Nuttin Honey

Back when we owned this motorhome. Fun times.

My husband asked me if we had any plans for the 4th. Is he serious? Gavin has closed us all down again. They\’ll have fireworks but we can\’t go anywhere to actually watch it. We have to stay in our cars – That won\’t work, trust me. From my house, we can only \”hear it.\” We\’ll be home doing what we do every 4th of July, and that is holding our shakey dog and comforting our cat.

We\’ll grill some burgers just for us – try and find a \”patriotic\” movie. I\’ll just pretend its a normal day. I\’m not a big holiday/special day kinda person. I have more fun on regular days that just happen. If I have to prepare for something, I find it stresses me out. Once a year, Thanksgiving/Christmas is enough for me.

Fridays we video chat with Pops. He wanted a chili dog so we\’ll go to Wienerschnitzel and get him a chili dog with onions meal and bring it back to the Veterans home by 4pm. He emphasized the onions on his hod dogs.

I\’m still struggling with a sense of sadness – about everything going on. I try and keep busy in my yard – dig dig dig, paint paint paint, plant plant plant.

That\’s my life these days

7 thoughts on “Nuttin Honey

1. Anonymous July 3, 2020 / 11:45 pm

We will all have the most marvelous yards by the time this is all over.God bless.

2. Anonymous July 4, 2020 / 12:29 am

Those chili dogs at Wienerschnitzel are really good. My best friend used to work there in high school, and I'd get them sometimes. I'm not much of a 4th of July person either, Debby. I'll just go over Nel's house for lunch and that's about it. I hope you have some happier days. This is a strange time for us all.Happy 4th of July, friend.~Sheri

3. Anonymous July 4, 2020 / 12:33 am

Gavin is wise to shut down the state. Ron should do the same here and won't.Love,Janie

4. Anonymous July 4, 2020 / 4:44 am

I'm with you about it wouldn't be exciting to watch fireworks from a car. They have several such shows here and with our heat projected to be 109 degrees tomorrow somehow sitting in a car, even with AC on, waiting for fireworks is not thrilling at all. DIL took kids to San Diego for the weekend to visit her mom and other family members. Son's restaurant is closed starting tomorrow til Tuesday because of the holiday and he's taking off some place tomorrow but will get together with us on Sunday afternoon for a bit. We too are barbecuing burgers and having a quiet day. I watched a great video on YouTube the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yk3xezML8Q&feature=youtu.beabout how we are being tortured (or coerced) these days. All along something about this whole pandemic has not sat right with me but I couldn't explain it. After watching her video things came together so much more clearer about the manipulation that is happening to us (again I'll state it a dozen times; the virus is real, but the media blew it out of proportion along with I don't trust anything the CDC says or the WHO etc). Glad you could get Pops the hot dog he wanted!Have a Happy 4th and celebrate that we at least for now have our freedoms!betty

5. Anonymous July 4, 2020 / 10:47 am

Nothing planned for me today either. The kids were here Wednesday for dinner and DIL is coming tomorrow to freeze her load of peaches. Hot and dry here. It's awful. Happy 4th.

6. Anonymous July 4, 2020 / 8:48 pm

Only certain counties – not the whole state

7. Anonymous July 4, 2020 / 11:38 pm

Chili dogs and corn dogs, I have heard of but don't know what they are really they look like hot dogs and pluoto pups to me.