Calgon, take me away!

I am not comfortable with extremists from both sides. I just can\’t jump on any bandwagon that goes rogue. Apparently, over the weekend, we had a group that used to be part of the \”Tea Party\” and then that evolved into the \”State of Jefferson\” group here in Northern California (that wants to be the 51st state) and now they started yet another group, called RE-OPEN Shasta County. So over the weekend, a big group of them decided to take on Sprouts, grocery stores. All because Sprouts requires masks. They went inside with masks and the police were called. 15 patrol cars showed up and the anti-maskers and the pro-masker\’s were having at it on the sidewalk.

HOW SILLY!  Sprouts opened during March of this year and providing jobs to our local economy and by this group doing what they did, Sprouts had to close. How embarrassing for our community. People are really losing it over this mask mandate.  They are also, anti-vaxxers.

They had signs that said, \”Masks today – Mandatory Vaccines tomorrow\” and \”Vaccines = Mark of the Beast\”

I am not opposed to vaccines within reason. My mom had polio as a child as well as others, and I thank God for the polio vaccine. I get a flu shot every fall and now I get a pneumonia shot.

I really do wish I could just pull up stakes, and move way up into the mountains – away from the internet, people, and just live the remainder of my life in peace.

It\’s getting way too \”peopley\” out there for me.

11 thoughts on “Calgon, take me away!

1. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 1:00 am

Its just madness out there with so many things. Being off the grid in the mountains sounds pretty good to me about now too! betty

2. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 1:19 am

One of my daughters works at Sprouts in Walnut Creek, California, and she said it's crazy there in general, but then she's used to rural central NY state life, ha. It's too people-y there in Walnut Creek, for me. I don't like the extremism either. I don't particularly think masks help much, but I figure that it's not too terrible to just wear one because here in NY it's the law, plus if it makes the older folks more comfortable to be around me in the store, then it's worth it. I don't care for the thought of a mandatory vaccine, I'm pretty sure I had Covid after my last trip to California in March. I never get the flu vaccine, and haven't gotten the flu in YEARS. I just like having the option to decide for myself. But people get so political and hateful about everything, with the name calling and the self righteousness, it's awful. I'd much rather be friends with everyone, whether we agree on everything or not!Della

3. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 2:29 am

It is sad about the anti-vaxxers and people who can't accept a rule. It is a shame it closed a business. We all have right to freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The people obviously do not understand their rights end when they restrict the rights of others.

4. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 8:55 am

It's scary how many people take up extremist causes for which there is little or no hard evidence. They're simply following their personal prejudices, repeating what they've read on Facebook, or parroting their favourite politicians. Where's the evidence that vaccines are so dangerous? I've had loads of vaccines, including a flu jab every year and just recently a pneumonia and a shingles jab. They've never done me any harm. I think a lot of these guys are simply narcissistic attention-seekers. Any cause will do as long as they're in the limelight.

5. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 11:28 am

Sprouts closed permanently or just for the day? I saw a young couple without masks at my local grocery store on Monday. We have had ‘mandated masks’ for over a month now and it surprised me that no employees seemed to notice or care.

6. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 8:13 pm

I know Walnut Creek.

7. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 8:15 pm

Today I was yelled at, while in my van. I was going to park and I wasn't wearing my mask. I don't wear my mask in the car. I park, and then I put it on. This gal, went total bonkers on me – to the point that I chose to shop elsewhere and little did she know, I am not opposed to wearing a mask. Crazy!

8. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 8:17 pm

I haven't had the shingles vaccine yet. Need to get that this year.

9. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 8:17 pm

Just for that day.

10. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 11:07 pm

I hear you there… both sides suck equally.

11. Anonymous August 26, 2020 / 11:07 pm

There are too many people out and about in certain places but not here in my home here there is just me and Tim and our girls drop in daily which is good with me