What\'s wrong with trying to be "positive? "

Sometimes I just want to tell everyone to F–K off. I\’m not a curser but lately, I feel the desire to let loose. I don\’t because for me, it means I have lost control and I don\’t feel good about it. I try to be reasonable and easy going – but the world is MAD right now and they don\’t want \”calm\” – they thrive in their organized chaos.

Yesterday the County Health reported their daily stats on the virus.
Confirmed Cases Today: 15
Negative Tests Today: 166
I commented, on the 166 that came up negative and that was something to \”celebrate.\” Okay maybe I shouldn\’t have used that word. BIG DEAL – SUE ME. It\’s just a friggen word. But on social media, all hell broke loose. I turned down my phone and let them all have at it.
Today I checked and so many were totally pissed at me, for mentioning the \”positive\” side of this. You know, I get down. All of this has been a struggle for me. I keep busy and one tactic I do, is to always TRY to look for the positive. When you do this openly, you get verbally attacked. You can\’t be positive. You have to always to live in fear and be mad and throw tantrums etc. Nope I won\’t live like that.
Piss on them ALL.
I did just that…I told them I won\’t stop trying to find that silver lining, then I told them to PISS OFF!
The Thought Police are everywhere. On all social media outlets and blogs of the everyday people. They MUST suppress your individual thoughts and opinions. They also JUDGE you on one comment – saying you are this or you are that. They don\’t know me. I\’m a complex person and because I am a introvert I think a lot. I don\’t expect everyone to agree with me and that\’s fine. Just leave me to my own thoughts, thank you very much. You ain\’t my Mama. So back off.
At times it makes me want to just get off social media because deep down I really hate the whole concept of it and what it has become since I first joined. It has had way too much influence on our pop culture. I refuse to leave because they don\’t like what I have to say.
The deal is, this stupid virus has become political. If you try and be \”positive\” so you don\’t roll up in a ball, with ulcer pain, you must be a \”Religious Right, a Trumper which means then you have to be a Racist – You are also a Homophobe, a Xenophobe, and any other \”phobe\” they can think of, to hurl your way. Well that\’s not the case for everyone. They want EVERYONE to AGREE with how they THINK – They want everyone to Vote for the same person. They want everyone to take a knee. They want everyone to believe in what they believe or else.
They can all go to hell – I am going to continue being me. Piss OFF!

7 thoughts on “What\'s wrong with trying to be "positive? "

1. Anonymous July 25, 2020 / 11:06 pm

Bravo! I am trying to learn to hate the things people tell me I am supposed to hate…not that good at it. Probably why I am retiring my blog.As to the pandemic…if you study the charts of various states it looks to me like it is going to dry up by end of September due to Herd Immunity. This second wave is not a second wave, it is the same wave that hit NY/NJ/ and Mass catching up with the rest of the country. Look at the curves of those states and compare with curves of the UK, France, Italy and Spain. The virus runs out of victims and it will die out. In the mean time if you are in a vulnerable class like myself, stay away from crowds especially indoors and wear a mask.Do not repeat this, you will be shunned for going \”against the science\” or at least the science they choose, because a never ending virus with a ruined economy and mass deaths fits into the political agenda of some people with the loudest voices.THis was sent to me by a fraternity brother, a surgeon and department head at a Miami hospital.https://off-guardian.org/2020/07/07/second-wave-not-even-close/

2. Anonymous July 25, 2020 / 11:31 pm

You're really retiring your blog? How sad. I will miss you. I tried to make a comment on a recent post of yours and it said only certain readers so I had a feeling something was up. We're losing many bloggers. Yeah there is more to all of this than we're being told. I agree with you, that this is not a second wave but the same wave making its way west. Oh gosh, you gave me another thing I may have to rant about – Science. How everyone now, uses that to shut you up – I hate what has happened to our culture. I just want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head. Let me know when all of this is DONE! Take care Joe. I hope at least you will stop by…I have grown accustom to your cranky ways.

3. Anonymous July 26, 2020 / 12:26 am

I saw on Facebook this morning that Dr. Fauci couldn't understand why there was so much hatred about this virus and I just had to laugh when he goes up and down with what to do about it (and he doesn't know how to throw a baseball). I get a kick out of reading comments on posts on Facebook. Sometimes more enjoyment on the comments than the actual story I'm reading. Anyway, this is definitely a political virus and I think people are just so fed up by it all that they aren't reacting the way they might normally. I would look for the positive myself in situations if possible. I heard we have 62,000 tests waiting to be processed here in Arizona. Lag time for some testing is 2-3 weeks. By then a person might actually recover from it before they even knew they tested positive for it. And then I read on the actual test result that is sent that the person tested positive for the corona virus which can also be associated with the common cold. So what the heck about that??? (I see the actual test results because people send in their test results to the unemployment office because they can get I think 14 days of unemployment coverage through the CARES act. Its a mess. I keep thinking I'm going to get off of social media but Facebook scrolling is still my \”favorite\” hobby (if you can call it a hobby).betty

4. Anonymous July 26, 2020 / 1:23 am

I just found your blog…the name \”spoke\” to me:) Oh how I can identify with your frustration! I don't often use \”cuss\” words either, but lately I surely have wanted to let a few fly at certain people!!!! I can't understand why anyone would go after you for being happy about over 100 tests being negative. That (to me) is something to celebrate. Yes, it is sad that ALL are not negative, but any place that is having more negative tests than positive should feel very blessed. Some days I don't know whether I want to scream in anger or cry my eyes out! Our country has gone mad. Some seemingly intelligent (and Christian) people have lost their ever-lovin' minds and think the worst things are OK and that constitutional rights and history are absolutely the worst. WHERE DID THINGS GO WRONG????? Oh dear…I could go on and on and on…….. but I won't. Hang in there…us sane folks have got to stick together!!!

5. Anonymous July 26, 2020 / 2:20 am

People have gotten crae crae with their thinking. I get what you mean about celebrate that 166 did not have the virus. I bet they celebrated a bit when they got the good news. I'm sorry people had to take their vitriol out on you. It is really something they have a problem with.I've had it with the political crap. I have unfollowed another Facebook friend. I can't take the long political rants. I read them. Then I feel aggravated. I have noticed even the ones you agree with can make you feel aggravated.But I am sorry you got attacked. People have just lost it. I am a never Trumper and I get what you were saying. Gee whiz. I just remember the 60s and 70s. We are going through it again with a nasty virus stirred in. I'm looking forward to 2021. I just hope I'm still here, healthyish, and coherent. lolTake care my friend.

6. Anonymous July 26, 2020 / 10:23 am

I made a comment online about a news story and someone told me I just wanted to see my parents dead so I could inherit their money. Well, that happened more than 30 years ago. Folks are just nuts which is why, other than on my blog, I have no social media presence. My twitter feed is for the blog and I follow nobody.

7. Anonymous July 26, 2020 / 10:54 pm

Well said and hell yeah I agree