Open for Business?

Our county is finally in stage 2 of recovery. Of course, because we are in that \”age group\” we will still limit our exposure and if we don\’t feel a situation is safe, we won\’t do it.  Just knowing, that we are moving along, does make me feel less couped up. Funny how that is.

Toward the end of the month, I hope to get the family here for a BBQ. I miss them so much. We\’ll see…

I get up around 6 am – sometimes a little before. Then we sit out on our patio and drink our coffee; watch the birds, throw Laydee the ball – In the distance, we can hear roosters, goats and an occasional horse whinny. I\’m hearing more cars on the road – life is coming back. I hope everyone continues to use good judgment.

This pandemic has eliminated the need to go out shopping. I ordered the husband some new jeans, that are coming and I ordered some summer tops for myself. Retail around here will start opening up but I am not yet sure about thrift stores. Char works at a thrift store. I love shopping around thrift and antique stores. I\’m thinking it will be soon. They are still not allowing church or cultural gatherings.

Being an introvert I have always felt uncomfortable with the meet and greet part of the church. I don\’t go there for those holy kisses and hugs. I don\’t like to shake hands either. It\’s always bothered me. Some people have clammy hands. Of course, the husband is an extrovert. He tells me I am \”anti-social\”. I am NOT ANTI-SOCIAL. I am an introvert. I am a wallflower-type person. I\’m comfortable not being noticed.  The older I get, the more it is. I hope everyone now, after all of this, will tone all of that down.

I only want to hug my family and good friends I have known for a long time.

I always hate to be rude, but now after all of this, I plan to just keep my hands in my pocket or just say I don\’t do handshakes, kisses, or hugs. Elbow bumps are just dumb.

8 thoughts on “Open for Business?

1. Anonymous May 9, 2020 / 9:00 pm

So funny, I don't go to church often, but when I do I always hate that handshake all around thing too.

2. Anonymous May 9, 2020 / 9:37 pm

I'm much more of an extrovert than I ever thought I was, and I miss hand shaking and hugs. But even when things are open again I'm not sure if we'll be hand shaking again. In New York City we've got a distance to go before reopening a lot though I'm hopeful by the summer we'll able to be out more. I miss taking the bus to a museum or to my water aerobics at the Y, and I miss going to services. Not sure when that will open up again. Thanks for visiting Buttercupland.

3. Anonymous May 10, 2020 / 12:58 am

We meet and greet with a nod instead of a hug but that's all good

4. Anonymous May 10, 2020 / 2:03 am

I quite agree, I find elbow bumps dumb. Also we are told to cough into our arms and I don't know about you but I always seem to cough into the bend of my elbow.God bless.

5. Anonymous May 10, 2020 / 4:14 am

I believe handshaking, hugging,etc will be a thing in the past, not only at church but every venue, especially with strangers or acquaintances. Our Goodwill is open here since nonessential got to be open yesterday. Saw they had an in door and a separate out door. Restaurants for sit down open Monday. Going to son's restaurant on Wednesday. Son came over last night to pick up a package he ordered on Amazon from my prime acct. When he left I gave him a hug with his permission. I am going to see grandson tomorrow at their house and play with him for a couple of hours. We are under stay at home orders until Friday but personally I believe we have been so manipulated through this thing that I have had enough of the \”stay home. Stay healthy, stay connected\” propaganda from our governor. I am 62 so considered high risk group but I am healthy with no chronic medical conditions. For me, it's time to start living again and that means judicious precaution but not fear.Betty

6. Anonymous May 10, 2020 / 7:44 am

I hope some of the hugging and kissy kissy things will stop too as I think it goes a bit too far especially if you don't know the person. I grew up without the hugs and kisses except for family and that is the way I like it. Each to their own I guess, but we shouldn't feel bad about it. Take care and hope we can all start to get back to what we like doing.

7. Anonymous May 11, 2020 / 4:05 am

My former church is doing live facebook videos of a \”service\”. They go through the whole liturgy, with just the pastor and the music minister. He sings hymns, and the lyrics are displayed on-screen. It's been great for me, here in Vietnam. I've missed church for 4 years! I hope they continue.My mom's church started services this weekend. They roped off alternating pews, and asked couples to choose one end or the other. Families would take a whole row. She said they had about 40 or 50 this weekend. It sounds like they are trying to maintain social distancing, while allowing people to worship.