Walked Away and won\'t ever turn back.

That\’s me! I just wanted to please my Daddy and that meant, when I was 18, it was a given I would register as a Democrat. I was raised by 2 parents who were very liberal – San Francisco Democrats, we lived in the Haight Ashbury in San Francisco. Every political election was an all-out holiday event for my parents who volunteered, blacked-out our windows with posters and that was our life. I noticed at a young age, hypocrisy. I remember one time, at election headquarters for a San Francisco city council race, where I heard racial remarks – from someone who was supposedly for civil rights. He won. My dad was a gun owner. The Democrats have always been trying to take away the rights of gun owners and my Dad did see this and didn\’t like it – yet he still voted for the Party. Maybe because my dad and mom had no line in the sand. I noticed how the supposed  \”tolerant party\” who was \”supposedly\” a friend to the less fortunate was not tolerant at all. The people who tried very hard to keep my son, from entering public school were liberal democrats. How can that be? To this day I hate the California Teachers Union.
Being raised Liberal was probably one reason why I always questioned things.  I admit my first reaction to something, comes from my \”liberal Democrat side.\” on occasion. No party is perfect – not even the Republican Party. I cannot ever be a \”registered\” Republican (I tried that once) so I am a proud Independent or in California, we call it, \”declined to state.\”  I have mentioned before, I do have my \”lines in the sand\” which are issues that I won\’t ever budge on. One such issue is I am Pro-Israel. It took many years for me to slowly walkway. I was secretly leaning right – on many issues.  I have been a supporter of the #Walkaway movement for close to 2 years now.
I recently have joined the #Walkaway campaign as a volunteer. Every Wednesday, on my blog, will be a #Walkaway Wednesday where I will post a video of a former Democrat who has walked away from the Democrat party.
 The Democratic party doesn\’t do it for me anymore – I so DONE with them.
NOTICE:

If you comment, be civil. This is MY BLOG MY OPINION.
 I don\’t go to your blog and argue and say mean things to you,
so please be \”tolerant\” of my position.

Thank You.

13 thoughts on “Walked Away and won\'t ever turn back.

1. Anonymous August 15, 2020 / 1:11 pm

I was raised in a ultra liberal democrat household. I walked away as well. I don't mind telling you, I am a registered Conservative. I don't support either parties, really. Great post. smilesP.S. I can't even discuss politics with my family or either side (husbands)…its really sad.

2. Anonymous August 15, 2020 / 3:10 pm

I look forward to your Wednesday posts. My mom was Democrat so that is what I registered for when I was old enough to vote. My in laws were staunch Republicans and basically disliked Democrats. Over the years on my own thinking I have come to be more right winged. I will more than likely never vote Democrat again. I too am pro Israel but my big issue is pro-life and the sanctity of life so I can never vote for someone who supports abortions.Betty

3. Anonymous August 15, 2020 / 6:41 pm

I hear you – My liberal family are all dead now – my Mom was able to vote for Hillary Clinton in the California Primary before she committed suicide. So, at least she got to do that.

4. Anonymous August 15, 2020 / 6:47 pm

I doubt very much I would ever vote Democrat – They left me a long time ago and it took many years of going back and forth for me to realize it.

5. Anonymous August 15, 2020 / 11:50 pm

I was raised in a staunch Republican home-but my parents were not political at all. I am registered as an Independent so I can vote my true choice.

6. Anonymous August 16, 2020 / 7:38 pm

I have never heard of the Walk Away Campaign. So interesting! My mom grew up in rural Ohio, so has always been Republican. My dad started his adult life in a union job, so he leaned Democrat. Later in life, he realized both parties were crooked, so he just voted for the youngest candidate! Lol! I miss my Dad. I refuse to vote for anything other than local elections. Both parties suck, IMO. I’d like to see both parties dissolved.

7. Anonymous August 17, 2020 / 1:02 am

I was raised to vote for whoever sounds good at the time

8. Anonymous August 17, 2020 / 9:40 pm

That's the way to do it. I'm an Independent as well. My husband is a conservative Republican and I knew this when we married. MOst of the time we agree – \”As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.\” Proverbs 27:17

9. Anonymous August 17, 2020 / 9:42 pm

My dad was also a union member UNTIL he started his own business. Unfortunately your dad was right – both parties (and the others) are crooked but it's all we have to keep this Republic going.

10. Anonymous August 17, 2020 / 9:43 pm

It's all so complex now.

11. Anonymous August 17, 2020 / 10:11 pm

I used to consider myself a independent and still do but the appalling behavior of the liberals and the Democratic party since Trump was elected has me leaning toward the right! Unless it's all not true! Can't believe anything anymore anyway!

12. Anonymous August 18, 2020 / 5:32 pm

That is why I have turned more right – I just can't hang with the \”left\” anymore. For my own sanity I had to quit sitting on the fence. This election is too crucial.

13. Anonymous September 6, 2020 / 4:10 pm

My family is basically conservative but a few of the people who married into it a very liberal. We don't discuss politics at holidays!