UPDATE: Today I was yelled at

I was out and about, doing my long list of backed up errands – when I drove into the parking lot of a local store that offers a senior discount the last Wednesday of the month. I pulled in and saw a group of middle-aged mask-wearing women, who spotted me and started following my van and yelling. What the frig did I do now? Apparently, they jumped to the conclusion, that just because I wasn\’t wearing my mask in my vehicle that I was going to get out without one and enter the store. I am stubborn and because they were totally wrong I wasn\’t going to try and explain myself to them. They were fighting mad. The deal is, I don\’t wear my mask inside my own vehicle. I put it on before I get out of my van. They just assumed.

Now, I wasn\’t going to make an issue out of it – I was by myself, I\’m 66 years old and I didn\’t feel I needed to prove my worthiness to them. I can mix it up just like they can – it just takes me longer to get really pissed off and when I do, I never feel good about myself afterward.

So I left and called the management – They did nothing saying they have a right to protest. No, they were harassing me in my van – following me – at one time I thought they were going to hit my van. It scared me.

In today\’s local news, a group threatened our county supervisors:

“We\’re not going to be peaceful much longer. You either fight with us, or you fight against us,”

You can\’t even go out and do your errands without a fight.

I wear a mask in the stores because it is required. I try not to over-think it. That\’s it – PERIOD.

13 thoughts on “UPDATE: Today I was yelled at

1. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 9:50 pm

People are getting more and more crazy! We were just in a restaurant tonight and when I stood up to leave the booth I hadn't put my mask on yet and several people gave me dirty looks!

2. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 10:45 pm

Seems everyone wants to fight about something. Scary

3. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 3:06 am

Wow, people are wound up in your neck of the woods. I would have done the same. Anyone being that unstable and hypercritical could be dangerous. It really is not normal behavior.

4. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 4:35 am

Ridiculous!! I am so bad about putting my mask on that I don't put it on until right before our turn to enter walmart. Besides if they were wearing their masks they should be safe right? People are so riled up about everything and anything these days.Betty

5. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 11:16 am

That’s absolutely insane. No one here is driving around with masks on.

6. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 1:40 pm

Folks are getting more insane, aren't they? You know what really gets my \”craw\” the Walmart guards who say, \”Thank you for wearing your mask!\” all nice and everything…give me a break. Makes me sick…anyways…yes, its getting dangerous out there. The more this shutdown and hatred for one person goes unchecked, the more it gets worse. Stay safe.

7. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:20 pm

They really are – everyone seems \”on-the-edge\” of losing it. For me its best to just stay out of it and watch my cooking shows…

8. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:21 pm

I put it on, before I leave the car. I rip it off as soon as I get out of the building – mainly because it is so HOT. It's not a protest or anything.

9. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:22 pm

Some people just want to fight about anything – they've been cooped up and are bored and watching conspiracy videos. I'll stick with SURVIVOR and my cooking shows.

10. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 5:23 pm

I feel so sad about it all.

11. Anonymous August 27, 2020 / 10:40 pm

Talk about crazy shit people are are losing their shit over stuff they don't know just think they do

12. Anonymous September 23, 2020 / 2:06 pm

As much as possible, I avoid stores that require masks.