Camping would be nice

Foodie called me late afternoon. He is so sweet; always checking in on me. His brother (Navy) and him are planning yet another backpacking trip in a week. He\’s always telling me we should get that tent trailer of ours out and go camping.

The reason why we can\’t do that at this time, is the tent trailer is in our side yard and in front of it is a pallet full of heavy cement pavers. My husband is in the process of extending our patio. Plus I am not fond of HOT weather camping. I much prefer the Fall months to go out. Unless we\’re going to the coast but right now, Humboldt County has too much Covid and I don\’t want to go there just yet. No one goes camping in the Fall – plus the mountains are so beautiful.
We bought the tent trailer in 2019 just after the fire in Paradise. It was built around the late 70\’s so its vintage. Our original plan was to fix it up which we haven\’t done yet. It also needs a new canvas which is about $1000. It has some rips in the canvas but I am hoping I can salvage it while saving at least half of the amount. I don\’t like to use the credit card for things like this.
I would eventually like to put in a new floor and paint the cabinets. Change out the curtains. What I want to do, and what actually gets done, are two different things.
I do hope we can get her out in Sept/October. Just go somewhere remote for a week – heck even a weekend would be good. I just need to smell the trees and cook outside and watch the wildlife.
Here\’s the original post showing a photo of how I would love to decorate it.

9 thoughts on “Camping would be nice

1. Anonymous July 30, 2020 / 4:07 pm

I love camping, the guys like going anytime of the year, not me. Fall it is. Oh and we camp the hard way; tenting. smiles

2. Anonymous July 31, 2020 / 2:40 am

It looks so cute!! I hope you do get to take your camping trip in the fall!betty

3. Anonymous July 31, 2020 / 2:45 am

We had a tent trailer for a number of years and really enjoyed camping. Sometimes it was in a regional park just down the road from our home. I would stay the week and Harvey would come down in the evenings for supper and stay the weekends.Then a few times we went to a National Park and loved the peace and quiet.God bless.

4. Anonymous July 31, 2020 / 10:15 pm

I am want to go camping too. So far we have had reservations cancelled on three trips because the campground did not open. I have a group of friends plus my two brothers and family, we go Memorial and Labor Day each year. Memorial Day was cancelled. Had plans to go camping with my brothers and their families in July, Reservations cancelled. It was at a Army Corp lake and all camping for AC camping closed until the end of the year. Day beach is open so we did do a couple day trips to swim and picnic. My boyfriend and I took a day trip last Saturday to check out the campgrounds at Stampede Lake just past Truckee. Nice grounds, they were full. Hopefully our plan B for Labor day will remain open.Leslie

5. Anonymous August 1, 2020 / 12:42 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhh that sounds so nice.

6. Anonymous August 1, 2020 / 12:42 am

I know the area well. Hopefully you can go.

7. Anonymous August 1, 2020 / 12:51 am

Camping in a campere or caravan is ok camping in a tent no bloody way…….

8. Anonymous August 2, 2020 / 2:44 pm

The older I get, the more I would like to go \”glamping\”. My husband, No way!