Hair Day

I am so pleased that my hair is looking so much better. The young gal I had, graduates next month. Mr. Deazmond was her instructor. He knew exactly what I wanted. I\’m going back there next Tuesday for a $7 pedicure. You can\’t beat those prices plus you\’re helping them work on real people. She told me, they really need people to come in. It\’s been slow due to COVID. They took all the precautions and as a pre-COVID germaphobe, I felt totally at ease.

I feel wonderful now. I looked up the psychology of bad hair days and there is something to it. Our hair tends to define us, which is pretty silly when you think about it. I\’ve seen some bald women who really rocked that bald head! Of course, having a pretty face and features help! It affects both men and women. A bad hair day or bad haircut has you not wanting to go out socially although I don\’t think it can be blamed for not wanting to clean the house or anything like that! I do feel better. Maybe it will help me get out of this funk, I am in.

Last night I spread that metholatum on my chest and did not cough once. That stuff is good – and I slept like a baby last night. It\’s better than consuming OTC cough medicine; many of which can\’t decide if they are a suppressant or an expectorant, so they are both. It used to be you bought one or the other. If I need something better, I\’ll go to my Doctor and get the good stuff!

10 thoughts on “Hair Day

1. Anonymous September 16, 2020 / 8:59 pm

HI Debby, Sorry to read you've been sick. I've been away from blogland for a few weeks. Life just got too busy.. Your post is so timely as I am going in for a drastic hair cut tomorrow…LOL.. It took me two years to grow it out from the last time I cut it real short and I swore I'd never do it again BUT, now that I am fifty, hormonal, my attitude has changed. It's gotten thinner and just doesn't look nice on me longer and it's true, when I am having a bad hair day I don't feel as confident and good about myself as I usually do.. Probably silly, but still true… I hope you feel better soon!

2. Anonymous September 16, 2020 / 9:22 pm

It always feels better to get your hair done, doesn't it? I am way overdue for a cut but I'm loving my long hair so even if I do get it cut it won't be much!

3. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 12:48 am

Glad it worked out with your hair. My mom would go and get her hair done at the beauty school all the time. I never minded a medical student examining me as long as the doctor was around. All have to learn somehow.Betty

4. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 2:18 am

I also feel much better after having my hair cut. Makes me think that all is right in the world when I can stop looking like Albert Einstein on a good day.God bless.

5. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 3:35 am

Something I don't have to worry about, but I do get it.

6. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 4:35 pm

not silly at all. Nothing silly about wanting to look our best even as we age.

7. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 4:36 pm

No more long hair for me – and yes, I feel like a million bucks today.

8. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 4:36 pm

It's how they learn – I am very pleased with my hair.

9. Anonymous September 17, 2020 / 11:02 pm

Feeling sick sucks f or everyone, feeling better is always a plus.My hair is too long at the moment but still short and grey and not something I think much about