My time of year!

Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center at Lassen Volcanic National Park – 50 miles East of us. Mt Shasta is totally covered in beautiful new white snow. So beautiful.
Good Morning to you all, this beautiful Sunday morning. I am feeling so good. Have some renewed energy and so far, I don\’t feel any chest congestion – and have coughed very little. I\’m telling you, coughing can really run you down. As long as I don\’t overdo it.  I can\’t talk that much, or it irritates my throat and then I start coughing. Better days are coming and I do feel very optimistic about everything now. I armed myself with the worst outcome – coupled it with some optimism and have firmly resolved myself to just \”take it a day at a time.\” Because really, nothing has changed that much so far – just some lung scarring and that is it. Why get myself all worked up? Okay, yeah I did for about a week. That is usually my modus operandi.

LOCKDOWN again

I\’m starting to get used to being locked down. As the colder weather sets in, it will be very easy just to hole up. I\’m feeling very cozy right now. We are now in the purple again and this time, I don\’t think our stupervisiors will be able to change our Gov\’s mind. He trusted us before and then allowed us to not go to purple but it came with a warning. The numbers are up and we\’ve had more deaths. Besides the old people that are sick and dying, I do feel bad for many of my neighbors and community who are small business owners, and they are really hurting financially. My dad owned a small business – he had 60+ people working for him and while one might think, that isn\’t really that small, it is still considered a small business. I\’ve had 2 small businesses. I had a craft business, years and years ago – which I made my money going to wine fairs, and festivals to sell my wood crafts. None of that has been going on. Then for 16 years, I supported my 3 sons and myself on my home daycare business. (even sent Michael to college) Many home daycare providers are out of work due to it being in the home. The daycare centers are open with some restrictions. I would have lost everything, had this hit years ago. Just so sad and I can\’t help but think of the many single moms out there, that own their own small businesses.
Have a good one, guys, and thanks so much for all the encouraging comments about my brother and myself.

From My House – For the homemaking side of me

8 thoughts on “My time of year!

1. Anonymous November 8, 2020 / 8:30 pm

Thank you for visiting me, Debby. it's always nice to make a new friend.I' m going to try and catch up from some of your posts. Have a blessed day!

2. Anonymous November 8, 2020 / 9:45 pm

Most small businesses won't be coming back. So many businesses on forms I process for work say \”closed permanently due to Covid.\” Come January the whole nation will be locked down. Glad you are optimistic about your health; really just one day at a time is all we should be living for. That's why I haven't really worried about taxes and the like for this year; who knows what will happen by tax time in 2021?betty

3. Anonymous November 9, 2020 / 2:25 am

I know that I always find it easier to be inside in the colder portion of the year. We don't get many visitors so we may as well say we are in lockdown.Hope you feel better, take it easy and do not overdo.God bless.

4. Anonymous November 9, 2020 / 6:05 pm

Thanks Sally. SO many bloggers have quit lately and finding new blogs to follow is getting harder.

5. Anonymous November 9, 2020 / 6:07 pm

WE haven't had any visitors that actually came inside our home since the pandemic. We did have a book share, with some friends that came over and placed books on our chairs outside. And of course, the pizza delivery person!

6. Anonymous November 9, 2020 / 10:26 pm

Visitors are a rarity here unless we count my daughters who I see daily.No idea what if anything I willdo for my birthday on the 16th

7. Anonymous November 11, 2020 / 1:32 am

I'm glad you're feeling better, Debby. That is awesome that you had a couple businesses of your own.I didn't know you sold wood crafts – did you make them yourself? Mount Shasta must look beautifulright now. I have a sentimental attachment to the mountain, as I think I mentioned before. A coupleloved ones are buried in Mount Shasta. : )~Sheri