Good Riddance, June

Here it is, the last day of June. Who would have ever thought, that 2020 would have been like this? I\’m thinking July, could be an explosive month – then there is August with both conventions. I have a friend who is vacationing in Cabo  – hardly anyone there plus they were bumped up to a 3 bedroom condo. Sounds nice. Unfortunately, I have spent all my \”vacation money\” on garden soil, gardening, plants, etc. Today I went to both Home Depot and Lowes; just looking for soil. They are very picked over.

We\’re going to take a day trip sometime this week – I totally need it. Since we\’re in the middle, we can either go to the ocean or up to the mountains and see some snow. Hopefully, there won\’t be many people around.

Our county is really starting to pop with the Covid19 cases. I guess that is to be expected – it\’s still alarming. Holding at 4 deaths we currently have 7 in the hospital. Navy has been tested about 4 times and Foodie, twice, due to their jobs. I still don\’t know anyone personally that has had it – my nephews wife\’s father died from Covid19 back in April. He also had COPD. Char had a slight sore throat and cough about a week or so ago – she is self-isolating. She didn\’t get tested. Whatever it was, it was mild.

Boy, what a year for my husband to retire in. It seems like a lifetime ago, we were planning it.

Sacramento River/backside of Shasta Dam

So goodbye June. You won\’t be missed.

14 thoughts on “Good Riddance, June

1. Anonymous June 30, 2020 / 3:59 pm

Your day trip sounds like fun and much needed! Our cases of course sky rocketed so we're back in time out. Bars, theaters, gyms, water parks and tubing on the river are closed for at least a month. Restaurants aren't so it won't impact son's job. I blame it too on the protests; 19 days of them with no social distancing and not many mask wearers, but that isn't even brought into account. I'm sure my job will be extended again with this new closure. Oh and schools that were slated to start August 10th now got pushed back a week to August 17th. 2020 is a mess of a year so far! Hold on tight for the wild conclusion in the next 6 months. I'm sure it will be a wild one indeed!betty

2. Anonymous June 30, 2020 / 6:17 pm

Lets hope July give some kind of relief but I don't think so!

3. Anonymous June 30, 2020 / 11:43 pm

Ernest T. Bass! I haven't thought about him in a very long time. Hilarious. I hope a day trip works out for you.Love,Janie

4. Anonymous July 1, 2020 / 12:17 am

I am so jealous someone got to go to Cabo. Travel is my most favorite thing in the world. Of course I have not been able to travel for years in that my family keeps me busy. I checked out a package vacation site I study but have never used. They have got a lot packages prepped to start in August. I wonder?We are seeing an event of a lifetime playing before our eyes. I'm getting a lot of yard work done.

5. Anonymous July 1, 2020 / 1:25 am

Love that photo at the top! LOL I'm not panicking about the rise in numbers at the moment. Being in PA, we were one of the worst states right from the beginning. I'm not sure how many cases there have been total in our county, but there have been 104 in our town. The sad thing is that your niece-in-law's father isn't unusual. In our county all but about 4 or 5 deaths have been in nursing homes. State-wide about 2/3 of all deaths are in nursing homes. Even with high numbers…I still don't personally know a single person who has died or even been sick. I don't know what I'm saying…just rambling. It's all so confusing. I wish the experts could at least agree on things. I'm thinking we should prepare for the alien invasion in July!

6. Anonymous July 1, 2020 / 2:40 am

I have a feeling that we are all in for a very rough ride.God bless.

7. Anonymous July 2, 2020 / 1:23 am

Each month wwe hope will better then the last one and it isn't

8. Anonymous July 2, 2020 / 5:42 pm

I know. I can't believe life is this way now.

9. Anonymous July 2, 2020 / 5:44 pm

OH my! Yeah I am confused as well and I believe so is everyone else. No one really knows what they are doing – the information keeps changing and things don't make sense. Maybe that's what we need, is an alien invasion to get people together once again.

10. Anonymous July 2, 2020 / 5:45 pm

Oh I know…It sounds wonderful to but to be honest, I just don't want to travel and get something.

11. Anonymous July 2, 2020 / 5:46 pm

LOL – yeah good old Mayberry.

12. Anonymous July 2, 2020 / 5:46 pm

All of it gives me a headache