Excessive Heat – NOT

California has a diverse climate. From alpine mountains to the coast, valleys, deserts, and everything in between. I live in the upper top portion of the big valley – Remember that TV show? It gets HOT here; 105 is normal but it can get upwards to 110 and higher. It\’s always been like that. The hottest I have been in, up here was 121 – back in 1978. My parents were moving from San Francisco and we helped them moved. I swore I\’d never live here. HA! Now we have this young meteorologist, obviously didn\’t learn anything about our normal climate – so when we get close to 100,  she and others start trying to put the fear of God into us. WE\’RE GONNA DIE from all this EXCESSIVE HEAT!

It was up to 103 in my backyard yesterday but the official reading was 99. It\’s only for a couple months of the year and its DRY. It\’s comfortable. I know that it seems hard to believe if you live in a humid area. I can\’t stand 80 degrees and humid – to me, that is unbearable. Right now, clouds are moving in from the northwest and supposed to drop us down to the 60\’s and we might get some rain. It sounds more like Oregon and Washington weather. Now that is unusual for this time of the year.

I guess I am just in a bad mood due to all of this COVID-crap. I get cranky. Everything bugs me – People bug me.  So I decided the cause of my crankiness, is reading the comments on Facebook News pages. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF???? So I unliked all the \”pages\” on Facebook that report the news or anything I just don\’t want to hear about. I found it hard not to argue – and you have to be careful – some of those commenters are dangerous. One time my son, Navy was in a heated discussion and the person went to his Facebook page, downloaded a couple of his photos, and made derogatory memes about him. How mean is that? Yesterday the only things that popped up on my feed, were crafts, gardens, plants, animals, art, decorating.

The constant bickering on how to move forward during this pandemic never stops.  Then there is what is going on in Minneapolis and then the upcoming election. It never stops and seems to be getting worse.

19 thoughts on “Excessive Heat – NOT

1. Anonymous May 29, 2020 / 7:30 pm

Yep on everything in regards to whats going on…and a thought about these young folks…my husband was stationed in Yuma, Az and it was a regular 120*, then we moved to San Diego, where it was often we would get above 100* and NO AC! that was in the late 80's. Then we spent 20 years in Alabama where it was a regular above 100* 10 months out of the year. Suck it up buttercup is what I want to say these young yuppies/guppies whatever they are, wink. On that note ((grin)) I don't like the humidity…here in western NY the last several days the humidity is just unbearable…I probably ought to heed my words, right? {{{grin}}

2. Anonymous May 29, 2020 / 7:50 pm

Loving your blog during our lockdown. I agree entirely with everything you say, having come off all social media in April and now not watching any news at all other than the global news channels which seem a little less hysterical than our major news in the uk. I feel so much calmer now.

3. Anonymous May 29, 2020 / 7:54 pm

112 forecast today here and we have the excessive heat warning through the weekend. But it is a dry heat too.I mentioned before but I unfollowed a Facebook friend because of the hate that she posted. I am glad. I did as I imagine her feed is just awful these days with what is posted. Life is too short to let people or pages get us down in times like this.Betty

4. Anonymous May 29, 2020 / 11:48 pm

When I want to feel good about myself I read comments from asshats about poitics!But there is no reason to be cranky.

5. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 12:04 am

I would guess my post today was not your cup of tea. My annoyance is the stupidity of people.

6. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 8:58 am

The heat where you live is similar to where I live downunder. We regularly get 40C in summer, quite often for a week and more often between 35-40C for quite a few days at a time. We don't get humidity though, which I think makes the temperature more bearable. I hope things improve for you. Take care.

7. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 10:25 am

I never watch TV news. Haven't turned the radio on since I started self-isolating on March 11. See the headlines in my Detroit paper and don't read the stories cause I get sick of nothing but Covid-19. Yesterday the Governor of our state was complaining of lost revenue and wants the feds to help. Did she not know that the state would bankrupt itself if we closed down??? And I saw a story about how you folks in California are all likely to burn up again. Yes, we know fires are likely, but why hype it? I get so mad I can't even blog about anything. And then some idiot yesterday was telling me that our Governor is busy flying all over the country, been to 20 states already – how do folks make up this stuff?

8. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 1:46 pm

It's exhausting! Yes, I would take 105 and dry over 80 and humid! The humidity is very uncomf0rtable!

9. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:19 pm

Bad moods are allowed, we all have them and this covid buisness can put any one in a bad mood. I remember the tv show but don't remember watching it

10. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:47 pm

Funny. No censorship from me.

11. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:48 pm

We have to social distance from anything that makes us mad.

12. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:50 pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they can post what they want on their page or blog – if their posts bug us, then we leave. It's simple. I have a friend who just moved from Tucson to Phoenix just this week. She said, the weather media there always makes a big deal of the heat; as if they don't realize they're in a desert! Funny the hype.

13. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:51 pm

True I just unliked and unfriended them. Problem solved!

14. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:52 pm

Not at all – I've been reading your blog for quite some time so I kinda know how you are.

15. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:52 pm

Thank you. Yep, its the humidity that is the killer.

16. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:54 pm

Everything is doomsday scenarios – if it isn't the covid19, its the weather or the economy or race issues – all bad news and you do start getting sick of it.

17. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:55 pm

I agree. I'm a real wuss when it gets humid here. It makes me fatigued. I can't stand to be in my clothes!

18. Anonymous May 30, 2020 / 11:55 pm

When I want to escape, I watch the old Westerns I watched as a kid with my dad.

19. Anonymous June 1, 2020 / 2:41 am

Wow, it does get hot there. It's getting warm here in So Cal, but Nel said it doesn't get much warmer than what we've been getting. I understand your crankiness. Yea, I know some people who actually get depressed when going on Facebook. Yes, I think crafts, garden, art, and decorating will help you feel better. : )~Sheri