Les Miserables is miserable to my ears.

This morning we sat out on our patio like we do every morning (weather permitting) and watched as the dark clouds started rolling in from the west. Then we heard thunder from the distance. Nice stay-inside weather. Refreshing after a hot week.

We finished the first season from Masterpiece, World on Fire. Now I have to wait…I started a new \”commitment\”  on Masterpiece called Resistance. That\’s getting good now. Today was a perfect day to cozy up, listen to the rain and watch some good historical dramas. I\’m also watching Jamestown. LOVE that theme music. I\’m going through a historical drama run…
My husband is mixing up a noodle kugel right now for tomorrow. We\’re going to a friend\’s home for dinner. While my husband is mixing up the kugel,  he is listening to the Les Miserables soundtrack. I\’m sorry if I offend anyone but I am probably the only person on the planet that doesn\’t care for the music or the play/movie. Just not my cup of tea.  I don\’t like sad. I don\’t like to cry. I don\’t do \”tearjerkers\” if I can help it. My husband has different likes than I do – He was raised with sisters and had daughters. He likes chick flicks. He likes sad movies and he actually cries!  I was raised as a Tomboy and had 3 sons. I\’ve never been into musicals – okay maybe some Elvis movies…does that count?  I was a daddy\’s girl – Mom enjoyed Lawrence Welk. Dad didn\’t but endured as did I. When certain singers would come on, he would excuse himself and go to the bathroom. That\’s another thing I take after my dad. We both loved action movies, historical dramas, and westerns – no musicals!
My husband\’s mom was a musician; she played the piano and in his childhood home, he was brought up on all types of music and singing. He did drama in school and musicals.
Okay, let me have it – but be nice.

7 thoughts on “Les Miserables is miserable to my ears.

1. Anonymous May 31, 2020 / 3:46 am

I don't get musicals. They are talking and then the next minute they are breaking into song and dance. I think it is cool you are going to friends tomorrow. Not sure what noodle Kugel is but it sounds good. Enjoy!Betty

2. Anonymous May 31, 2020 / 10:47 am

Even though I studied voice and used to love musicals, now that I am older I can't tolerate them. I love Westerns and mysteries. My ex and I also had different tastes in movies. I loved Woody Allen and he hated him. We would actually go to the movies and see two different films!

3. Anonymous May 31, 2020 / 1:03 pm

Lol…I will not say anything. I like Les Misérables, only, I would prefer NOT to watch it or listen to it with others. That's just me though…I don't want to share, grin. Things like that, I prefer to enjoy by myself.Have a great day, friend!!!!

4. Anonymous May 31, 2020 / 11:51 pm

I also like action movies, historical dramas, and westerns but not so much musicals.

5. Anonymous June 1, 2020 / 2:33 am

Would you believe I'm not familiar with Les Miserables? You and your husband sound very different, but somehow you make it work. That's the important thing. I was a tomboy and a daddy's girl too, Debby. While my sister was in the kitchen with my mom, I was spending time with my dad in the garden and building dirt forts in the fields with the neighbor kids haha.~Sheri

6. Anonymous June 1, 2020 / 6:39 pm

My husband and I are very different in some ways (opposites attract) yet we do agree on many important things – so yes, it works. I was the same way as a kid – loved just watching my dad work or do his thing. I enjoyed time with my mom but my dad was everything to me.

7. Anonymous June 6, 2020 / 3:50 am

I know I've seen it. But none of the songs stuck with me. I don't know if I'd recognize one if I heard it.