Monday again

Well I\’ve done something – my neck and shoulder area is having a burning type of pain. I can hardly sit move my neck or sit here to type so I will make this post short.

We had our adult kids over yesterday for a Sunday BBQ. My goodness, how they have changed. Navy and Foodie\’s hair is long – and Char has gained a lot of weight. I wonder what they saw different in me? Sara had her hair in a bun. We enjoyed a lively conversation – it kept going to talk about the Government handling of C-19. It got LOUD. Then it went to politics – They say they are \”discussing\” but it sounds like loud arguing to me.

Navy said one new person has tested positive at the VA home – this from weeks of nothing. They can\’t tell him if he was exposed. Everybody gets tested today. My FIL has been tested 4 times. He\’s going to start getting mad. He doesn\’t clearly understand the need. So if Navy tests positive then I guess we all will have to be tested. I\’m not concerned. I\’m better at dealing with it, as it comes, then living and walking on eggshells.

As for my neck, Sara said, it could be a while before I can get in to get tests; they are so backlogged. They just are starting orthopedic surgeries this week and Friday with other life or death surgeries. I am in pain and trying NOT to take a pain killer. I guess rest is the only thing I can do – but I want to do stuff. I\’ve been resting for months now…

Take care all –

7 thoughts on “Monday again

1. Anonymous May 25, 2020 / 6:42 pm

Glad you got together for the barbecue! Loud is good lol after probably a lot of quiet. Hubby grew a moustache during this time so that was his change. Otherwise here everyone looked about the same.Sorry about your shoulder and neck pain. I agree that it will take a long time to catch back up on medical exams and procedures. Imagine how far behind well baby and well child checks are. They were not doing them here during this time. Good attitude if your son tests positive. Just go with the flow and get tested if they suggest it.Hope you feel better soon!Betty

2. Anonymous May 26, 2020 / 12:11 am

I hope your neck gets better without having to go to an orthopedic doctor. I go to a chiropractor which has helped me a lot. One time I hurt my knee and spent $400 at a medstop for no help. The doctor clearly thought I was after pain meds. She did not know how much walking I had to do. I told the chiropractor. He fixed my knee. I know people think they are akin to witch doctors. But, this one has helped me.I'm so sick of politics. We are one track minds in parallel lanes trying to out talk each other.

3. Anonymous May 26, 2020 / 10:19 am

I like talking to my family as we all have the same political opinions. My son in Texas says he is letting his hair grow and he looks like a hippie. Waiting to see how long he can stand it before getting it cut.Sorry about the pain. I have been extremely careful doing any yard work as I don't want to do something and injure my back again. Have you tried using Arnicare gel? Works wonders for me.

4. Anonymous May 26, 2020 / 5:23 pm

I used to go to a Chiropractor that I knew years ago and he worked on my neck and my hip. It seemed to help. I just couldn't afford it anymore. I'll get in for some physical therapy as soon as they start accepting patients. That always works for me. I like that, \”one track minds in parallel lanes trying to out talk each other\”. EXACTLY!

5. Anonymous May 26, 2020 / 5:23 pm

No I haven't and thanks for the suggestion. I will add that to my essential shopping list for tomorrow

6. Anonymous May 26, 2020 / 5:24 pm

Apparently the employee didn't have it – someone in her family. But they sent her home and she was tested negative so far. They are taking precautions and I am thankful for that.

7. Anonymous May 26, 2020 / 11:03 pm

It is Wednesday morning as I read this and I am in a lot of pain in my lower back and right arm