Uh Oh, BUSTED!

Tuesday – People in Shasta county are getting impatient. On Mother\’s day, the small town of Cottonwood opened up and held their traditional Mothers Day Rodeo. I knew it was going to bring trouble. Sure enough, the local shit-disturber TV station reported on it – showing the lack of social distancing in the crowds of about 2000. I didn\’t agree with it. Too risky. Once our Governor got wind of it, he decided to penalize the whole county – so businesses that were to open up, who followed the guidelines, now can\’t. The old \”peer pressure\” routine. Teachers use that all the time in the classroom. If Johnny won\’t behave or Johnny and some of his friends, then the whole class gets detention.

Coincidently, after nearly 3 weeks of no cases, one pops up yesterday. So we\’re ALL off to our rooms! GROUNDED!

Yesterday I went to Costco. I got there early, stood in line before they opened. Very organized. The \”early morning crowd\” is cool. Everyone in line had their masks on and was polite to each other. I like that much better. Restaurants were supposed to open but now, they aren\’t able to. We\’re all back to square one.

I\’m safer staying inside, these days – seems everybody wants a fight (not the early morning crowd) You get dirty looks if you wear a mask – you get dirty looks if you don\’t wear a mask.

EVERYBODY, go to your rooms and stay there until you can all get along. PERIOD!

8 thoughts on “Uh Oh, BUSTED!

1. Anonymous May 12, 2020 / 11:00 pm

What ever the politicians decide to do it will be wrong. Open up and some people will get sick, some will die. Stay locked down and the country goes into a deep depression that it does not recover from for a long time. I was not around, but my folks seemed to thing the great depression was terrible, lots of people suffered, lots died. If we minimize Covid deaths, how do we know we did? There is no standard for something we've never gone through before. If we minimize economic damage, same thing. It is impossible to succeed, only failure is guaranteed baked into the recipe.Politicians not in office are all warming you their \”I told you so's.\”

2. Anonymous May 13, 2020 / 12:05 am

Hi Debby. It only takes one to ruin it for the whole bunch. Saw on the news that a restaurant opened up on Mother's Day in Colorado and there was standing room only. Got closed down and lost license for at least a month. As it should be. I'm not going anyplace, even when they say it is safe, I still won't go. I'm the only one who knows if I'm safe! .Stay well..xxoJudy

3. Anonymous May 13, 2020 / 12:32 am

Nope, sorry, can't do it…to much house arrest going on. I am all for people exercising their rights. The sooner folks realize this is about government overreach and compliance, the better. Here, in Western NY, not one sick person sick, yes, we have had 20 deaths in the nursing home, but that is because Cuomo sent sick patients to the nursing home (true). Enough is enough, jmo of course, but if the folks out and about are any indication, 10 weeks of this house arrest is enough. No end in sight, sad to say.Not meaning to cause an argument or anything. Just keeping it real.

4. Anonymous May 13, 2020 / 1:49 am

A small town 50 miles from here, Wickenburg, a few of the restaurants opened up May 1st. It was as crowded as it could be with people coming to support them. Of course they got served with papers for disobeying the governor's orders since restaurants were still closed for dine in service. They kept being open day after day. Funny a few days later it was announced restaurants could start serving inside the restaurant May 11th and today it was announced gyms and pools can open tomorrow. I know cases will go up because more testing is being done. I am going out and doing what I want to do as things open up again. Hair salons opened Friday and at some places it is a 2 hour wait to get a haircut. One thing I have learned from this. I won't socially isolate from family. If we are all healthy I will continue to visit them regularly. Betty

5. Anonymous May 13, 2020 / 4:38 pm

No argument from me. I don't believe in one size fits all places in the US. IT has to be state by state, county by county. My son works at a private care facility and was appalled over the nursing home fiasco in your state. Just awful.

6. Anonymous May 14, 2020 / 12:03 am

Why is it so hard for some to get that open doesn't mean we can crowd into places and really shouldn't be doing so for a bloody long time to come.

7. Anonymous May 14, 2020 / 10:42 pm

I am open. Some people are wearing masks and staying in their own space while the majority are acting as if nothing happened. This helped me decide NOT to open the pool. I have to wonder about being sued if my pool turned out to be a hot spot for the virus. I prefer to err on the cautious side. My choice and I will lose revenue, but I am okay with that.