First things First – Social Security Overpayment

Castle Crags – Northern California

I\’ve been doing some reading up and I am not that concerned other than I don\’t like having something over my head. So I need to get the ball rolling on this or they could, deduct it from my husband\’s SS starting in October. We have time – but I still need to send in a request of Reconsideration (Form SSA-561) and while I am at it, I will send in a request for a waiver. (SSA-632)  If push comes to shove, we\’ll just have to make out a payment plan that works for us, without totally depriving ourselves.  I\’m the one that does the finances – I\’m good at it. He did it for a time when we first married and after my son died, I just couldn\’t do it. I totally shut down and went into a deep depression. (Complicated grief) That\’s another story…

I do wish my husband would stop blaming himself. You know, it happened. Honestly it is not the end of the world. I\’ve lived through much worse in my life. I was a single mom, raising 3 sons – and times were very hard for me juggling it all. If anything, having to tuck in my belt a little, is in my wheelhouse. I got this!  For the husband – he has not ever had it bad, like I did. He was in the military and always had a paycheck, medical, housing etc. I have to constantly be positive for him. Who says, women are the weaker sex?
Tomorrow he goes in for a routine colonoscopy. So today, we\’re home, and he\’s in the bathroom! I\’ll drive him tomorrow and then about 2 hours in, I will go back to the VA to meet with him and the physician and drive him home.

Navy

My sons, dropped by the house this morning and picked up something Foodie had left here. They are on their way for yet another backpacking trip in the mountains. They return on Sunday.
Foodie

9 thoughts on “First things First – Social Security Overpayment

1. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 1:24 am

Thanks for visiting Buttercupland. Enjoyed discovering your blog. I'm sorry we can't get together with our coffee and chat. Best wishes with figuring out the Social Security issues.

2. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 1:48 am

I do all the book work here as well. I know that you have this all under control.Losing a child is something that finds one in a hole that is sometimes very difficult to get out of. The only thing that helped me find a way out of the blackness was the other two children.God bless.

3. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 3:54 am

Good that Foodie and Navy are getting outdoors and enjoying camping and being together!! Hope your hubby's colonoscopy goes well without any negative findings. It will work out with Social Security and lesson learned!betty

4. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 3:50 pm

We had to pay over $10,000 in taxes for one of our early years here. That was definitely a hardship. I sent HeWho for the audit, as one of us had to be here. I should have gone, as I am not a push-over. They disallowed the gas and diesel for mowing as a business expense because we live here! The sad thing is that we didn't even profit that much money that year! Took us over 5 years, but we paid it all back. I just wish they would go after all the big business that routinely skate on paying their fair share!

5. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 8:59 pm

Wow, yes that would be a hardship. Glad you paid it off.

6. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 8:59 pm

Yep, lesson learned!

7. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 9:00 pm

Very difficult for sure but I also had my other 2 sons and they were such a blessing. Still are.

8. Anonymous August 5, 2020 / 10:19 pm

Dealing with social security is a headache no matter what coountry you live in take some pain relief have a drink take a breath and press on