Oh Well

I believe I have been CANCELLED by my friend because I refuse to talk politics with her. She doesn\’t talk about Biden at all – she rants about Trump. \”what do you think of this? What do you think of that?\” I don\’t follow his every move like she does – She\’s obsessed!  When he was sick with covid19, she said she and her sister were on a death-watch, hoping he would die. I replied back,

\”That\’s not cool.\”

That\’s why I think she is no longer answering my texts and why she never made a comment back about the 2 photos I sent her of my niece and my grand-niece. On Twitter, I saw that her sister who she lives with her tweeted out that they are praying Rush Limbaugh dies a painful death. Wow. While I am sad that perhaps she has canceled me for good, after years apart, maybe I am better off.  She ALWAYS wants to talk about Trump. I have told her I did not want to discuss it with her. We used to be best friends years ago and we drifted apart. I wanted to protect that part of our friendship –  I will just let her be – and if she never contacts me again, then so be it.

Then yesterday one of my bay area friends on Facebook commented on how she thought it was funny that my county is now locked down. I told her many elderly have died and she replied back, \”oh well.\”

Oh well?

THIS from the compassionate and tolerant left.

So I replied back to her, by unfriending her and blocking her. I thought about it first. Has this person ever shown any signs of wanting to be an in-person friend? No. As I thought about it, she has said some catty things and I have let them slide. So looks like I did some \”canceling\” of my own.  Oh well.

I don\’t like to be this way. I do have some liberal friends (remember I grew up in San Francisco and the bay area) who have been nice just classy all around. I respect them. We find other things to talk about.  It can be done. I\’m thinking, these others,  must have never liked me, to begin with, and are using this as an excuse. I really think some of my friends who have become Obsessed with Trump Hate need to get a grip. Do they really like what they have become? Some have even, alienated their family members. Wow. I wonder how their blood pressure is? I hate to say it but my friend has problems with her high blood pressure. Me? I\’m 110/75. My health is most important.

I figure I am 66 years old. I don\’t have time to walk on eggshells around those with differing opinions and who want to push my buttons. I don\’t push theirs. When they start calling on people to die etc, then they\’ve lost me. I don\’t speak that language and I don\’t think it\’s funny.

18 thoughts on “Oh Well

1. Anonymous October 21, 2020 / 3:30 pm

Oh! I so get it! I have different political opinions from several of my friends. None of us spew hate or disgust at the other's party choice. Life is too short. Underneath all of this we are ALL Americans and should be working together to heal this country. Let the voters decide and let there be an acceptance of what has happened and move forward by praying for those in charge of our great country. I am ashamed of how our country has dealt with everything. God bless us all. xo Diana

2. Anonymous October 21, 2020 / 7:20 pm

I'm 53 and simply don't have the gumption to deal with intolerant folks, period. I feel bad for you having to deal with it. I also will say, since I am so old, I will say what I want and the filter is off now, LOLOLOL. ANYWAYS, keep on posting and keep your head lifted. smiles

3. Anonymous October 21, 2020 / 9:55 pm

I am sorry about your friend. Politics can really upset some people. But really? To let it ruin a friendship? I don't get it.

4. Anonymous October 22, 2020 / 1:15 am

I find if you talk to someone about why they are voting for Biden and they are Christian/Catholic they can't justify how they can vote for someone who is so pro abortion. They just stop the conversation cold. Dear dear friend of mine, 30 years younger than me, but so dear, had on her Facebook picture that she was voting for Biden/Harris. I messaged her last Saturday asking her how she could vote for a baby killer and for a vice president candidate who said she was proud of a rapist. She said she would get back to me and as of this date I have heard nothing. My niece's hubby absolutely hates Trump but when confronted by my brother (his uncle in law) about how he could vote for someone supporting abortion (by the way both of these are allegedly Christian/Catholic) he stopped the discussion on Facebook by not answering anything further. Shouldn't one be able to defend why they are voting for someone? I can say why I'm voting for Trump over Biden. I heard a great sermon from a Catholic priest of why a Catholic cannot vote for Joe Biden/Democratic party. Anyway, consider it in your best interest to have been cancelled by her and to unfriend someone. It really is liberating and freeing.betty

5. Anonymous October 22, 2020 / 2:03 am

I try not to talk politics at all, I am so different in my political leanings that anyone else I know. Even my family is totally different from me. I am always saying that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. I remove their posts from my feed on Facebook if they get too bad.God bless

6. Anonymous October 22, 2020 / 2:04 am

I saw a comic where two unicorns were exclaiming \”I didn't know they existed\” as they looked at a comic of the undecided voter. People are passionate. Some have gone wild, crazy with their politics. It's a democracy and the majority rule whether you like it or not. It certainly can be worse where you have no opinion on how things go like Russia or China.I hope your friend calms down long enough to know a friend is real. An opinion is meah. I don't discuss politics either. It is a waste of time.

7. Anonymous October 22, 2020 / 2:13 am

I try to avoid the conversations, I myself do follow and watch all the news stations but I know my mind will not be changed and I will not change any minds, so why not avoid it. Unfortunately some friends demand to poke and stir things up, if you do not think \”correctly\” they can not believe it. Mostly those people are no longer friends…their choice.I find the animosity to be terrifying!

8. Anonymous October 22, 2020 / 9:29 pm

Some people make us wonder…………………………

9. Anonymous October 22, 2020 / 11:29 pm

It's crazy how people act about politics. I see tons of stuff I don't agree with on FB and twitter and other blogs. I don't comment and move on to the next thing. I wish everyone did that! I worked at a very liberal university and have pretty much unfollowed everyone I worked with until this election is over!

10. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:05 pm

Life is short and there is still much in our country to be proud of – It's hard to live with such hatred and bitterness, 24/7.

11. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:06 pm

It wasn't always that way – 10+ years ago, you could still discuss politics and people wouldn't get all butt-hurt/mad. It's a different world.

12. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:07 pm

I am trying not to overthink it and feel sad. Trying to just move on.

13. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:10 pm

You are right plus they all put so much into the likes of Rachel Maddow and news commentators as if they are experts. These news anchors and commentators have led them all through a maze of lies yet they still follow them. I don't get that. And their talking points are not their own;

14. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:11 pm

It's probably a good idea not to talk politics –

15. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:15 pm

I always dodged the conversations during the past 2 years – I told her I didn't want to discuss it. She abided in that for the most part; although each time we talked, she would throw in some major digs. I knew where she stood. Each time, a bit more. It's like she can't stop herself…her and her sister have 5 TV's in their large home. Each one tuned in to constant news and commentary. They live this practically 24/7.

16. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:16 pm

I hope she calms down too and you're right – discussing it is a waste of time.

17. Anonymous October 24, 2020 / 6:18 pm

I used to live in a very liberal area – now I live in a conservative-rural-for-california-area. I will say, it's not as intense up here as it is in the bay area. However, this election is something else. People around here, this year have gone crazy – both sides. It's terrible.