care package for him to drop off at his front doorstep. Just grabbed some of his convenient favorites:
Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup
Canned Chicken and Dumplings
Hungry Man, Beef pot roast soup,
Stagg Beef Silverado chili.
Crackers,
Orange Juice,
Applesauce.
A big soup mug
1 snickers candy bar
a travel Packet of Tylenol
a book
and a Rubrics cube.
Placed it in a Dollar Tree crate along with a Get Well card.
Once a Mom, Always a Mom.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

12 thoughts on “The TEXTS

1. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 12:27 am

That is so true, once a mom always a mom. I would have done the same.Sorry to hear he has Covid but I'm hopeful he will make a complete recovery from it. I think I mentioned here its all a matter of time and the majority of us will get it even under the best precautions. Hoping no one else in the family gets it.betty

2. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 2:22 am

I hope Navy recovers. This is a very sneaky virus. Keeping you in my prayers.God bless.

3. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 3:47 am

I pray your son recovers and your daughter in law does not contract the virus. It is bad. I know your son felt better with his care package from mom. Take care.

4. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 2:01 pm

Keeping your family in prayer…just my thought…but I think every person will end up getting Covid at some point. And it goes to show you all the precautions one takes, it does no good…so my thought, quit the mandates and live…not meaning to upset you…just my thought…we have been wearing masks for 9 months now and still are shutdown and the cases are rising here in western NY. I have already had it, back in 2019 BEFORE anyone knew what it was…was recently tested for antibodies etc…anyways….KEEPING IN PRAYER.

5. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 6:24 pm

I don't want to get it. I can't even stand when I get a cold.

6. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 6:25 pm

You are right – it is a sneaky virus.

7. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 6:25 pm

I will be checking on them everyday – if they need anything.

8. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 6:29 pm

As long as their mandates are just suggestions. I'm surprised with the precautions in a medical facility, and he still got it. Funny thing to note – my brother has it but so far my sister-in-law hasn't gotten it. Crazy virus.

9. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 8:55 pm

So sorry to hear that your son has it. This virus does seem unpredictable. I'm back to shopping online. Take care!

10. Anonymous November 14, 2020 / 10:09 pm

I expect one day I will know someone with Co, vvid it is scary shit, I hope your boy only has a mild case of Covid

11. Anonymous November 15, 2020 / 8:53 pm

I just ordered myself a few new outfits.