Well, here I am.

It\’s Monday and I am trying not to rant on here – which usually I do, but it has become counterproductive. I just get myself all upset. We all know what is going on – no reason for me to beat on that drum any longer.  Have I ever mentioned I like men in kilts?

So bear with me until I get into a new swing of things – There has to be more to me than ranting all the time. Maybe I should tell you my life story? I\’ve had a lot of interesting things happen to me. Maybe I should post some poetry? Some jokes? How about some photos?
I\’m realizing how I have allowed the news media and all that is happening, get way into my mind to which I am having a hard time, trying to post about other things, besides what is going on. It\’s in there – it\’s just suppressed and I am the one that allowed that to happen.

Okay, here I go…
The neighbor in the back is having a new roof installed.
The value of our home has jumped up (I get a notice from my realtor every month) and I was dreaming of moving out of California – but we can\’t yet. We still have Pops in our lives. Then there is the question, do I want to leave my children? and possible grandchildren?  I\’ll think about it later.

I\’m hearing about those Arizona fires. We\’ve already had 1 small fire in our county but the temperatures have been so unseasonably cool that the rate of spread was low. It\’s not even an issue.

No vacation this year – maybe we can do some camping. No swimming for me. I don\’t like to swim in lakes and of course, there are lakes and rivers all around me. I want to see the bottom. They have sturgeons that are the size of whales in Shasta Lake. No Thank you! I love to swim in a clean pool. If we had our own pool, I\’d never use it, or at least that is what my husband tells me. And it would be one more thing for us, to clean and maintain!

Yeah, I\’m bummed.
Oh, I had my hair cut on Friday and that sure lifted my spirits. I felt totally safe. The hairdresser and I both wore masks – the place was spic and span clean. It was wonderful.
I\’ll get my mojo back…be patient.

10 thoughts on “Well, here I am.

1. Anonymous June 8, 2020 / 11:20 pm

Oh Debby, we are having fires too in So Cal. Here we go again, so scary. It's been really windy today. Has it been windy there? Things blowing everywhere. You will get your rhythm back, don't worry. This is an unsettling time we're in. And I know what you mean about where to settle. Not sure I will stay in So Cal, cause Northern Cal is my home, but for now, it's nice to be around family. I love kilts too. Anything red plaid, and I'm there haha.Hang in there during this time, Debby.~Sheri

2. Anonymous June 9, 2020 / 1:00 am

I can't believe that is a fish. Wow!Yeah, no vacation this year. I love to travel and every once in awhile I slip out. But with this dang Covid, forget about it. My brother passed suddenly in March and the folks in the house have started getting anxious anytime I leave the house.And you know, I slipped out about a week ago and it did a lot for my mood. I've got to go to the courthouse in Carroll county Thursday by myself. I plan to play the radio real loud. I'll dedicate a song to you. Be glad you can't hear me sing. lolIt is hard to think about other things when the news is protest protest Covid protest some wackadoodle actor being serious in an interview protest protest. This from a woman who currently has CNN on.

3. Anonymous June 9, 2020 / 3:50 am

Hard to not rant these days with all the madness going on. Glad it was a pleasant experience getting your hair cut. Yep lots of fires here and lots of windy days. Not a good combination. Betty

4. Anonymous June 9, 2020 / 11:00 am

I love a good rant. Especially those I agree with, lol. I used to fish when we had a cabin cruiser. The size of that sturgeon would freak me out.And I am jealous. You had a haircut. I cut off the hair that was hanging on my neck. Now I am thinking I should grow it out and go back to wearing my bob. Then again, I am mostly at home and 'who cares' what my hair looks like.

5. Anonymous June 9, 2020 / 12:56 pm

Sorry that you are feeling this way…I just wrote this same exact thing on another blogger's post who is feeling like you…As with the covid virus, I choose not to watch any National News including what is going on with the Protests all over the World….I am sticking with the advise of a Psychologists who months ago wrote a very good article to limit yourself to only what is happening in your area that would personally effect you. Since then, both my son and I have adopted that mindset and it has helped both of us immensely to get through the Stay at Home phase and now with all the other things that are going on…So I remain Positive, Happy and very Busy!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, Healthy and try to be Happy!!

6. Anonymous June 9, 2020 / 11:58 pm

Well here I am sitting in my home down under with no idea what I was going to say because of distractions so let's just say I was here……………

7. Anonymous June 10, 2020 / 1:01 am

I think I am going to turn off the news for awhile, and stay off Facebook. I just want to shake people and that isn't good for my mental well being. That is one huge fish!!God bless.

8. Anonymous June 10, 2020 / 7:56 pm

You are right – I did stop following national politics for awhile – you have more influence in local politics but lately even that has gone wacky!Best advice – is to just be in my own world for awhile – CREATE my own peace.

9. Anonymous June 10, 2020 / 7:56 pm

Okay Jo-Anne. Glad you were here.

10. Anonymous June 10, 2020 / 7:57 pm

Yes and that is why I don't swim in our lakes. I did shut the door on many facebook family and friends – they were not nice and they can call me or email me.