Opinion and this and that.

Channeling Evita?
The other night my husband wanted to tune into the RNC. Since we don\’t have cable, we watched it on
C-Span. I don\’t usually watch conventions. 4 nights of speeches are boring to me, so I got up and started cleaning. As a kid, we always watched both conventions as a family.  My dad told me, you can tell the Republicans have the most money because they had the padded seats.

\” Whatever, Dad! \”
I thought Stephanie Guilfoyle\’s speech was awful, overly dramatic, and LOUD! I don\’t care for her. I remember her back when she was a liberal married to Gavin Newsom. They were the power couple of San Francisco. Strange how things change.
FIRES
It is still smokey out but we\’re okay. Can\’t complain about the temps either – mid to low 90\’s.
The husband\’s foot is healing and he has improved 100% since the first couple of days -He was having withdrawals of not being able to \”control\” his situation and he thought he could boss me around.
I do what I can – Navy has come over a couple of times to move something heavy that I am unable to do so that has helped. Our yards are getting overgrown with weeds. No biggie. We don\’t belong to an HOA.

WHATS ON MY TUBE?

We don\’t like regular programming so we watch reruns and movies on Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix, and Masterpiece Theater, which I get through Amazon Prime. Right now, we are re-watching my favorite reality TV – SURVIVOR. All 40 seasons. That should keep me busy. Not counting the first time I watched all 40 seasons, this is the 2nd time I am re-watching them. I\’m a HUGE SURVIVOR FAN! I always wished I could have tried out back when I was 20 years younger. My sons would tell me, \”Do it Mom.\” but I was too shy. Now I wish I had at least tried.
We just finished The Worlds Toughest Race in Fiji. An Eco challenge on Netflix. I like watching real people, race. The individual stories of the participating teams were heartwarming.
I also enjoy the cooking competition shows like Top Chef.

10 thoughts on “Opinion and this and that.

1. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 1:42 pm

I like the cooking shows too to watch. We've been watching clips of some of them on YouTube. It is Kimberly Guilfoyle and I agree I didn't like her speech but I liked a lot of the other speeches. They had a nice line up . I don't watch every single speech but I have it on my Facebook feed from the local TV station because I want to represent a number viewing it. I heard more people were watching the Republican convention than the Democrat one. I have never seen a Survivor show LOL 🙂 betty

2. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 1:47 pm

I watched the DNC (gag me) and now I am watching the RNC Convention on C-Span. I agree, her speech was awful and I am not a fan of her. Overall feelings, I have kept a notebook of both parties during both Conventions and have come to a conclusion about the DNC/Democrats; party of abortion, defund police and military, party of welfare, party of socialism/communism, party of anarchy/rioters, party of the never ending shutdown, party of the mask wearing, party of BLM, party of hate, party of flag burning etc. I am getting so tired of all of it. There it is, my attitude. sigh

3. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 3:50 pm

I love Survivor too. I'm watching Big Brother all stars this season. I live out in the boonies so I don't have too many rules I have to follow. I had water damage in my house and the insurance adjuster was taking pictures throughout my house. I opened my bedroom door and the bulldog decides she would like to be a bit nosy. I hope he did not see her. I'm sure my insurance bill is going to be adjusted enough. There are always rules. The irony, insurance companies don't like pitbulls but if I ever have a bite. It's going to be the male Pomeranian or the male chi mix I have. No bites, but I am very careful with both the boys.

4. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 4:29 pm

I love Top Chef! My husband and oldest daughter have seen every season of Survivor. Now my son and his new wife are watching all the seasons. I never got into it, but I do watch Big Brother.

5. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:15 pm

I've never watched Big Brother – My son, Navy loves it and is always telling me to watch it. When I did Family daycare in my home, I purposely didn't have a dog for many years due to the higher liability insurance. I did have cats – Once I finally got a dog I had to keep him away from the kids. My black lab is also part pit – I always tell my husband to emphasize the black lab part because people are prejudiced against pit bulls. I adore pits! I believe Laydee is the fine dog that she is, due to her mix.

6. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:16 pm

I haven't watched Big Brother. I've watched every season of Hells Kitchen, Master Chef and Master Chef Jr and we're on season 8 on Top Chef.

7. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:17 pm

I didn't watch DNC – I catch a little of the RNC since the husband has it on. That's a good idea about making a notebook and keeping a list. That's smart.

8. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:18 pm

Yes, there are some good speakers and I especially am loving the diversity that the RNC has lacked in years past. It's about time.

9. Anonymous August 28, 2020 / 3:09 pm

I didnt watch any of the convention. I already know who I am voting for no need to sit through the convention. My husband on the other hand is a politics junky so he has it on the big tv in the den. I had no idea that kimberly had been married to him!.. Good grief….. I used to watch her on The Five on Fox news in the afternoon and I never really liked her. I found her loud and obnoxious and trying to hard with her outfits. Glad I missed her speech….LOL

10. Anonymous August 28, 2020 / 11:22 pm

Can't imagine watching pollies make long ass speeches where they say nothing , just not my thing