My outing for the day – whoppie

I spent a couple of hours at the VA waiting for my husband\’s procedure. All went well – they did remove 1 polyp and sent it in for a biopsy. He\’s sleeping it off as I write.  Due to COVID19, they had no magazines or reading material set out. I forgot to grab a book so I just sat. WIFI was in and out. I cleaned out my purse and deleted some photos on my phone. I people watched – It was not packed with people like I\’ve seen before. I\’m glad it\’s all over. Lately, life can get very routine so this was a little \”extra\” we had going on. That\’s pretty bad when you look forward to your husbands colposcopy appointment!

Mentally, I will take the rest of the day off – I\’m tired from just waiting. I would get up and walk around – then I would sit. Then I would shift positions. Then I would stretch. It is very hard for me to sit still. If my life depended on me, sitting still, I\’d probably be dead.  I\’ve always been a wiggly worm.  My dad would say I had \”ants in my pants.\”
Our temps have cooled down a lot. Today\’s high is supposed to be 93. It\’s wonderful. How much does everyone else pay for their electric bill in the summer? I just paid mine and it was $308.85 for 1 month. Even in the winter the lowest it goes is about $175 – We use PGE for our natural gas. That is always fairly low – usually between $40-85 a month.
I am sending in a 1924 Baker Roll Search Form to the eastern Band of Cherokee Indians in North Carolina. – just to see. I\’m 99.9% sure nothing will come out of it – and even if it does, I just like to know if the \”family stories\” are true. They say it takes 8-10 weeks but will probably take longer, Due to COVID19.

12 thoughts on “My outing for the day – whoppie

1. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 11:37 pm

I hope the polyp is benign and he gets an all clear for the next five years. My father had always told me about the years before World War I when my grandfather and my great uncles lived in France, and I thought the stories were somewhat apocryphal. But after some research found they were all true and interesting. I'm sorry I didn't ask more questions when I could have. Take care and keep cool.

2. Anonymous August 6, 2020 / 12:01 am

It does wear you out waiting and sitting. Tomorrow, we have dental appointments and one doctor's appointment. Somehow my sister who lives by herself has gotten lice. I'm going over her house to help her shower and wash her hair with the special soap needed to kill lice. I'm buying me a bottle too. When I get home, I'm putting my clothes in the washer and taking a shower. I will do a bit of cleaning for this same sister. We had Indian family stories. When we did DNA, I was a bit surprised how all my ancestry was English, Celt with a dash of Viking. I'm dark skinned with dark hair and eyes. I've noticed there are Indians but they are like 5th great grandparent and further. So I guess my coloration is Welsh and Scottish ancestry. I suspect you have native blood but like me it will be way back. You only have 128 fifth great grandparents.

3. Anonymous August 6, 2020 / 1:54 am

It seems like any little trip is a big adventure now. God bless.

4. Anonymous August 6, 2020 / 2:53 am

I hope everything turns out well with your husband. Waiting is hard especially during medical procedures.We've had seventies the last couple of days. Very strange for Iowa in August.

5. Anonymous August 6, 2020 / 3:03 am

Glad to hear your hubby's procedure went well . we haven't paid any electric bills so far this summer and have a negative balance but we do have solar. At our rental where son lives the solar was out for 3 months, grrr, we got a credit from them but the last month bill was about 150 dollars. I average what we paid for electricity and solar and we saved over half having solar. Betty

6. Anonymous August 7, 2020 / 1:54 am

These procedures are no fun at all, but it's nice to hear that you went along and did somepurse cleaning and people watching and just got out of the house for awhile.I feel closed in lately too, and have been wanting to get myself in nature where all is rightwith the world. I'm glad your husband's polyp was Ok. I laughed when you said youcan't sit still, cause I feel like the people around me are like that, and it's driving menuts. I just want them to sit still for awhile and smell a rose or have a cup of teahaha. Thanks for always stopping by, Debby. I smile when I see your little icon everytime. : )~Sheri

7. Anonymous August 7, 2020 / 2:22 am

Cleanimg out our phones and deleting photos from our phone isn't something our grandparents couldn't imagine.

8. Anonymous August 7, 2020 / 2:54 pm

Oh boy, lice…just thinking about it makes me itch!

9. Anonymous August 7, 2020 / 2:55 pm

70's would be nice….

10. Anonymous August 7, 2020 / 2:56 pm

Solar is nice but we'd have to cut down our trees and I refuse to do that.

11. Anonymous August 7, 2020 / 2:57 pm

Long waits are never fun.