UPDATE: 2 Arsonists arrested

Yesterday we had 11 + fires – that quickly got out of control due to the wind. It was so scary as reports of several arsonists were being reported.

Arrested: Daniel Timothy Sims who is a Registered Arsonist with connections in Florida and Wyoming.  He is originally from Florida.

1. #Point Fire in Cottonwood. The vehicle associated with a registered arsonist seen leaving the area.

275-acre Point Fire is at 90% contained.

2. #Olinda Fire near the Landfill.  100% contained at 20 acres
3.#Alexander Fire off 273 in Anderson. 50 acres
4. #Bailey Fire in Shingletown. The cluster of five fires burned a total of 10 acres near Shingletown, where he was arrested.
5 #The Dersch Fire reached 133 acres as of 7 a.m. Monday and is 90% contained
The other fire was the result of a domestic disturbance. A man set his girlfriend\’s car on fire. He has been caught and arrested.
You have to have a scanner living around here – I honestly believe California should look into these arsonists that do start these forest fires and give them a maximum sentence for destroying our forest lands and killing people. HOWEVER, looking at his low bail, he will be out in no time. I was listening to the scanner and people all around were reporting the same vehicle leaving the scene – a red Land Rover. People were out actively looking for him.
Never a dull moment around here. I am surrounded by 3 major forests and National Parks. So yeah, we\’re going to attract some pyromaniacs. This is their paradise.

10 thoughts on “UPDATE: 2 Arsonists arrested

1. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 12:42 am

I am so glad they caught the arsonists. Now they better make a really good example of them.God bless.

2. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 12:53 am

Really; they need to throw away the key and not let them out ever. Also, they should be responsible for the financial damage with how much it took to put out the fire money wise. Glad these were caught.betty

3. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 9:20 am

We often have fires in the Mourne Mountains here in Northern Ireland, and quite a few are the work of arsonists. What on earth do they think they're achieving by such idiotic behaviour? Being surrounded by three major forests and national parks must be a bit worrying.

4. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 1:54 pm

I can't believe they would set a low bail for an arsonist after all you've been through with fires! It beggers belief!

5. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 5:59 pm

I hope so too, but with our lax laws, they will get bailed out since this time, no one was killed.

6. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 6:00 pm

I absolutely agree but this is California. They need to do a big campaign, on billboards and posters, that read \”STARE A FIRE BURN IN JAIL\” lol

7. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 6:02 pm

Yes it is worrisome. I had no idea when we moved here 13 years ago from the San Francisco Bay Area the extent of the fires. We love it here though – it's just something we have to always be prepared for.

8. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 6:02 pm

I know I know…That's California.

9. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 6:34 pm

If they have a strong case, then it should have very high bail! It is like letting a known serial killer out on bail…just stupid!!

10. Anonymous October 27, 2020 / 10:04 pm

Arsonists are bloody fools at the best and evil uncaring basards at the worse just my opinion