Yes, it really is Friday!

I don\’t think the Governor will be able to enforce a strict lockdown as it was back in March. Small rural county – people around here cherish their independence but by now, most of them do comply with the masks and social distancing. I am concerned about the small business here – most are struggling as it is. Most have families and are not rich people. It\’s their livelihoods. Now when I say something like that, there are always those who like to interpret what I said, to imply I don\’t care about the elderly. Of course, I do. My FIL is 94 – I\’m 66. Yes, I care. But I also believe, we need to get our businesses back so they can provide for their families. I\’m not talking about Target or Lowes here. There has to be a better plan.

The local cult/church made world news – all the way to Europe. How embarrassing. They have brought so much shame to our town throughout the years – December was when they prayed to resurrect their little daughter and held a resurrection vigil for days – live-streaming the event. Now this with the covid – Plus they are running 2 people for our city council.

This week has flown by for me. I had to check with my husband if today was really Friday.

We received an email from the Cal Vet home  Admin. where my FIL lives and they informed us about their lockdown. Well, they have never really opened but each neighborhood is on lockdown and they are required to stay in their rooms. All personnel has to wear complete PPE when dealing with the residents. Navy sent me a cute photo of himself. Foodie phoned me yesterday afternoon to tell me that one of his favorite residents passed away at age 81. He was really sad.

Soon the holidays will be here – starting with Halloween. I\’m guessing the kids won\’t be trick or treating this year – not even at the malls. For myself, I am not into Halloween anymore. But I know how much the kids love it. My husband enjoys it so he sits outside and gives out the candy. My dog barks and I always pray for rain.  I know I know, what a bitchhh I am. Hey, I did the whole Halloweeny thing when my boys were young and when I had my daycare business and when I was a Nanny. I am burned out. It just ain\’t my thing anymore. I used to get dressed up, decorated the house with Halloweeny things, and for years a neighbor and I who had sons the same ages, always took the boys out as we talked and watched them. Then they grew up. It all stopped. It wasn\’t fun anymore.

We\’ll see.

7 thoughts on “Yes, it really is Friday!

1. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 2:20 am

Bethel was listed on some news source discussing QAnon. Go figure, I remembered what you said about them. I hate people being misled. They are only wanting answers in how to make it in life which everyone knows can be difficult to navigate. Times are tough. Bethel is not the answer. We have some groups like them but they are not as large. Atlanta has some doozies at times.

2. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 4:32 am

We do need to open up our businesses. Here's the thing I have said all along. The vulnerable are going to stay put. They aren't going to go out in the public. They'll get groceries delivered, etc. So I think we are beyond that argument to protect them by keeping everything locked down. Just open everything up and let people make the decision of what they want to do or not do. Most of us (sic) are responsible adults. We are capable of deciding what is best for us.I'm ambivalent about Halloween most years but this year we are definitely giving out candy (all years we usually do give out candy). Again its people's choice to go out there and trick or treat. We'll have masks on and gloves as we hand out candy. I was even wondering about using salad tongs to pick up the candy. The parents can figure out if it is safe enough for their kids to go out or not. A former church we went to here is holding their annual Trunk or Treat event. Makes me want to donate some candy to them.betty

3. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 7:28 am

Here in Belfast there's very little sign of Halloween this year, just one or two houses with Halloween stuff in their windows. I doubt if there will be any trick-or-treating either, given all the physical proximity involved. As I'm 73 and officially \”vulnerable\” I won't be answering the door anyway. But yes, it'll be disappointing for the kids who love all the scary dressing-up routine.My sister has MND and is in a care home in England. My brother in law hasn't been able to visit her for many months. Very upsetting for both of them.

4. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 8:05 pm

I just hear the name Bethel Redding and my blood boils.

5. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 8:06 pm

Yeah we'll probably put a bowl of candy out by our gate and then sit outside, and watch to make sure it is fair – weather permitting.

6. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 8:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. My FIL is 94 and we haven't seen him in the flesh since early March. We do video chats but its not the same.

7. Anonymous October 17, 2020 / 11:46 pm