It\'s going to get bad again – can I believe it?

I haven\’t been paying attention – I was shocked when I heard that the CDC is estimating between 15-30,000 people will die from Covid 19 by August 15. I just don\’t know if I believe that. I\’m in shock. I sure hope they are wrong. They were wrong once before.

I don\’t even know what phase we\’re in. So far, the Governor hasn\’t shut our county down over the Bethel incident last week. I guess we\’re in phase 2. I\’m confused what is open and what is not.
I guess I had better tune in – I\’ve been distancing myself away from all the news because it makes me sick, and I get getting depressed. I can\’t be totally in the dark – just leave the door open for me, so I can see just a little.
I\’m so sad today. Sad because of the people who will be dying and sad, because I don\’t trust what I hear. .It could be true – then again, it may not.
Never did I ever thought, that I would not be able to trust any of our politicians or people in charge. IT feels hopeless.

8 thoughts on “It\'s going to get bad again – can I believe it?

1. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 3:27 pm

My dear, you NEED TO TRUST the medical professionals and scientists! They have no political agenda. They want to save lives. Please wake up. 149,500 dead people isn't a lie. I'm praying for you.

2. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 4:20 pm

it is sad. Right now there is a death toll of at least 1000 people per day. We have now lost people we know and know others that have been infected. It is sad AND SCARY. Hoping they find a vaccine soon so our lives can return to some semblance of 'normal'. xo Diana

3. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 7:23 pm

I don't think there is a second wave, it is the first wave that ran through NY/ NJ/ Conn/ Mass now reaching other states. Most curves are now flattening. Masks and social distancing are helping, but the real reason the curves turned in NY/NJ…is herd immunity which does not need the 70% experts claimed, but a much lower number which is probably now around 25% in NY/NJ. Deaths are not following the same rate as initially, that is good. I think this virus will have mostly run its course by the end of September.I could be wrong, I am not an experts, but I have been looking at the charts of the states and other countries. Anyway, I hope I am right, sadly there are those that will hope i am wrong.Meanwhile those of us in the vulnerable group need to be extra careful until a vaccine is available…which could be never.

4. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 7:34 pm

Awww well thanks for your prayers. I will pray for you, too.

5. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 7:37 pm

I only know of 1 person who has died – even then I didn't know him personally. It was my nephews, wife's father. That was back in April.Living in a rural county like I do, we aren't seeing the numbers like the urban and metro areas. We are spiking so it does need to be looked at.

6. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 7:38 pm

I heard the virus will disappear sometime after Nov 3.

7. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 7:55 pm

Every life lost is sad. At the same time people are dying from this there are also people dying from heart attacks, strokes, car accidents, heat related deaths etc etc. The media continues to want to focus just on Covid 19. I believe to cause great fear in us. We are being played by them. Watch their language and movements when they are talking about it. They report differently about this than any other story. At least here on the Phoenix stations. They have caused a lot of unnecessary fear. At least in my opinion. I am not sure I am getting the vaccine when available. The swine flu pandemic in 2009 and 2010 lasted 19 months. Nothing closed down . I think more have lost lives now with this virus but health officials are lumping everything as a Covid death and are encouraging people to be tested. That did not happen with the swine flu pandemic.Betty

8. Anonymous July 28, 2020 / 8:32 pm

Absolutely! I can't imagine the pain many families have had to go through this year, losing their precious loved ones to this horrible virus. I don't watch the news anymore – we haven't had cable or watched any cable news for 7 years. Somehow I always know what is going on whether I like it or not. I've not ever followed any other virus outbreak so I wouldn't know.