Things that make me rant

It seems like every week there is another conspiracy theory that has everybody on Facebook up in arms.

There is a coin shortage. From all that I searched out and read, it is a result of the COVID 19. The Federal Reserve said a nationwide coin shortage is happening because of shut down orders. When so many places across the country closed down to slow the spread of COVID-19, it disrupted the flow of money and kept many customers at home.

That sounds reasonable to me.

Oh no, now I am hearing that we\’ve gone from coin shortage to the Gov. wanting us to be a cashless society. Yikes, I thought we already were, pretty much a cashless society – granted by choice. I won\’t apologize for appreciating technology. I enjoy the convenience and efficiency of not using cash. I do all my banking that way – I even deposit checks on my iPhone. So what is wrong with that? Okay, I get that it does disenfranchise poor people. I still want it to be a choice, rather than it imposed on us without any say. I honestly don\’t see that happening. It\’s a coin shortage – that\’s all.

The Mask Debate

This is starting to really make me mad. What is so awful about wearing a mask? The opposing side is making it a political issue. It shouldn\’t be. I believe it is selfish. I feel for the many businesses, that are having to close due to spikes in COVID 19. Yet they still complain about their right to not wear a mask. WTF? Come on, is this the hill you are willing to die on?

I don\’t LOVE wearing a mask. In fact, one reason I don\’t go out much is that during our high heat, it\’s uncomfortable. I almost passed out the other day in the garden area of Home Depot. Just too hot. But inside, it\’s fine. Plus I probably only wear a mask maybe a total of 45 minutes a week….tops.

A sign of submission? Oh, brother…MY only question is why then do surgeons wear masks? Also, Muslim women have their face and mouth covered when they are outside and you are not hearing them bitch and complain. Just STOP IT!

10 thoughts on “Things that make me rant

1. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 12:23 am

It has gotten out of hand, lol. A local store is asking for people to bring their change in for exchange. It's a small town. Masks? Those memes where you are going to immediately fall dead if you wear a mask are hard to read from educated people. I have a feeling many are going to backdown and wear a dang mask. We sound like a country of 2 year olds at times. I wear a mask. But the proof that masks help is my sister insurance mailed her two washable masks about 2 months ago.I go through a unfollow folks on Facebook who post too much crae crae and politics. I'm in it for the jokes and cat videos. Twitter, I have never figured it out.

2. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 2:31 am

I think with the mask it is the going up and down about its effect. First they say no don't wear a mask. Then they say it was probably because they didn't want you to get the masks that the health care workers needed. Then they said wear a mask if you want; its probably a good idea. Then its no, masks don't help. And so on (at least here in Arizona). We were mandated to wear a mask about 3-1/2 weeks ago here and we were told the numbers would go down in about 2 weeks. LOL they went up dramatically. And to save themselves from getting sued, you buy a box of masks and there is a warning on them that they won't protect from corona virus. So what are we to believe? My rant is those people who wear masks when they are outside and there is no one around them for literally miles. WHY?? I tear that mask off the minute I can when I'm outside. I don't know enough about the coins to render an opinion. betty

3. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 2:47 am

Conspiracy theories abound, especially on social media.God bless.

4. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 10:38 am

masks don't help? Then why even bother with Hazmat suits? Did you see the clip about the woman who went before a city council meeting and told them she wasn't wearing a mask because she has to breathe. Everything has to breathe which is why she does not wear underpants. TMI. lol.

5. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 7:43 pm

Same here – as soon as I get out of the store, if there are not anyone around, I threw that sucker off asap! Too HOT. We're in our 110+s now. I don't live in a populated area, so there are never any crowds I have to concern myself with.

6. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 7:44 pm

They just get sillier and sillier…

7. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 7:45 pm

YES, I saw that! LOL. That was crazy. Like Ann said, \”we sound like a country of two year olds.\”

8. Anonymous July 16, 2020 / 10:03 pm

Many are worried we are becoming cashless, me I feel if we have to use a card wwe shouldn't have limits on how many times we can use it for free as in not coping tranaction fees. I am not a mask wearer but I don't leave the house so not a problem if it was mandatory when out I would because I am not a douch bag thinking only of myself

9. Anonymous July 17, 2020 / 4:32 pm

Exactly. I wear the mask for others and the businesses I am in. I certainly don't want to aid in crashing our economy