I was Cray Cray the other day day.

I lost it with an old friend of mine the other evening on the phone. I am not pleased with myself now that it is done and over with. I could sit here and justify my rant but that\’s not the issue.

When was the last time you argued with a friend? Said some things you probably shouldn\’t have? It\’s been YEARS. I just don\’t do that. I\’m a calm person and tend to suck things up or I blog! Hearing myself, lose it – has me feeling very disappointed in myself. I felt ill for hours. I don\’t like that!

Yesterday I apologized and she accepted it. We\’re good but in all honesty, we\’ll never be the same and that makes me sad. After more than 35 years of friendship, this was our first blow up. Me, doing 99% of the blowing up. The thing is, she is Italian and outspoken and has a temper and can be brutally blunt. I sure shocked the bejesus out of her I am sure.

• I could say, the whole situation of what is going on just had me snap and she was just in the way.
  • I could say, what she said is what drove me to bat-crazy.
  • I could say, maybe she had it coming (for years)

Oh well – I must move on and forget about it. I guess I am a bit more cray cray than I ever thought.

22 thoughts on “I was Cray Cray the other day day.

1. Anonymous May 5, 2020 / 8:00 pm

These are tough times we are living in. I have to curb what I say a lot because I know it is differing to what others think. I think you probably learned a valuable lesson for the next time a similar position arises. Chalk it up to experience and move on. Betty

2. Anonymous May 5, 2020 / 8:36 pm

Hi Debby. Things are all kind of mixed up these days what with the virus and then for the past few years. I know I had a \”discussion\” with my sister the other day and I feel bad about it now. Who knows what will start us off, but the best thing to do is just get on with it and hope that the feeling won't stay around forever..Take care and stay well..xxoJudy

3. Anonymous May 5, 2020 / 8:46 pm

That's rough, especially with a long time friend. I tend to complain to another friend that is also friends with the person. Or as some might call it, gossiping! Lol.

4. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 12:19 am

I think…we all have been there, done it etc. Everyone who knows me knows I am very outspoken (gee, what gave it away? grin). I had a falling out last year with a friend. She and I never saw eye to eye on politics, and of course, it was over politics…and she told me to sit down and shut up. Now, being told to sit down I can handle, being told to shut up, no, I can't. Actually, she called me a bad name before being told to shut up. Whatever was going on with her, was no fault of mine. We have not reconciled. My husband rarely says anything about my friends, but this time…he said, \”Listen, I didn't like her needy ways and the way she spoke to you a lot of times and how she talked down to you. I really don't think you need to apologize and I have said my peace to you.\” I do miss her, she was a former professor who became a family friend. She would be elated to know I made it through my final semester and attainted that elusive degree.Sometimes, its hard to just walk away. Please don't beat yourself up. We are human Debby. If she is your friend, she will accept you for you. Cray cray and all. ((grin)) I am so sorry you had an argument. P.S. I love that graphic of Morticia. Also, I bet you really didn't shock your friend, wink.

5. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 12:27 am

Sometimes the test of a friendship is an argument. I think we are all in the middle of such strong opinions and emotions it spills over where we don't need it. I have to avoid reading political opinions because I get all worked up, Like it really matters or would change anything. I used to think it was because I had slowed down and could think. But I look at my life taking care of so many people, I think it is the times we are living through. Take care of yourself.

6. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 2:05 am

Not sure when the last time I argued with a friend was. I do know that now I usually come home and have a hissy fit if something makes me want to blow my top.God bless.

7. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:49 am

That's so hard. You apologized though, and she accepted it. Now you just need to forgive yourself.I said some things I shouldn't have to a newly introduced friend, months ago. She was leaving the country days after we met, and it was probably 2 months until I saw her again and could apologize. Turned out, she didn't even remember! (We'd both been drinking.) It was a weight lifted.

8. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 9:58 am

Your description of that woman sounds just like my mother. She was one pi—– every off. She hardly had any relatives still speaking to her when she died. Of course, they were all nearly as bad. I did get into it just a little with an old friend over the stay-at-home order here in Michigan, but I just backed-off. I'm staying at home, I just don't like being told to, or else.We all have our days and as you said, it has been coming for 35 years.

9. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:45 pm

You are right. We're never too old to blow it.

10. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:46 pm

Thank You. I'm going to just put it behind me and learn from it.

11. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:48 pm

We're apart geographically now so we no longer have the same friends anymore.

12. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:50 pm

I've had disagreements with cousins – to where we no longer have relationship, only to communicate who in the family has died. That's it.

13. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:52 pm

You're not kidding about having strong opinions, emotions – it does spill into everything. People here, judging others calling them sheep, if they wear a mask – others calling people out, for not wearing a mask. Politics, religion. We're all walking on egg shells and eventually, it does have to come out, I guess.

14. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:53 pm

It had been a long time for me as well. I think it was when I was a young Mommy – had a bit of a temper back then and would spout off. I've learned. The other evening, I had my moment I am not proud of but I've learned my lesson.

15. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:54 pm

Isn't that something? Many times we just punish ourselves – and the other party is over it.

16. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 4:55 pm

Yeah I am over it. She's communicated with me through email and sent me a message with a heart – so I believe she is wanting us to get back to our \”new\” normal.

17. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 5:27 pm

Words can never be taken back. I have learned that lesson far too many times. As I grow older I find that I am able to swallow words easier and just say nothing. It is still hard to do, especially if you feel strongly about the subject. You can only apologize and move on. I still cringe at things I have said in the past!

18. Anonymous May 6, 2020 / 10:34 pm

Losing it and h aving meltdowns happen to everyone at times, no need to stew on it, once happened it can't be undone so accept and move on

19. Anonymous May 7, 2020 / 1:50 pm

I can't imagine having an argument with either of my two oldest and best friend. The only old friend I have that I could possible have an argument with lives in another state and I rarely see her!

20. Anonymous May 7, 2020 / 7:23 pm

That's the thing – words can never be taken back. That is what bothers me the most.

21. Anonymous May 7, 2020 / 7:23 pm

Yeah I can't stew about it. I'm moving on.

22. Anonymous May 7, 2020 / 7:24 pm

I never thought I would either – that is what bothers me.