State of California Holiday Guidelines

Laydee at Thanksgiving
Last week, our county supervisors had an open meeting, with the community and business orders as to whether or not, Shasta County should defy the State Covid19 guidelines and move into the less restrictive Red Tier. The meeting lasted over 6 hours from both sides, with some even bringing in their children.
2 days later, they announced that the State had agreed to allow Shasta County to stay in the Red Tier.  The purple tier would have placed us back to a total shutdown. There are still restrictions – and limited on how many people can gather, etc. I am thankful that because we live in a rural county, the Governor was able to understand and see it our way.
Then our Governor set forth these Holiday guidelines for the State of California.
No more than three households present and that Thanksgiving dinner must be held outside. Gatherings are also required to last less than two hours, according to the state – if you do gather indoors, keep windows open while using fans for ventilation and wear masks as often as possible.
Now I see the word, Guidelines and I don\’t sweat it. Others see it,(my husband)  and they get all pink and pushed in, calling him a dictator; wanting to RECALL NEWSOM.  I don\’t HATE the man.  I may not AGREE with him on many issues but I try and look at it, from his POV. He\’s implementing what his experts are recommending. Plus the word Guidelines is NOT LAW. It\’s a recommendation.
Our family hasn\’t even discussed our holiday plans this year. It will be different than years past – heck this whole year has been different than years past so what else is new?
Navy and his wife are going to drive down to Woodland to be with her family this year. So that means it will only be Foodie and Char at our house. Very small, and within the guidelines, If I SHOULD CHOOSE to follow it. Eating outside is doable here – although some years we have had rain. We\’ll play it by ear. Heck, every year, we eat inside but gather outside on the covered patio, or have a (safe) bonfire – it is not that big of a stretch and I refuse to get myself all worked up over it.
I think it\’s just the fact, that Newsom said it. My husband gets so irritated by me because I see things differently than he does. I break it all down and try to see it both ways. I\’m not successful all the time, I admit, but it\’s not as black and white as it seems. I try to give credit when it is deserved. Newsom didn\’t create the covid19 pandemic and is dealing with it as best as he can with little experience. Same as with President Trump. He didn\’t cause it. No one knew how to deal with this and I don\’t blame Trump for the Covid19 anymore than I blame Governor Newsom and how he is choosing to deal with it. I mean even Fachi kept changing his mind about the wearing of masks. It\’s all been so confusing. Some say, Trump should be telling his \”followers\” to wear a mask – I don\’t FOLLOW anyone except for Jesus Christ. I tend to do what I want to do. I wear a mask all the time for myself and the people around me. Not for any other human being.
There – Just had to get that off my chest!
From My House – for the homemaking side of me

11 thoughts on “State of California Holiday Guidelines

1. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 12:47 am

I saw those guidelines and just had to laugh Wonder how he will be celebrating? Honestly I don't think anyone has gotten it right yet with this whole virus. Why if masks are somewhat effective for slowing the spread do numbers go up if masks are mandated to be worn? I think it is just a matter of time, no matter how careful someone is, that pretty much everyone will get it. Just my opinion.betty

2. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 12:55 am

I don't know what it is but when I see the word guideline I automatically think rule. I might just need to change the way I think. Would save me lots of angst.God bless.

3. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 3:59 am

I'm sorry your husband is upset, but I agree with you. Guidelines are guidelines, and they seem to be good ones. As you said, your governor is doing what he can. I'm glad I'm not a governor.Love,Janie

4. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 5:27 am

I almost started to get upset about those guidelines as I was reading them as MANDATES and how the heck could anyone enforce them… then I realized duh guidelines and or suggestions. Limiting guests, wearing masks when possible and ventilation are all good suggestions, no problem, if they were mandating these ideas, I would invite the neighborhood over for an indoor no mask no ventilation feast!Our Thanksgiving, usually family and a few friends on the Sunday before is called off this year, most of the family wanted to play it safe.

5. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 9:42 pm

No holiday here there or anywhere for me

6. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 10:48 pm

I don't think masks work at all. The only thing to keep from getting it, would be for everybody to wear the PPE the medical personnel uses. My son, wears a mask/shield and is completely covered at the Veterans Home. They have to change out of it constantly. That's why I question the validity of masks – I wear them when I go out. I do it for the small businesses, that need us to comply or they are out of business. Other than that, I stay home.

7. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 10:50 pm

Maybe it is the way, the officials say it – they stand up and say it with authority and our human nature naturally bucks authority. The authority figure says, \”Guidelines\” we hear \”Mandate\” \”Law\” etc.

8. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 10:54 pm

Oh he'll get over it. lol

9. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 10:56 pm

Oh if it were a mandate, I would be furious. I have always been rebellious and have had issues with authority.

10. Anonymous October 28, 2020 / 10:56 pm

2020 sure does suck, doesn't it?

11. Anonymous October 29, 2020 / 1:26 pm

NY is following CA so it seems…our area is now yellow…and another lockdown is iminent. Let me tell you, reading the latest from the CDC and masks, shaking my head…talk about flip flopping…cloth masks do little if anything.