Hahahahaha!

3 more weeks on the toe. 3 more weeks! We were shocked. The x-ray showed it was not set fully; so yeah, he did have some discomfort. I feel bad. She gave him another special shoe and some non-narcotic pain meds – topical in a cream and a patch and some more tape. He goes back on Friday, Oct 8.

No, we did not go out to Olive Garden. Bummer.

We were bummed. Came home, got the mail, and Social Security mailed their repayment plan for us. We get $0 for October and $157 for Nov and $157 for dec and then we go back to our regular Social Security payment on Jan 2021. Isn\’t this so typical of this year? We also received a letter back from our congressional leader in our district telling us, it would take at least 30 days to be resolved. So, no matter what, we are looking at a very interesting month for October! I still hold out hope, that it will be resolved. We just have to get prepared this month so we don\’t have to dip into our savings.

The husband goes into \”I am a failure\” mantra. This is not true at all. I don\’t know why he gets this way. For years I was a worrier. I would fret and worry about anything. I overcame it. After years of working with a therapist, I have learned how to decipher what is worrisome and what is not. This is NOT the end of the world, for goodness sakes. It\’s an inconvenience and it\’s frustrating. As I tell him,

\”No one has died, no one is sick. We have not lost our home. We are fine.\”

It\’s probably because he has never fallen on hard times in his adult life – nothing that he couldn\’t handle anyway. When you are in the military, you always have a paycheck, food in your belly, medical, and a roof over your head.

There was more in the mail…

Also had a notification that his TriCare medical is now going to start charging a monthly fee starting in Jan 2021.  At the end of 2021, he will start Medicare and TriCare for life and will be good to go. He only used TriCare for his cardiologist. Other than that, he uses the VA and he pays nothing. Again, it\’s not the end of the world.

I had to just laugh – what else can you do? I dare not, say, \”what MORE can happen this year?\” because I know, MORE could happen. I just have to keep laughing and try not to get my panties in a bunch.

10 thoughts on “Hahahahaha!

1. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 1:24 pm

….and it seems we share husbands (grin). I take your attitude—sometimes he listens, and sometimes he don't. Its enough to drive me insane, smiles.

2. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 1:50 pm

To keep from your panties from bunching…quit wearing them. LOL. You sound as if you are having some tough spots. Ted and I are almost experts in that. New roof, new AC, water heater, sump pumps, washer and furnace in less than two years….never say what more…cause then we had to get a new hard drive and the Geeks lost my pictures & our email possibilities….one mess after another. When it's all said and done. Health is the most important thing we can have. It has turned into an all day job, just staying healthy here. But finally no more chemo for Ted. That's a blessing we gladly count. Honey, some times , I cry then I laugh. Bless your hearts, xoxo, Susie

3. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 1:56 pm

Good attitude! Sorry about the 3 weeks more though! Just remember my mantra \”its only money\”. Truly when we count our blessings we always have a lot more than the things we are struggling with.betty

4. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 7:03 pm

\”It's only Money\” was my ex Mother-in-laws mantra as well. It's true though.

5. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 7:04 pm

Ugh, that sounds like so much to have to go through – so happy your husband is off Chemo. Health is more important – we understand that more as we get older.

6. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 7:05 pm

Yep. He might say the same about me though…

7. Anonymous September 18, 2020 / 11:32 pm

I have a painful big toe joint, not sure if it can be fixed, probably just arthritic, but I have heard so many people who have had foot surgery and how difficult it can be, I will just bear with it as long as I can.You have the right attitude.

8. Anonymous September 19, 2020 / 1:13 am

This has been an upside down period of time. I keep wondering when the next shoe will drop.God bless.

9. Anonymous September 19, 2020 / 11:54 pm

Hahaha was a good title, this gave me a chuckle the th ing with our husbands are men…………..lol

10. Anonymous September 26, 2020 / 3:43 pm

I chuckled at the last sentence because I remember writing something like that in one of my very firstblog posts. We do have to keep ourselves going during this time, and laughter is helping us through this difficult time. So sorry your husband's toe was not set fully, Ouch! Hang in there, Debby.It seems that sometimes things happen all at once.~Sheri