This COVID 19 is not going away

Shasta County\’s blue dot is getting bigger. 1238 cases per million. 180,000 population

Whoever thought the warm weather would kill this virus, sure didn\’t know what the heck they were talking about. My husband thought for sure it would die down during our HOT summer. If anything it has spiked and my theory is, people are traveling.  California has really ramped up the positive cases.

Shasta County, on Friday:

Confirmed Cases: 227
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 4
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 1 –
Daily Deaths 1
We had around 30 when the Governor reopened our county with only 4 deaths. We\’ve now added 3 more deaths within this month with a total of 7. Friday it was a 50 yr old woman. Sad.
I don\’t need too much detail – just the important stats:
Total confirmed today
Currently hospitalized
Currently in ICU
Daily Deaths
Deaths to Date – 7
My county sends out lengthy reports at 6pm every day even on the weekends.
In Isolation
In Quarantine
Active Cases
Released from Isolation to Date
All that is just too much information. Just give it to me straight –
They also give the gender and age of the persons that tested positive for the day.
A girl under 13
A teenage girl
A woman in her 20s
A woman and man in their 30s
A woman and man in their 40s
School Mandates
The majority of California districts will start the new school year the way last school year ended: from home. Feel bad for the kids. 33 counties are on the state\’s monitoring list. Shasta and neighboring counties Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity for now are not among the counties that are on the list. We\’re rural, but guess where everyone likes to go on vacation? I don\’t hold my breath – that will change. For right now, my county is giving families the choice – we have some Shasta County districts with as little as 27 children.
I don\’t know – I just don\’t know. Happy I am not having to make the big decisions.

13 thoughts on “This COVID 19 is not going away

1. Anonymous July 19, 2020 / 1:56 pm

I must say it's very worrying. Church opened up this week. Hubby went but I decided not to. I guess I am finding it hard to return to the old normal when the virus is still very much with us. I still stick pretty much to home. 💖

2. Anonymous July 19, 2020 / 4:16 pm

It is sad and scary. We have a month old baby here in ICU with Covid. We take extra precautions because of John's health. xo Diana

3. Anonymous July 19, 2020 / 4:51 pm

Yeah same here. I haven't gone back to church yet.

4. Anonymous July 19, 2020 / 4:52 pm

Oh that poor baby. I hope the baby pulls through.

5. Anonymous July 19, 2020 / 5:05 pm

We get our stats here about 8:30 a.m. Not as detailed as yours. Our numbers fluctuate but there is a slight downward trend. Our schools will more than likely be virtual for the first few months. My question is how can kindergarten be virtual? My 15 year old step granddaughter is okay with virtual learning. So much the kids will be missing out on. There is just so much going on with it all. I need to be off social media and praying more I do believe.Betty

6. Anonymous July 20, 2020 / 12:07 pm

Love the revolver map on your site!Anyway, I actually watched the idiot's interview on Fox. The virus is going to go away. Someday. I wish he would go away.I still follow the news sparingly, since there is not much I can do about things. Stay well and safe.I still stay here in my hometay

7. Anonymous July 20, 2020 / 1:05 pm

WOW!! That is way too much info for me…All I look at is how many new cases each day in our county which is one of the most heavily populated in our area …Our area of Pa, is doing very well with most counties only in single digit increases daily. Our county has not had more than 15 new cases in a day for many weeks now but for most days it is in the single digits. Pa. has been very strict with the guidelines and even though our Governor is getting backlash for it, only Phila. and Pittsburgh areas are seeing a spike. I try to limit myself to only what is going on locally and even with that, not too much info and I find it works well with maintaining my mental health during all of this.Hugs,Debbie

8. Anonymous July 20, 2020 / 3:21 pm

Well , I live by Myrtle Beach and for the longest time we didn't have many cases in my count. We have over 330,000 people in this county so it was a good sign and then, tourist season came and everything opened up. Now? I can't even count how many cases we have and how many have passed away.. As for what \”they\” know, I think the only ones who really know anything about this illness are those who created it and those they let know.. As for any other officials, I think they are the walking blind like the rest of us…Unfortunately, this is a virus and medical science does not know how to cure a virus nor do the vaccines really work either. So I pray we as a country are able to achieve herd immunity at some point and when the virus mutates which it has begun to already it weakens in strength..

9. Anonymous July 20, 2020 / 9:33 pm

I know what you mean, we think it is settling down and it rears up again and fights back, so many people don't take this virus seriously and put more of us at risk.

10. Anonymous July 21, 2020 / 4:18 pm

I agree. It's a combination of herd immunity and a vaccine. Plus, people don't realize that, stuff happens – we can't bubblewrap everything.

11. Anonymous July 21, 2020 / 4:19 pm

Too much information is to appease those who want details. Just give it to me straight.

12. Anonymous July 21, 2020 / 4:20 pm

I know I thought that revolver map was cool but now that I changed my blog theme, it's not showing up.